Chairman press conference - a few important comments from Chansiri

13 minutes ago, The coach said:

Do you think we will get promoted next season? Did you think we would get promoted this season? For me it’s no and no...what’s your answers? No deflection..just yes or no’s

You say deflection, but you still have answered my question about Tuchel.

Is he a terrible manger with his wage budget?

Last season I didn't think we could go automatic, but I think next season we will go up in the top two.

28 minutes ago, The coach said:

I was telling everybody Sunderland wer the ones to fear when they got Neil in..and I was right...they will 100% go up..he’s been there done it...Dm hasn’t

Why dont all managers who have been promoted before always get promoted every season after during their careers then? 

• Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, The coach said:

People defending Moore all season have said having the biggest budget dosnt guarantee success...so why do we pay players 27k 18k etc...I would like to see us operating under the same budget as roam Shrewsbury etc..we need to cut our cloth and stop making bang average players millionaires

Which players are we paying £27k or £18k then. 

@YesWeCrannhas already said countless times these figures are way off the mark. 

Can you post a players wageslip to back up your claims. 

Or is the local Journalist a more reliable source on the wages paid out. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why dont all managers who have been promoted before always get promoted every season after during their careers then? 

This 100%.  

Anyway, I think Chansiri has learned a lot during the last ~7 years.  As far as "budgeting" goes,  there seems to be a belief by some Owlstalkers, that Chansiri saying "there is no budget", means there is an UNLIMITED amount of money to be spent recklessly.  I think he meant more that there is no specific amount of available money, specifically allocated for this purpose or that.  There is a limit on money to spend, and it will be spent according to Moore's advice,  as far as Players go.

I'm looking forward to 2022 - 23.

28 minutes ago, elyowl1 said:

Which players are we paying £27k or £18k then. 

@YesWeCrannhas already said countless times these figures are way off the mark. 

Can you post a players wageslip to back up your claims. 

Or is the local Journalist a more reliable source on the wages paid out. 

Bannan and Patto...and the entire squad are on massive inflated wages compared to the rest of the division..it needs to stop

6 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You really don't reckon we should have a set budget?

After what we've been through under Chansiri's tenure so far, I'd say having a set budget and making damn sure we stick to it from now on would be top of my list of non-negotiables.

Too much read into it in my opinion, like he doesn't know about financial restraints after what's happened....he said "I will try my best to support as much as I can."...to me that doesn't say he's about to splash the cash...I get what he means when he says there's no 'set' budget, it doesn't mean it's limitless.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

DemGFMkW4AEEyYL.jpg

"If we get offers for players that we can't refuse and we believe we can replace them, then we will make a decision,"

"We have talked about the areas we would like to strengthen,"

"Our recruitment team works all year round"

"We prepared two lists of transfer targets if we stayed in League One or got promoted to the Championship."

"Every coach asks me about budgets but I always say there is no set budget,"

"It depends on what we need. Whatever we need, I will try my best to support as much as I can."

….but from time to time I haven’t been able to and have not been even able to pay our players on time…

34 minutes ago, The coach said:

Bannan and Patto...and the entire squad are on massive inflated wages compared to the rest of the division..it needs to stop

Maybe as we are staying down, it will, and maybe some well paid players will be leaving purely on costs grounds

Oh Thank you Mr Chansiri..... Oh Thank you.!  You're so wonderful Mr Chansiri..... We begin again in leagues one Mr Chansiri... Up to our eyes in debt Mr Chansiri..... don't own our own ground Mr Chansiri.. 

FFS....  He finally understands that we may have to sell players.... How many years   ? 

And people are thanking him for last season... lol

4 hours ago, Jennz said:

Too much read into it in my opinion, like he doesn't know about financial restraints after what's happened....he said "I will try my best to support as much as I can."...to me that doesn't say he's about to splash the cash...I get what he means when he says there's no 'set' budget, it doesn't mean it's limitless.

What does he mean when he says, "I always say there is no set budget", then?

Surely there has to be a set amount which we can afford to spend each season without getting ourselves into further trouble with the EFL further down the line, should we get promoted and operate under P&S rules again?

If what we can spend without getting ourselves into further bother isn't limitless, then we have a set budget, don't we?

7 hours ago, The coach said:

Do you have the proof for this? 

Please post your evidence for your unsubstantiated claims. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The coach said:

Put some numbers on it

Tell us what you think each one is on

THEN we will listen to you

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What does he mean when he says, "I always say there is no set budget", then?

Surely there has to be a set amount which we can afford to spend each season without getting ourselves into further trouble with the EFL further down the line, should we get promoted and operate under P&S rules again?

If what we can spend without getting ourselves into further bother isn't limitless, then we have a set budget, don't we?

He will weigh up all the options and if the club will benefit from the deal he will go ahead.  You are over analyzing his words he said in a relaxed interview.  Stop trying to trip him up. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, The coach said:

don’t know what you are gettin at here...my stance all season has been..we have the biggest budget,.we should have gone up...we didn’t...and that’s down to the manager...imo

Yes

So by YOUR logic it doesn't matter if a club has more finance or parachute payments because (as you've said yourself) you can just change your manager and get promoted with a better one regardless of finances

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Put some numbers on it

Tell us what you think each one is on

THEN we will listen to you

They have no idea. 

Everyone kicked off about accuracy when Wilder said ‘big hitters on 40 grand a week’, when we had none of them on that much (as the chairman said, albeit we overpaid for a lot!)

So why now do people try to bring our players down by telling them what their wages are? Just to suit an argument presumably. 

There’s no way Bannan was offered £27,000 when we were on the verge of relegation to L1, as our local journos have pointed out. 

• Like 1