Chairman press conference - a few important comments from Chansiri

2 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

They have no idea. 

Everyone kicked off about accuracy when Wilder said ‘big hitters on 40 grand a week’, when we had none of them on that much (as the chairman said, albeit we overpaid for a lot!)

So why now do people try to bring our players down by telling them what their wages are? Just to suit an argument presumably. 

There’s no way Bannan was offered £27,000 when we were on the verge of relegation to L1, as our local journos have pointed out. 

Let's see if he can come up with the figures or not

lol

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's see if he can come up with the figures or not

lol

I had a ‘debate’ with a few people on here weeks ago who were saying Hutchinson should go because we can find better for his massive wages.

I referred to an actual quote from the bloke himself…

ie you cannot get more definitive than that, yet they refused to accept it because it rubbished their argument. 

I honestly don’t get it. If people want rid of someone because they don’t think they’re good enough that’s fine, but the wages thing is silly  

5E58A9BF-410A-474B-8BF6-D2E54462CBC5.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

I had a ‘debate’ with a few people on here weeks ago who were saying Hutchinson should go because we can find better for his massive wages.

ie you cannot get more definitive than that, yet they refused to accept it because it rubbished their argument. 

I honestly don’t get it. If people want rid of someone because they don’t think they’re good enough that’s fine, but the wages thing is silly  

Agreed

When you boil it down it's just bullies trying to bully

Rather than put together an eloquent argument and debate about the merits of a player or manager, they look for anything they can use against the player to essentially act like a bully against them, whether that's their wages, colour of skin, size, height, weight or in the case of our manager their vocal ticks

It's just cowardly bullying and I'll always call it out when I see it because it's the stuff of playground bullies and nobody likes or respects them when they wander around acting like that.

If people have an issue with the number of goals a player scores then fine, if they think a player isn't quite fast enough fine, if they think the player misplaces too many passes fine, but to call a player fat, or something related to their skin colour, sexuality or the way they speak is pure bullying behaviour.

The wage thing is another example - the player can't do anything about it, the chairman is happy to pay it, it doesn't affect the fans one iota, the chairman can fund other players too so it doesn't matter if a player is on £50 or £500000 a week and drives two Bentley - it's totally irrelevant 

It's just bully behaviour because they dont' have a relevant or intelligent discussion to be had instead.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He will weigh up all the options and if the club will benefit from the deal he will go ahead.  You are over analyzing his words he said in a relaxed interview.  Stop trying to trip him up. 

'Trip him up'? 

I'm just responding to what he said.

:duntmatter:

'There is no set budget' suggests there's, well, no set budget, doesn't it?

The fact that he says every coach asks him about a budget would suggest that having one is fairly standard practice at other clubs, and the way Chansiri operates is something of an exception, too.

2 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

Some very short memories on here , all this coo-ing over a bloke who is the main reason we are in this god-forsaken division.

This bloke is still paying all the bills and seems to have an interest in keeping on doing that.

The past season showed a big change in things. He was clearly in the background and let Moore do his job.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Bannan rubbished that himself too recently

Well somebody should tell Carlton Palmer then...cus he’s been telling the local press he his...and good old Patto..utility man who can’t get in the first 11 is on 18k a week..I’m led to believe..and our jeepers keeper cammy is on 9k a week...apparently..is it any wonder players never leave till their contracts expire

1 minute ago, FinnishOwl said:

This bloke is still paying all the bills and seems to have an interest in keeping on doing that.

The past season showed a big change in things. He was clearly in the background and let Moore do his job.

Agreed..........my point is still a valid one though.

2 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

He did indeed..and Moore failed to deliver what was asked of him

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Your bonkers in the nut.  To take all that from a throw away comment.  Ever thought of getting a job with The Sun?

Take all what?

All I've done is take him at his word: we have no set budget.

That's all.

And drop the insults while we're at it.

Just now, The coach said:

He did indeed..and Moore failed to deliver what was asked of him

Looking at the mess we had in our hands last summer, I think he did quite well. I think that Sunderland is a good example to us. Just take a look at how it has gone for them in L1.

6 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Take all what?

All I've done is take him at his word: we have no set budget.

That's all.

And drop the insults while we're at it.

As I said you are over analyzing it.   We have seen the players budget drop over the past few seasons, you are whittling over nothing.  

22 minutes ago, The coach said:

Well somebody should tell Carlton Palmer then...cus he’s been telling the local press he his...and good old Patto..utility man who can’t get in the first 11 is on 18k a week..I’m led to believe..and our jeepers keeper cammy is on 9k a week...apparently..is it any wonder players never leave till their contracts expire

Maybe:

1) stop listening to Carlton Palmer

2) stop listening to Carlton Palmer

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

On 21/05/2022 at 13:57, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

What does he mean when he says, "I always say there is no set budget", then?

Surely there has to be a set amount which we can afford to spend each season without getting ourselves into further trouble with the EFL further down the line, should we get promoted and operate under P&S rules again?

If what we can spend without getting ourselves into further bother isn't limitless, then we have a set budget, don't we?

It probably means that he'll assess any request for funds at the time, no need to have a set limit.

• Like 2

Guest Musttryharder
On 21/05/2022 at 08:34, WhiteOwl91 said:

I wonder what the reason was for not renewing his contract. On that basis it couldnt have been his wages.

5 hours ago, Jennz said:

It probably means that he'll assess any request for funds at the time, no need to have a set limit.

Yeah, that's how I read it, too.

Why he thinks there's no need to have a set limit, I have no idea.

That how we ended up in this mess in the first place.