Chairman press conference - a few important comments from Chansiri

Just now, @owlstalk said:

By that logic nobody can complain about parachute payments anymore

People defending Moore all season have said having the biggest budget dosnt guarantee success...so why do we pay players 27k 18k etc...I would like to see us operating under the same budget as roam Shrewsbury etc..we need to cut our cloth and stop making bang average players millionaires

3 minutes ago, The coach said:

People defending Moore all season have said having the biggest budget dosnt guarantee success...so why do we pay players 27k 18k etc...I would like to see us operating under the same budget as roam Shrewsbury etc..we need to cut our cloth and stop making bang average players millionaires

So by your logic nobody can complain about parachute payments - am I right?

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, The coach said:

We have 2 awful keepers we are stuck with cus nobody else can afford them...am I right?

No come on mate - I asked first

Let's just clarify something

You're suggesting that (through applying your own logic) Parachute Payments can't be complained about simply because a good manager should be able to leapfrog clubs that have had parachute payments, and get promoted, leaving the clubs with parachute payments to miss out on going up

Basically finances don't matter because you can just get a manager in who can manage clubs without the finance to promotion

Have I got that right?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, The coach said:

We have 2 awful keepers we are stuck with cus nobody else can afford them...am I right?

I mean, come on, Dawson is not awful. Not perfect, but awful! That is just so unhelpful. I want him to be a success, it sort of feels like you don't actually want him to succeed, just so you can say you were right.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No come on mate - I asked first

Let's just clarify something

You're suggesting that (through applying your own logic) Parachute Payments can't be complained about simply because a good manager should be able to leapfrog clubs that have had them and get promoted, leaving the clubs with parachute payments to miss out on going up

Basically finances dont' matter because you can just get a manager in who can manage clubs without the finance to promotion

Have I got that right?

I’ve said all season the club with the biggest budget( us) should get promotion..we didn’t...99% of the time in the championship..they do..cus of parachute payments..they have the biggest budget..and luckily for us the blunts wer the exception...cus of the manager..don’t know what you are gettin at here...my stance all season has been..we have the biggest budget,.we should have gone up...we didn’t...and that’s down to the manager...imo

6 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I mean, come on, Dawson is not awful. Not perfect, but awful! That is just so unhelpful. I want him to be a success, it sort of feels like you don't actually want him to succeed, just so you can say you were right.

Give over...if his number 1 we are in trouble...the one thing dm nailed in about 2 days is the need for a new keeper

I’ve said all season the club with the biggest budget( us) should get promotion..we didn’t...99% of the time in the championship..they do..cus of parachute payments..they have the biggest budget..and luckily for us the blunts wer the exception...cus of the manager..don’t know what you are gettin at here...my stance all season has been..we have the biggest budget,.we should have gone up...we didn’t...and that’s down to the manager...imo

Chelsea and Man Utd have bigger wage bills than Liverpool.

Is Tuchel a terrible manager?

• Like 1

Give over...if his number 1 we are in trouble...the one thing dm nailed in about 2 days is the need for a new keeper

I agree with some of that, Dawson needed something to boost his confidence. I am happy to admit that Dawson needed  a new challenge, but he is not awful. Why do we need to constantly see players in black or white. It is not unrealistic to hope he has returned a better plater.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

Chelsea and Man Utd have bigger wage bills than Liverpool.

Is Tuchel a terrible manager?

In your opinion...why did Wigan Rotherham Wycombe and Sunderland do better than us?  If it’s not their managers it must be their players..who are on a fraction of the money that our players are on..so who’s fault is it we are payin bigger wages to inferior players??

Think how dc s translation comes across can lead to people leaning one way or the other? He probably means if there a target within our reach and he thinks it’s worth it he’ll sanction it? Although let’s hope it’s the manager who actually wants the player not the chairman to make us happy, or someone else sticking there beak in! Yes we should have a budget and stick to it so we don’t end up with the circus that has been our club for the past few yrs!!! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The coach said:

In your opinion...why did Wigan Rotherham Wycombe and Sunderland do better than us?  If it’s not their managers it must be their players..who are on a fraction of the money that our players are on..so who’s fault is it we are payin bigger wages to inferior players??

I note you didn't answer my question.

I would say that Wycombe didn't do better than us. 

Honestly, I can imagine that there would have been players reluctant to sign for us after the fact that we were not paying wages the season before. Therefore we had to offer more, we couldn't pay transfer fees, so clearly the wages would have been the main deal breakers.

If you are relying on players that have been let go by other clubs, then there will always be a risk.

If folks could give me other players that would have been snapped up on a free then I am happy to have been corrected. 

I honestly don't see what Moore could have done -apart from some bizarre playing it out from the back at the start of season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

I note you didn't answer my question.

I would say that Wycombe didn't do better than us. 

Honestly, I can imagine that there would have been players reluctant to sign for us after the fact that we were not paying wages the season before. Therefore we had to offer more, we couldn't pay transfer fees, so clearly the wages would have been the main deal breakers.

If you are relying on players that have been let go by other clubs, then there will always be a risk.

If folks could give me other players that would have been snapped up on a free then I am happy to have been corrected. 

I honestly don't see what Moore could have done -apart from some bizarre playing it out from the back at the start of season.

So if chansiri slashes the budget to Wycombe and Rotherham levels..how do you think we will do?

1 minute ago, The coach said:

I was telling everybody Sunderland wer the ones to fear when they got Neil in..and I was right...they will 100% go up..he’s been there done it...Dm hasn’t

By your logic the only managers worth employing are the ones who have previous promotion experience.

So who do we get in?  Also, is Tuchel a bad manager with his massive wage bill?

5 minutes ago, BridportOwl said:

By your logic the only managers worth employing are the ones who have previous promotion experience.

So who do we get in?  Also, is Tuchel a bad manager with his massive wage bill?

Do you think we will get promoted next season? Did you think we would get promoted this season? For me it’s no and no...what’s your answers? No deflection..just yes or no’s

We saw (and heard) probably less of Chansiri last season than we have since he's being here and that (not meaning this disrespectfully) is a good thing, a chairman should provide the dough to let people with the experience do their jobs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The coach said:

Do you think we will get promoted next season? Did you think we would get promoted this season? For me it’s no and no...what’s your answers? No deflection..just yes or no’s

If anybody else would like to answer these 2 questions..feel free 👍