Rotherham lads

I’m always skeptical when someone suggests they know know much someone is being paid. But they will be good wages and at championship level.

Its funny given how much hammer Rotherham fans give us for being deluded yet their hero’s are happy to jump ship here at a lower level. Presumably their boys are deluded also 

1 minute ago, vulva said:

£14k. You could Rotherham for that and have change left over for a Barnsley. 

Average champ wage is meant to be 10k a week and id imagine Rotherham are way below average. They will be on good money but I’m skeptical of that much 

45 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The money freed up by Luongo’s departure will more than cover these two….. Try being positive for a change!

You can’t be thinking Luongo was on over 28k surely?

Id take any financial figures from a salty Millers fan with a big pinch of salt until something clearer comes out.

We we’re reported to be paying winall 16k a week (a Nixon rumour so again a guess) in the press to get him out of a very good barnsley side and we were chucking cash around then. The evidence suggests it’s probably not the case 

Just now, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

why do people get so caught up on the wages? 

We're not paying any transfer fees for these guys

Smith was being touted last season at over 1 million

Wages are quite key when it comes to the accounts it was the wage bill that put us here as it’s all an annual payment whereas transfer fees are spread over contract length 

1 hour ago, striker said:

🤣

Wouldn't be difficult.  I bought my first house for £21k. Thinking back at all the effort that went into that mortgage application,  you could put that amount on a credit card now.

Had that limit on mine nearly 30 Years ago. But only because I was up to my eyeballs in student debt

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheEnchanter said:

Isn't there a wage cap in League 1 anyway. It's still probably more than the tramps at Rotherham can offer. This would be very very funny. 

In a recent decision, an independent arbitration panel upheld a claim against a salary cap in League One and League Two.  The salary cap, introduced by the English Football League (EFL) on 7 August 2020, prohibits the overall player salary remuneration above 2.5 million in League One and a cap of 1.5 Million in League Two[1].   The Professional Footballers’ Association (PFA) opposed the salary caps and sought arbitrary action. Following the arbitral decision the EFL have withdrawn the salary caps

Even at 14k a week each, (still debatable) it's not an astronomical amount if you but it into perspective. That's 700k a year and let's say in today's market they're worth 1m each. We are saving on the transfer fee which ables us to pay that little extra in wages.

1 hour ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

My brother once sat and explained to me that he had watched a documentary about monkeys who were in danger, because scientists, working for the black market, were amputating the monkeys arms and attaching them to human amputees who had lost their own arms.

Despite my efforts to convince him with variations on the theme of "Neil, don't be so stupid. That wouldn't even work. Was this a parody?" He was convinced and absolutely serious. At one point, I recall he even said "Poor monkeys. What sort of world do we live in?"

After a while, I spoke to his wife. She told me he had been drunk and stayed up that night and had, in all likelihood, dreamt it. 

Since then, if I hear any nonsense or lies, I always refer to it as 'monkey arms'.

😉