Chairman press conference - a few important comments from Chansiri

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"I always say there is no set budget"

I mean, you can see why the EFL sanctions happened, can't you?

🙄

Could also read we don't have any budget !! either way DC would never say what he or associates are going to spend. 

Be really happy if he was to say sell someone like Windass for couple of million then use to acquire several better players on same budget. It would prove he is taking the right approach at last. We need to sell players when the timing and offers are right, its the best way forward for the club to move, Brentford being a good example.

57 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You really don't reckon we should have a set budget?

After what we've been through under Chansiri's tenure so far, I'd say having a set budget and making damn sure we stick to it from now on would be top of my list of non-negotiables.

I wouldn't know to be honest with you. I don't really get tied up with the rules and regs around FFP. I did think I read on here I think that the rules aren't the same in league one as they are for the championship, could be wrong though. He's learned some lessons I think that at least is evident and i'm sure he'll not be wanting to tie himself in knots again so, i'll be leaving him to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kelfin Platz said:

I wouldn't know to be honest with you. I don't really get tied up with the rules and regs around FFP. I did think I read on here I think that the rules aren't the same in league one as they are for the championship, could be wrong though. He's learned some lessons I think that at least is evident and i'm sure he'll not be wanting to tie himself in knots again so, i'll be leaving him to it.

Any organisation that employs people should have a budget so it can make sure it can meet its obligations.

A football club docked points for overspending should certainly have one.

Perhaps not having a plan and no fixed budget means something different to Mr C than it sounds to us.

• Like 1

Guest I Love Coffee

On the whole it was a good season from the chairman.

If he wanted to go further, we would love to see infrastructure improvements. You could argue improving the training facilites might reduce injuries, or the time out through them. Did I dream it, or have we got more land now? The pitch had its issues and they looked to be resolved come the final few games. Look at Fleetwood who had the same issues, their pitch was like playing on the moon compared to ours.

Be interesting to see what level of renovation our pitch gets over the summer.

I'd also love to see him unlock the full capacity of the stadium again - is that in the art of the possible.

Most vital is our push to become self sustainable - interested to see how this progresses.

30 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

Any organisation that employs people should have a budget so it can make sure it can meet its obligations.

Perhaps not having a plan and no fixed budget means something different to Mr C than it sounds to us.

Churches not paying tax.  

Numerous embargo’s and a points deduction later.

So Mr Chansiri, if you could say you’ve learned one thing over the last few years what would it be’?

‘Every coach asks me about budgets but I always say there is no set budget

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

God moves in a mysterious way. His wonders to perform: He plants His footsteps in the sea, And rides upon the storm. Things will be fine Rev, lets have a little faith. We have suffered enough and I have faith our suffering will be coming to an end soon. It'll be reight Rev, you'll see.

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

"I always say there is no set budget"

I mean, you can see why the EFL sanctions happened, can't you?

🙄

If you go  blabbing off about budgets, you’ll end up paying the price.  Literally !!!

#uto 

1 minute ago, Kelfin Platz said:

God moves in a mysterious way. His wonders to perform: He plants His footsteps in the sea, And rides upon the storm. Things will be fine Rev, lets have a little faith. We have suffered enough and I have faith our suffering will be coming to an end soon. It'll be reight Rev, you'll see.

Ahh Bless you my son for your innocent faith.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, MallorcaOwl said:

All Chairmen or CEO's of EFL clubs should submit a budget to the EFL, and lose points at the end of the season if they go over it by  5%. Everyone would then know where they stand financially

It does seem wrong that clubs with average attendances of 20k and the money and budget that goes with it because of ffp can only lose the same as clubs with half that attendance and budget. 

Fair enough. 

I just hope we allow Moore to have the main say on recruitment. From the outside, that appeared to be largely the case last season, though the moment we sign anyone foreign you everyone deciding that it must be a Paxaio signing. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Owl said:

If you go  blabbing off about budgets, you’ll end up paying the price.  Literally !!!

#uto 

He doesn't have to tell anyone (other than the recruitment team) what the budget is.

Just knowing that we actually have one would help us long-suffering Owls sleep easier, though.

:duntmatter: