Statements

18 minutes ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

If there’s not a statement from Wednesdayite by 5pm tonight I think we should start kicking off. 

That reminds me that Neil hasn't made an official statement from Owlstalk yet, or has he?

2 hours ago, fpowl said:

The absence and lack of communication from the chairman this year as been poor 

he’s a lot to do to bring the fan base back together and a bit of communication wouldn’t go a miss, when was last time we heard from him? Relegation from last year taking responsibility?

No preseason message

welcome back to Hillsborough 

merry Christmas 

happy new year 

end of season comments, next year plans 

there’s plenty of opportunities where he can say something and encourage / engage with fans

I know he’s been cautious over covid this year and been absent from being visible in corporate even the few weeks when he’s been around 

but now would be a great opportunity in coming out and highlighting his support to back Moore, strengthen the squad and lift spirits going into preseason because at the moment the disappointment as just left the place a bit too doom and gloom

and surely the club would have anticipated this could happen and have some contingency plan to communicate and lift everyone

maybe it starts next week or after the playoff final 

I've heard he's got a 2 year plan....Stay calm and carry on....

UTO

4 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Have we had any statement from the chairman, supporters trust, Wednesdayite, the manager yet regarding the failure to achieve promotion this year? 

I know Moore did his post match interview so maybe not required. 

Will we be expecting anything? I do and I think today would be the day. 

What do you want...a statement that says... unfortunately due to our inability to stop conceding soft goals and certain  individuals switching off at critical moments, we can confirm that we will be plating in League 1 next season.

I'm sure you will join me in congratulating the managment and playing staff for their hard work.

Anything less than automatic is failure. 

However we don't need a statement from the chairman (or at least, from this chairman) to say that. I don't want to hear from this chairman ever again unless it's to confirm the sale of the club. 

Just get the business done. Get the shirts out on time, get the season tickets on sale, get the release list sorted and get some new players in. Keeping its head low and just getting on with it is the best thing the club can do at the minute. 

Guest DoesJackHunt
4 hours ago, TheGaffer said:

Did the other 69 state mid September that anything less automatic is failure? 

Did we state that ?

genuine question?

who said it, if so ? 

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

After a tough season, the Chairman has taken his family on a well earned summer holiday.

A statement will be released in August.

Get you season tickets purchased and enjoy your football.

Nice to see you back posting again now that promotion hasn't been achieved.

Must have been a nervous time for you, as you only ever post when we aren't performing well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, TheGaffer said:

Several of the first team did yes. I'll look later for the articles

ah right, fair enough. Not from the chairman though, that's what i thought you were saying. 

Yeah, I saw plenty of the players say that , I'm sure that is true, no need to article hunt on my behalf, but thanks 🙂 

2 hours ago, markowl said:

Nice to see you back posting again now that promotion hasn't been achieved.

Must have been a nervous time for you, as you only ever post when we aren't performing well.

Do you ever post without slagging fans off

As for statement, ok it was mid-September but bannan said the target was autos last season 

4 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

Okay, well, technically it's disfluency rather than an actual impediment, but I'm sure you knew that.

By the way, "enlighten me" is a statement and shouldn't have a question mark at the end.

I did know that. Much in the same same way SG had one with “as such”. No one had a problem with that being used to take the Mickey, especially on here.

Carlos also had numerous quirks in his English that we used to highlight. Probables, opposites, full henergy, and so on.

Because of that I fail to understand  why you state complete gonads by saying I’m mocking a speech impediment…. Unless you’re trying to make it about something else. If so, you, and people like you, make me sick.  

7 minutes ago, MBMitchell said:

Do you ever post without slagging fans off

As for statement, ok it was mid-September but bannan said the target was autos last season 

Yeah loads.

Quite ironic that you complain about me slagging a poster off by err slagging me off.

Thanks for your valued input though.

• Like 1