MK fan reaction

@BetterCallSaul

What has the general reaction been after finishing third and losing to Wycombe.

Is there a sense you bottled it and should have made the final?

Do fans think playoffs were a failure and you should have got autos. Did silly equalisers cost you or anything like that?

Whats the expectations for next season and is the manager popular?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

We scored the same amount of goals as them this season.

I wouldn't say 78 goals suggests a 'massively defensive manager'. Only three teams scored more goals than us.

🤷‍♂️

Ha, you can prove anything with facts!😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

A decent manager who doesn’t tinker would have got us up. Moore isn’t the man!

Most managers 'tinker' or rotate their squad.

Especially when they have injury issues as bad as we did this season.

30 players featured for us in the league this season. That's not out of the ordinary - in fact, only eight managers used fewer players than us this season.

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

We should score more than them. Bannan and Paterson’s wage is probably the equivalent of all their squad. Moore massively underachieved!

Or the massively OVER achieved,

What has wages got to do with it any way?., just shows us up.

23 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Given I see a lot of both MKD and wednesday I will try to answer.

MKD- performed way ahead of expectations after Martin left for Swansea at the start of the season. They were a genuine pleasure to watch, and could not have done much more.  They absolutely battered Wycombe at home and just couldn’t get the second goal.  The issue with MKD is that they will now lose the very talented manager to qpr, lose their best two players twine and darling ( I think twine will be a good championship player, darling I can see playing top level football) , so the sense is that next season could be very different and nowhere near as strong.  However, the club is run well and the DOF knows his onions but it will be a real restart . 

us - I have much more optimism for next season. We will keep the manager , and we are out of the transfer ban. That means we can find and bring in good younger players and not rely on older , more injury prone players.  With a half decent summer of trading and no nonsense from the chairman , we have every chance next season. 

Totally agree with your points about MK - Parrot will no doubt go back to Spurs and probably go on loan to a champ club. Twine will go for a large fee and end up top championship or Premier League. I find it unlikely they'll replace that quality. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

So only three of the managers in the league and only nine managers out of 52 EFL managers are decent, because that is the number of managers will get promotion? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

We should score more than them. Bannan and Paterson’s wage is probably the equivalent of all their squad. Moore massively underachieved!

51 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

What are your opinions on Partygate? 

43 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I don't think he was tinkering we had players that kept picking up injuries forcing changes to team, especially the back 3, on very few occasions we played same back 3 in consecutive games. 

Also remember that earlier in season we had a lot of new players that needed to settle into Moore's system he wanted to play, unfortunately some of these picked up long term injuries and a few weren't up to it. Likes of Brown being poorest of new recruits. 

Number of points and goals accumulated suggest to me and many other supporters that Moore is the man and deserves another bash at it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

I love the Moore critics

About half say he is inflexible and stubborn

The other half say he over tinkers 

I think this is quite evident that they just dislike the bloke. I appreciate that you are not all the same person and so will have suffering opinions, so I don't really wish to put you all in the same 'box', but one would assume that valid critiques would be consistent. The fact they're not suggest there's a degree of irrationality to it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I love the Moore critics

I think this is quite evident that they just dislike the bloke. I appreciate that you are not all the same person and so will have suffering opinions, so I don't really wish to put you all in the same 'box', but one would assume that valid critiques would be consistent. The fact they're not suggest there's a degree of irrationality to it.

Over tinkers with team selection but inflexible with tactics perhaps? 

I get your point though. Like the guy behind me on Monday who was calling the ref all sorts for only adding 3 minutes on in the first half......but then having a go at him after they scored for playing too much added time in the second. 

9 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

I love the Moore critics

It's more that he was inflexible with his tactics and his favoured players, he tinkered with the rest of the squad to try and make it work when it was the tactics and core players that were the issue.

Hence winning more during times when he couldn't pick his favoured side.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's more that he was inflexible with his tactics and his favoured players, he tinkered with the rest of the squad to try and make it work when it was the tactics and core players that were the issue.

Hence winning more during times when he couldn't pick his favoured side.

Your last sentence is pure speculation.  You have no way whatsoever of knowing the manager’s alleged favour side.  This alone makes your input intellectually bankrupt.

• Like 4