Statements

1 minute ago, Steelman said:

Because of that I fail to understand  why you state complete gonads by saying I’m mocking a speech impediment…. Unless you’re trying to make it about something else. If so, you, and people like you, make me sick.  

I have a very similar disfluency/stammer myself, which I've struggled to control my whole life. I don't think much of the kind of person who mocks it. That kind of person makes me sick.

But go on, try and make it out that I'm accusing you of something else.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I'd be happy to never hear from anyone from the club again 

Had enough embarrassing moments talking about autos is the aim,to then top 6 is the aim and we will go unbeaten 

Then losing the next game 

Anything anyone says from the club is just media rubbish 

Get the young hungry players In,get the players who are high earners and past it  out 

And start winning football games and get us out of this awful league 

Do the talking on the pitch 

4 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Did we state that ?

genuine question?

who said it, if so ? 

Several of the first team did yes. I'll look later for the articles

Admitted my brain didn't quite remember the "try" part but here's the chairmans clearly stating the aim is promotion. What I want to know is what is going to be different next year as we failed in his stated aim. 

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/may/dejphon-chansiri-club-statement/

5 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Admitted my brain didn't quite remember the "try" part but here's the chairmans clearly stating the aim is promotion. What I want to know is what is going to be different next year as we failed in his stated aim. 

The difference will be that we will be promoted 🏆

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Had enough embarrassing moments talking about autos is the aim,to then top 6 is the aim and we will go unbeaten 

Get the young hungry players In,get the players who are high earners and past it  out 

Agree, talk is cheap and doesn't seem to reflect what we see on the pitch..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Do you think any chairman of any league club wouldn't try for promotion?

It's pure lip service.

Can you imagine the flapping and sqwaking the fannies on here would have had if he'd have come out and said

"Actually we're going to take this season off,have a bit of an easy one, bit of mid table consolidation and we'll see again next pre-season, don't forget your season tickets, cheers bai"

Football fans always demand statements it's weird

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

May 2021I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

I can only marvel at your creativity to turn that into: anything less [than] automatic is failure in mid-September

But it's admirable, I'll give you that.

Edited by StudentOwl
  • Like 3

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 minutes ago, TheGaffer said:

Thanks.

I guess only time will tell what we will do differently next season. 
To be honest, it doesn’t matter that much to me what anyone associated with the clubs says about our targets. Talk is cheap and they would never say “this seasons aim is to finish between 8th and 12th”.  Even if that was where our budgets were set.
it wouldn’t sell many season tickets if they set our expectations for mid table mediocrity. 

I do believe we will be going for automatic promotion this year but It will be the actions, mainly through recruitment, that will show us where our ambition lie. Hopefully, we will recruit well again and get most of it sorted out early.

We then just have to hope everyone beds in quickly and we get off to a flyer and start picking up plenty of points in the opening fixtures. 

10 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

May 2021I can pledge that as chairman, I will give everything I can and offer as much support as possible to everyone as we try and achieve promotion at the first attempt. There are issues we must address in the short and long term and some things will not happen overnight.

I can only marvel at your creativity to turn that into: anything less [than] automatic is failure in mid-September

But it's admirable, I'll give you that.

Sorry student, wasn't intended. Was purely my brain conflating the players statements with that of Mr C following a long and ultimately failed season. It still stands though that we evidently need to do something different. 

9 hours ago, fpowl said:

The absence and lack of communication from the chairman this year as been poor 

he’s a lot to do to bring the fan base back together and a bit of communication wouldn’t go a miss, when was last time we heard from him? Relegation from last year taking responsibility?

No preseason message

welcome back to Hillsborough 

merry Christmas 

happy new year 

end of season comments, next year plans 

there’s plenty of opportunities where he can say something and encourage / engage with fans

I know he’s been cautious over covid this year and been absent from being visible in corporate even the few weeks when he’s been around 

but now would be a great opportunity in coming out and highlighting his support to back Moore, strengthen the squad and lift spirits going into preseason because at the moment the disappointment as just left the place a bit too doom and gloom

and surely the club would have anticipated this could happen and have some contingency plan to communicate and lift everyone

maybe it starts next week or after the playoff final 

I have in the past blasted the club for a lack communication and connection with the fan base .. I got to say it has improved dramatically over this season . So well done.

However I really don’t want to hear or see the chairman because In his absence there has barely been any issues, bonkers statements or disruptive behaviour from him. 
He needs to remain invisible 

3 hours ago, Luke said:

Didn’t Jos get lumbered with having to make do with the ‘young, hungry’ players.

How did that go?

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

Didn’t Jos get lumbered with having to make do with the ‘young, hungry’ players.

How did that go?

He was called every name under the sun because he dropped fans favourites in Hutchinson and westwood 

How did that go when they came back 

We got relegated with both 'legends' 

Ones just been released from QPR because he was passed it and playing the injury card again 

Ones still here and cost us the playoffs 

• Haha 1

We're past statements I think with the way the club is at the moment.

They can only say so much, would rather just see them get on with preparing for next season.

It's not like a statement would make anyone feel any better about it anyway really would it? If people want to wallow, they will. Moore, Chansiri or someone from Wednesdayite saying chin up won't change that.

12 hours ago, Luke said:

He was called every name under the sun because he dropped fans favourites in Hutchinson and westwood 

How did that go when they came back 

We got relegated with both 'legends' 

Ones just been released from QPR because he was passed it and playing the injury card again 

Ones still here and cost us the playoffs 

Yep.

Absolutely beyond argument then. It’s official.

Westwood & Hutchinson single handed lay got us relegated last year.

Well that;s cleared that up.