Statements

Apart from the already said retained list and who's going there's not much to say apart from maybe that season tickets are back on sale. 

Next season starts early, July 30th so work on squad for next season does need to start straight away. We don't want to be leaving things till towards end of transfer window like we usually do. 

• Like 1

All I want to see is the released list and signings over the summer that will significantly improve us. 

With us being allowed to make signings that command a fee, the target has to be automatic promotion.

• Like 1

The absence and lack of communication from the chairman this year as been poor 

he’s a lot to do to bring the fan base back together and a bit of communication wouldn’t go a miss, when was last time we heard from him? Relegation from last year taking responsibility?

No preseason message

welcome back to Hillsborough 

merry Christmas 

happy new year 

end of season comments, next year plans 

there’s plenty of opportunities where he can say something and encourage / engage with fans

I know he’s been cautious over covid this year and been absent from being visible in corporate even the few weeks when he’s been around 

but now would be a great opportunity in coming out and highlighting his support to back Moore, strengthen the squad and lift spirits going into preseason because at the moment the disappointment as just left the place a bit too doom and gloom

and surely the club would have anticipated this could happen and have some contingency plan to communicate and lift everyone

maybe it starts next week or after the playoff final 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Owls77 said:

All I want to see is the released list and signings over the summer that will significantly improve us. 

With us being allowed to make signings that command a fee, the target has to be automatic promotion.

I agree.

I think after a full season in charge we’ve seen what Moore is trying to do & the second half of the season was undeniably better than the first.

If Moore can continue to improve the squad there’s no reason we shouldn’t look forward to next season.

I would love to see Wednesday win a league, even League One!!

1 hour ago, bladeshater said:

Statements are cheap and mean nothing

This. I just want the release and retain list and then wanna start seeing new signings through the door as soon as possible. If we can get the core of the squad together before the start of July and get new players settled and upto speed that would be far better than any statement.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, fpowl said:

he’s a lot to do to bring the fan base back together and a bit of communication wouldn’t go a miss, when was last time we heard from him? Relegation from last year taking responsibility?

No preseason message

merry Christmas 

happy new year 

there’s plenty of opportunities where he can say something and encourage / engage with fans

I know he’s been cautious over covid this year and been absent from being visible in corporate even the few weeks when he’s been around 

but now would be a great opportunity in coming out and highlighting his support to back Moore, strengthen the squad and lift spirits going into preseason because at the moment the disappointment as just left the place a bit too doom and gloom

and surely the club would have anticipated this could happen and have some contingency plan to communicate and lift everyone

To be fair, given Chansiri's previous antics and late night statements, best to keep his mouth shut. 

I think this new way of running the club benefits us, Moore and the CEO providing communication and is to the club's benefit, not detriment.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

No preseason message

merry Christmas 

happy new year 

When chairman speaks it gets ridiculed and abused so why bother

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Steelman said:

Not interested in anything Chumpsiri has to say. Same goes for errr Moore errr as well. 

With your use of intelligent puns and ridiculing of a speech impediment, I'm sure the feeling would be mutual.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

The only statement we need is the release list and the retained list, then the next time we hear from DC is when we are signing players.

we need to hear less from DC and see more actions in moving the club forward.

maybe some development on improving the playing surface, bringing the stadium up to standard, investment in the youth set up, new training pitches etc.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steelman said:

What speech impediment? Enlighten me?

15 minutes ago, Steelman said:

...for errr Moore errr...

Okay, well, technically it's disfluency rather than an actual impediment, but I'm sure you knew that.

By the way, "enlighten me" is a statement and shouldn't have a question mark at the end.

Edited by punkskaphil
  • Like 2