MK fan reaction

Great thread.

title - MK fan reaction.

Owlstalk - let’s use this thread about Milton Keynes dons to once more talk about Darren moore.

Would be a good test- what obscure topics can be twisted into a moore out thread?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Your last sentence is pure speculation.  You have no way whatsoever of knowing the manager’s alleged favour side.  This alone makes your input intellectually bankrupt.

DM saying himself in interviews that "the team picks itself due to injuries" is a pretty good indication of his favoured side being unavailable.

Just now, Tewkesbury said:

DM saying himself in interviews that "the team picks itself due to injuries" is a pretty good indication of his favoured side being unavailable.

Yet again, supposition.  Pray tell us mere mortals, what was his favoured side?

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Most managers 'tinker' or rotate their squad.

Especially when they have injury issues as bad as we did this season.

30 players featured for us in the league this season. That's not out of the ordinary - in fact, only eight managers used fewer players than us this season.

Really?......I'm surprised other teams have over 30 players to chose from.

Just now, Sham67 said:

Yet again, supposition.  Pray tell us mere mortals, what was his favoured side?

You do realise this entire site is supposition? However him saying he couldn't pick who he wanted and the fact he changed the side as soon as players were back is about as good an indication as you're going to get.

Probably the one he played when everyone was fit, not the one he was playing in February, or they'd still be playing.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Given I see a lot of both MKD and wednesday I will try to answer.

MKD- performed way ahead of expectations after Martin left for Swansea at the start of the season. They were a genuine pleasure to watch, and could not have done much more.  They absolutely battered Wycombe at home and just couldn’t get the second goal.  The issue with MKD is that they will now lose the very talented manager to qpr, lose their best two players twine and darling ( I think twine will be a good championship player, darling I can see playing top level football) , so the sense is that next season could be very different and nowhere near as strong.  However, the club is run well and the DOF knows his onions but it will be a real restart . 

us - I have much more optimism for next season. We will keep the manager , and we are out of the transfer ban. That means we can find and bring in good younger players and not rely on older , more injury prone players.  With a half decent summer of trading and no nonsense from the chairman , we have every chance next season. 

Paxo will be in heaven.

1 hour ago, Owlabroad2001 said:

Totally different situation. They are a young attacking team with a small budget who got a red card in the first leg. We are an aged team with a huge budget with basically one big chance at it this season and we blew it because of a massively defensive manager!

A defensive manager 

who scored 78 goals this season finished 4th with best home record in the country 

with out arguably his best striker ( windass ) for nearly all the season 

losing his other striker and leading scorer ( Gregory ) for about quarter of the season 

having his replacement striker ( john jules ) ruled out for the season after about 15 minutes 

if Moore was defensive I can’t wait for him to take the shackles off 

FML some people 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Great thread.

title - MK fan reaction.

Owlstalk - let’s use this thread about Milton Keynes dons to once more talk about Darren moore.

Would be a good test- what obscure topics can be twisted into a moore out thread?

Pretty much any thread over the next few months. Im hoping @BetterCallSaul can come and save the thread and get it back on course.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

Really?......I'm surprised other teams have over 30 players to chose from.

Yeah. 

Crewe used the most, with 38, Shrewsbury the fewest with 21.

For comparison, the playoff teams used:

Franchise FC: 30

Wednesday: 30

Sunderland: 33

Wycombe: 24

As I say, we're not unusual in that regard - only eight teams used fewer players than us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tewkesbury said:

It's more that he was inflexible with his tactics and his favoured players, he tinkered with the rest of the squad to try and make it work when it was the tactics and core players that were the issue.

Hence winning more during times when he couldn't pick his favoured side.

Who were his favoured players that probably didn't warrant a start? I never really got the impression there were undeserving starters on any sort of consistent basis, but maybe I'm just blinkered?

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Great thread.

title - MK fan reaction.

Lets try who played the best James Bond....  i'd give it 3 comments and we'll be on to how poo DM is...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HopefulOwl said:

Lets try who played the best James Bond....  i'd give it 3 comments and we'll be on to how poo DM is...

It has to be said that Darren was rubbish at playing James Bond though.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

I love the Moore critics

About half say he is inflexible and stubborn

The other half say he over tinkers 

I think this is quite evident that they just dislike the bloke. I appreciate that you are not all the same person and so will have suffering opinions, so I don't really wish to put you all in the same 'box', but one would assume that valid critiques would be consistent. The fact they're not suggest there's a degree of irrationality to it.

As an attempt at a rational critique, that is absolutely all over the place fella!