Mcburnie

13 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Doesn't matter, I obviously don't know what i'm talking about, so it's the easiest £50 quid you'll make all week,  surely? 

I’ve never said you don’t know what you’re talking about?? You either want a sensible conversation or just an argument.

I’ve given you my thoughts, I’d like to know yours. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12617466/oli-mcburnie-man-arrested-as-part-of-a-police-probe-into-incident-involving-sheffield-united-striker

been nicked and Ive seen the article from the fan which seems to push the alleged narrative of the act. One thing as a PE teacher at 36, come try to an equal you coward Oli, for me as a fan of SWFC and even of Sheff U his record has been against the indefensible despite no court appearance. Sheff U should use this a a reason to remove him to move forwards for me both for society and I dare say Sheff U as a club to remove this apparent alleged character. I will keep reserved what I would do in the same situation if ever faced, would hope not 👌🏻

25 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I’ve never said you don’t know what you’re talking about?? You either want a sensible conversation or just an argument.

I’ve given you my thoughts, I’d like to know yours. 

Fair enough fella. 

My thoughts are, the police have seen the video. and released him on bail pending further enquiries.

This would tell me, as I suspected, the video isn't enough for the CPS to charge him with common assault or an affray.

Why do you think that is? if you can make it all out so clearly? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Fair enough fella. 

My thoughts are, the police have seen the video. and released him on bail pending further enquiries.

This would tell me, as I suspected, the video isn't enough for the CPS to charge him with common assault or an affray.

Why do you think that is? if you can make it all out so clearly? 

Yes I agree he isn't going be charged based on the 10 second video which gives around 3 seconds of unclear footage, hence the bail conditions. However, here are my thoughts....

The police will have to see it through to the end simply because of what as been happening with these pitch invasions and the resulting issues etc... and they will have to be seen to be taking these things very seriously (on both sides of the argument) or they will keep happening if punishments are not handed out. I honestly think the lad in question will want to push on with his allegations of assault (you only have to read the newspapers to see this is evident) and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that there will be clearer evidence available over the course of the next couple of days. This will either be in the form of CCTV or fans phones.

As per my initial post there is suspicion that Mcburnie's action were carried out with intent, hence his initial arrest. All the police need is 10 seconds of clearer footage and there is a high chance he will be charged with some sort form of assault. If and yes it is an if, footage is brought to light then Mcburnie's "self defence" case will be dismissed immediately!! As previously stated self defence does not cover anyone for kicking, punching or stamping on anyone who is grounded and defenceless. 

One thing that doesn't stand Mcburnie in good stead either, is the fact that less than a year ago he was cautioned and fined in relation to aggressive/threatening behaviour. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Yes I agree he isn't going be charged based on the 10 second video which gives around 3 seconds of unclear footage, hence the bail conditions. However, here are my thoughts....

The police will have to see it through to the end simply because of what as been happening with these pitch invasions and the resulting issues etc... and they will have to be seen to be taking these things very seriously (on both sides of the argument) or they will keep happening if punishments are not handed out. I honestly think the lad in question will want to push on with his allegations of assault (you only have to read the newspapers to see this is evident) and there is no doubt in anyone's mind that there will be clearer evidence available over the course of the next couple of days. This will either be in the form of CCTV or fans phones.

As per my initial post there is suspicion that Mcburnie's action were carried out with intent, hence his initial arrest. All the police need is 10 seconds of clearer footage and there is a high chance he will be charged with some sort form of assault. If and yes it is an if, footage is brought to light then Mcburnie's "self defence" case will be dismissed immediately!! As previously stated self defence does not cover anyone for kicking, punching or stamping on anyone who is grounded and defenceless. 

One thing that doesn't stand Mcburnie in good stead either, is the fact that less than a year ago he was cautioned and fined in relation to aggressive/threatening behaviour. 

Totally off topic, sort of.

Do you remember Steven Gerrard getting caught punching a guy in a bar 2 or 3 times? maybe 10 years or so ago?  Charged with affray and found not guilty at trial. The CCTV was clear as day. 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Did he clearly see his team mate drag said person to the floor?

Did he move towards said person after been dragged to the floor?

Was he standing on his injured leg?

Did he use his opposite leg to created a downwards stamping motion towards a person laid on the floor?

The answer to all of the above is yes...this clearly shows intent!!

If Mcburnie had pushed/dragged the lad to the floor in self defence I would agree there are mitigating circumstances and you would argue self defence. The facts above do not provide mitigation as Mcburnie as got involved in an incident that he wasn't necessarily involved with when it started.

It's all about using reasonable force and id argue that stamping on someone's chest not once but twice is not reasonable force. Once maybe but twice no

1 hour ago, PTLiam said:

Do you remember Steven Gerrard getting caught punching a guy in a bar 2 or 3 times? maybe 10 years or so ago?  Charged with affray and found not guilty at trial. The CCTV was clear as day. 

But most people like Gerrard. 🤣

2 hours ago, PTLiam said:

If you are rich enough your lawyers will get you off any charge.

It would have been on some technicality I'd imagine.

Guest I Love Coffee

Interesting that the article says McBurnie has messaged him and called him a liar - seems like a desperate action of a guilty man, trying to scare the victim. More charges now available to the police if this is evidence. Hole gets deeper.

9 hours ago, Skyline said:

We have this thread, on McBurnie with most wanting them to lock him away and throw away the keys.

Then the thread on Viera "Good on him!" etc.

Funny. 

You’ve quoted my wording of the ‘Good on him’ post from the Vieira thread… but I have (somewhat) defended McBurnie in this thread too. 

I appreciate the irony of the two threads though, which I noticed myself  (I just don’t want the suggestion that it’s me that’s being contradictory mate) 

1 hour ago, Kopparberg said:

You’ve quoted my wording of the ‘Good on him’ post from the Vieira thread… but I have (somewhat) defended McBurnie in this thread too. 

I appreciate the irony of the two threads though, which I noticed myself  (I just don’t want the suggestion that it’s me that’s being contradictory mate) 

Sorry mate, I wasn't quoting anyone direct.

I hadn't seen who posted "Good on him" or looked back here to see who wanted McBurnie locking up.

I just found it funny that one thread was criticising such behaviour and the other was dead against. 

I guess I just picked one comment out of a bunch 😄 was in no way thinking you was contradicting yourself. 

• Thanks 1