Chairman press conference - a few important comments from Chansiri

Guest mrbluesky

Although I can’t fault him for his latest statement the horse has bolted for me, there’s to much negativity around DC, his track record is awful.

The club needs a fresh start, yep I appreciate it’s not easy finding new owners, even harder when the owner doesn’t want to sell.

The owner won’t change, and he’s not learning for the millionth time

29 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

I wonder what the reason was for not renewing his contract. On that basis it couldnt have been his wages.

Might be a few reasons? Know his family have moved back down south ? Could be that his legs have started to go ? Could other things ? We’ll see who he ends up signing for that will answer a few questions? I personally would have given him another yr but that’s my opinion 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jennz said:

It probably means that he'll assess any request for funds at the time, no need to have a set limit.

So you don't get the numpties on here saying he promised to spend £20M but has only spent £19.6 M 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Guest Musttryharder
2 hours ago, Mick70 said:

Might be a few reasons? Know his family have moved back down south ? Could be that his legs have started to go ? Could other things ? We’ll see who he ends up signing for that will answer a few questions? I personally would have given him another yr but that’s my opinion 

If he wasn't on a massive salary what harm would it have done to have another 12 months out of him. Fitness and disciplinary not the best but his commitment was without question 100%.

9 minutes ago, Musttryharder said:

If he wasn't on a massive salary what harm would it have done to have another 12 months out of him. Fitness and disciplinary not the best but his commitment was without question 100%.

I'd heard that we were willing to offer him a new deal but we'd told him we were looking to bring other defensive recruitments in and he might struggle for game time. Both parties came to a mutual agreement to let him go.

• Like 1

Guest Musttryharder
31 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I'd heard that we were willing to offer him a new deal but we'd told him we were looking to bring other defensive recruitments in and he might struggle for game time. Both parties came to a mutual agreement to let him go.

Well thats reassuring. I wonder if that means with  better quality players. We have had some good form in recent times in replacing for better. 

Guest mrbluesky
2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

There you go...it will give you something to do next season lol 

That makes no sense lol

God,I do love your stupidness, daveyboy xxx

On 21/05/2022 at 02:06, MallorcaOwl said:

All Chairmen or CEO's of EFL clubs should submit a budget to the EFL, and lose points at the end of the season if they go over it by  5%.. Everyone would then know were they stand financially

What if they go under it, do supporters get cash back from season tickets 

Guest Musttryharder
6 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Although I can’t fault him for his latest statement the horse has bolted for me, there’s to much negativity around DC, his track record is awful.

The club needs a fresh start, yep I appreciate it’s not easy finding new owners, even harder when the owner doesn’t want to sell.

The owner won’t change, and he’s not learning for the millionth time

I'd hate to see what you would have said if you hadnt with his latest statement. 

Guest mrbluesky
21 hours ago, Musttryharder said:

I'd hate to see what you would have said if you hadnt with his latest statement. 

*Scratches head

There is a budget but it is a bit like buying a house.  If you see one you really like you will do all you can to stretch the budget a little to get the house you want.

I’ve been critical of DC in the past but he is sensible in not disclosing what his budget is.  We will have one though.

I’m sure if there is a good striker at this level then we might try to pull out all the stops (within reason) to sign him.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2022 at 21:10, @owlstalk said:

But what he DID do was back his manager, stay out of the limelight, not cause any issues, not get us embargoed etc

Come on - give people credit when they do good

Criticise when they do bad

I have to agree.  I’ve been one of Chansiri’s most ardent critics but I thought he did well last season backing DM and keeping away from the spotlight.  Whether this will continue who knows but I’m not going to bash him without just cause

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marro said:

I have to agree.  I’ve been one of Chansiri’s most ardent critics but I thought he did well last season backing DM and keeping away from the spotlight.  Whether this will continue who knows but I’m not going to bash him without just cause

Only thing DC did wrong last season was failing to get rid of DM after the Sunderland debacle

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, The coach said:

Only thing DC did wrong last season was failing to get rid of DM after the Sunderland debacle

I think tactically DM got the Sunderland game wrong in the first leg.  I was very disappointed but have no complaints as overall Sunderland shaded it.

I don’t think DM should lose his job over it though.  

The pressure is on for him and I expect that unless he achieves promotion this coming season he won’t  be manager after it.

3 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

He should be able to spend what he wants when he wants 

it’s his money and shouldn’t be penalized if he spends it 

But what about the chairmen who buy a football club, spend gazillions, put the club in debt and then don't or can't or wont' pay the money back or the players wages or the bills and then the club is threatened with going out of existence?

And on the flip side, is it fair that certain clubs can start the season with a super squad paid for by a mulitmillionaire owner and buy their way out of the league? How is that any better than parachute payments?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

But what about the chairmen who buy a football club, spend gazillions, put the club in debt and then don't or can't or wont' pay the money back or the players wages or the bills and then the club is threatened with going out of existence?

And on the flip side, is it fair that certain clubs can start the season with a super squad paid for by a mulitmillionaire owner and buy their way out of the league? How is that any better than parachute payments?

I dont think anyone would have an issue with FFP (or P&S) if it were set up in a way that actually made directors run clubs responsibly and gave everyone a relatively even playing field.

As it stands, it is just there to keep the "Big" EPL clubs  as the biggest clubs and leave everyone else to fight for the big bags of cash they throw out. 

Even in that it is not a level playing field, its designed so that those who already got the big bags once, can get to skip the queue for the next big bag.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

He should be able to spend what he wants when he wants 

it’s his money and shouldn’t be penalized if he spends it 

In L1 he can do that. All he needs to do is donate money to the club rather than loan it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1