Chairman press conference - a few important comments from Chansiri

4 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Just knowing that we actually have one would help us long-suffering Owls sleep easier, though.

"So best I don't tell you how much it is then..."

:Chansiri:

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Has there been any confirmation from the EFL hat the transfer restrictions have been lifted?

i have not seen anything

Liar.

There have been numerous articles explaining we aren't in one and its been discussed on here.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-is-the-transfer-embargo-lifted-what-owls-fans-can-expect-from-this-transfer-window-3692383

12 minutes ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

Perhaps FFP should be based on a percentage of a club's turnover? as no 2 clubs are the same and losing a million would be a disaster for some clubs but of little consequence to others.

I believe it is in League 1 in the sense that player wages are limited to a percentage of turnover.

• Like 1

Can’t go over budget if there’s no budget to go over

image.jpeg.c733e94393a7247484a344272fb00959.jpeg

Seriously though, I do feel that DC appears to have started to learn his lesson, which can only be a good thing. Still a very long way to go until his ownership can be considered an overall success, but last summer to now feels like we’re slowly moving in the right direction. DC being DC though, that could all change tomorrow!

3 hours ago, sheffsteel said:

But aren't those statements the reasons the EFL applied a points deduction.

Surely every club should agree a budget regards what is affordable and stick to it.

His heart is in the right place but it seems he hasn't learnt the previous errors of his ways.

I suppose it might be a mis communication and he means he has a budget but tries to be flexible around it, being ambitious (when needed) but always keeping one eye on the Profit and Sustainability rules.

Give over...no need to have a dig. He is learning from previous mistakes. What he means is that if we need to spend at the appropriate time to get us over the line then he would.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He doesn't have to tell anyone (other than the recruitment team) what the budget is.

Just knowing that we actually have one would help us long-suffering Owls sleep easier, though.

:duntmatter:

I wouldn’t worry too much about budgets,  we’ll flash the cash this summer !! #uto 

32 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Give over...no need to have a dig. He is learning from previous mistakes. What he means is that if we need to spend at the appropriate time to get us over the line then he would.

What evidence do you have he's learned from previous mistakes ? 

2 minutes ago, Luke said:

The only thing he didn't do last season to the season before is sack a manager and get us relegated 

But what he DID do was back his manager, stay out of the limelight, not cause any issues, not get us embargoed etc

Come on - give people credit when they do good

Criticise when they do bad

• Like 4

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

But what he DID do was back his manager, stay out of the limelight, not cause any issues, not get us embargoed etc

Come on - give people credit when they do good

Criticise when they do bad

Back the manager with loans and free transfers 

We couldn't spend on a transfer fee 

Because of the owners decisions 

He also still hasn't paid back refunds 

You maybe ok with that 

Doesn't sit right with me 

I refuse to praise DC 

Till every penny is paid back to fans that is owed and he gets us out of this mess he has created 

A few championship freebies is nothing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, darklord said:

I like that they had the foresight to make two transfer plans, depending on promotion. 

A sign we are getting better organised.

Surely this is a given set by any professional football club ?

Even Chansiri must have learnt something after 7 bloody years.

I read his comments as there is a budget, but if for unforeseen circumstances we have to splash the cash then we will.

If we lost a key player in pre-season to a serious injury then the funds would be there to replace him.

Personally I am feeling really good about going into the nest season.

• Like 2