MK fan reaction

On 12/05/2022 at 09:43, Quickly Kevin said:

@BetterCallSaul

What has the general reaction been after finishing third and losing to Wycombe.

Is there a sense you bottled it and should have made the final?

Do fans think playoffs were a failure and you should have got autos. Did silly equalisers cost you or anything like that?

Whats the expectations for next season and is the manager popular?

disappointment, not that we lost, but that our team is going to be completely torn apart now. With the squad being so young with so much talent, they are all going to leave. We also don’t have the pull to make them stay, I think that’s the difference between us and you for example. Players will more likely stay with you and give it another go, we are likely to lose out manager, Twine, Darling, all the loanees, Kasumu. We will have a completely new team next season. 

we bottled that first leg incredibly hard, but after our performance in the second leg I don’t think people mind as much, as we put up a proper fight and went out playing our way. The general assumption is if Eisa didn’t get injured or we kept Watters we would have won the league. Losing to Doncaster 2 times didn’t help… 

the manager is incredibly popular and well liked, but it appears he will be off which is a crying shame. This is easily the best squad we’ve ever had and we have nothing to show for it, which is the worst thing, and next year I predict we’ll finish anywhere between 9th-16th

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, BetterCallSaul said:

disappointment, not that we lost, but that our team is going to be completely torn apart now. With the squad being so young with so much talent, they are all going to leave. We also don’t have the pull to make them stay, I think that’s the difference between us and you for example. Players will more likely stay with you and give it another go, we are likely to lose out manager, Twine, Darling, all the loanees, Kasumu. We will have a completely new team next season. 

we bottled that first leg incredibly hard, but after our performance in the second leg I don’t think people mind as much, as we put up a proper fight and went out playing our way. The general assumption is if Eisa didn’t get injured or we kept Watters we would have won the league. Losing to Doncaster 2 times didn’t help… 

the manager is incredibly popular and well liked, but it appears he will be off which is a crying shame. This is easily the best squad we’ve ever had and we have nothing to show for it, which is the worst thing, and next year I predict we’ll finish anywhere between 9th-16th

Thanks @BetterCallSaul

From a selfish point of view thats good for us if you don't think you will challenge next year.

If your management goes any idea who you will get in?

3 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

Thanks @BetterCallSaul

From a selfish point of view thats good for us if you don't think you will challenge next year.

If your management goes any idea who you will get in?

yeah this was our opportunity, we can’t replace who we will lose. No rumours yet, but our sporting director is very good so that gives faith, there is a very good feeling around the club after some turbulent years, it feels like MK Dons again. 

51 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

yeah this was our opportunity, we can’t replace who we will lose. No rumours yet, but our sporting director is very good so that gives faith, there is a very good feeling around the club after some turbulent years, it feels like MK Dons again. 

Excuse me. You’re supposed to come into this thread & slag Moore off, not respond to the OP ffs! 😂

On 12/05/2022 at 10:14, Owlabroad2001 said:

A decent manager who had a side ravaged by injuries, whilst trying to put his strongest 11 out, that were more or less a completely new team, trying to make them play a new system that would make us, in the main, better to watch and score more goals. That's Darren Moore.

There you go mate. 

I would add to this, I imagine your fans are more put out on being knocked out of the play-offs than ours due to the size of the clubs and expectations. You have a long and rich history, and get massive crowds. We’ve been around 20 years and get crowds half the size of

yours. You probably feel Wednesday are in decline, having been relegated, whereas we feel we are on an upward trajectory. Hone crowds are increasing, we are taking more to away games, our atmosphere is getting better (I know haha soulless bowl who did you support before 2004) and the passion for MK Dons is definitely on the rise. 

we are a club that is currently very connected, we are all moving as one and there is a really good feel around the place, which makes not getting promotion easier. I don’t think you lot are on the same boat, you finished just below us in the league but I think our fans enjoyed it a lot more this season than yours did. Wednesday fans seem a little against eachother and there is a clear split between people who like the manager and want him out. We don’t have that, we all love all the players and the manager, something we haven’t done for about 5 years.

after the start to the season we had, with the snake Martin leaving, nobody would have thought we would have finished one point off automatics, especially with a completely unknown manager we had plucked from the Belgian second division. We’ve done exceptionally well this season, as you lot have too, even if you don’t see it that way. Promotion is hard, but we both got to the play-offs and that’s a hell of an achievement, even if we couldn’t meet at Wembley. 

we’ll both go again next season, maybe with new managers, maybe with completely different squads. Expectations will be high, but that’s what it’s all about

• Like 2

On 12/05/2022 at 17:05, Owlabroad2001 said:

Totally different situation. They are a young attacking team with a small budget who got a red card in the first leg. We are an aged team with a huge budget with basically one big chance at it this season and we blew it because of a massively defensive manager!

Stupid answer