Fanbase culture change needed

4 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Can we please put the phone torches to bed now? Was amazing against Brighton, embarrassing against Huddersfield and even worse last night at 1-1 in the tie.

Agreed. Against Brighton is was spontaneous and helped to create a memorable atmosphere. Every time since it's felt laboured and corny.

• Like 6

The only culture that needs to change is winning more and winning when it counts. 

The fans have been through some absolute poo over the years and are due some success. 

Pointing the finger at ourselves won’t make us successful. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Guest DoesJackHunt

1. without the band ,Hillsborough would be mostly silent.

2. Phone torches are a Wednesday tradition in playoff semi finals at Hillsborough. embrace it.

3. It's so important to always remember that they're all f***ing W****ers at the lane !

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ almighty

I think some of our fans won't be happy until every other person in the ground is assimilated into wearing skeggy market knock-off stone island and burberry jackets and scarves, adidas sambas, them coats with the cute little goggles built into the hood, is only ever listening to Oasis songs, and who stands up the whole game looking and pointing at the West Stand

FFS

It’s not about that. 

it’s about getting the p*ss ripped out of us every big game because we embarrass ourselves, Huddersfield, Blades 2017, and now last night. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It’s not about that. 

it’s about getting the p*ss ripped out of us every big game because we embarrass ourselves, Huddersfield, Blades 2017, and now last night. 

OH MY GOD

THIS SOUNDS HORRIFIC!!!!

Who's ripped the p*ss out of you mate?

Do you need to talk about it?
I can recommend some trauma counsellors if you need to have someone to talk to so it doesn't take over your life

Honestly I can see now why you're so distressed

This is genuinely terrifying

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Owlstalk Shop

14 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

A few fans of other clubs have pointed out some things I actually agree with. 

Let’s start with the band- they need to go, does any other club in this country have one? Sounds absolutely  dreadful when nobody’s joining in. 

Can we please put the phone torches to bed now? Was amazing against Brighton, embarrassing against Huddersfield and even worse last night at 1-1 in the tie. 

Songs- pretty much all of our songs are about or involve them from across the city, do we not have anyone creative enough to make more about us or are we just too comfortable with the same boring songs year in year out? 

Band, can take them or leave them, but kids tend to like them so personally I'm happy for them to stay

Phone lights - agree, should only ever be done when we're cruising to a big win

Songs - think you're talking rubbish - loudest songs last night were on our way, silverlining and the Gregory song, none reference the pigs. Maybe the bounce song is 'about' them but that was only done once and half hearted. Other than that I heard no anti pig songs all night.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

Let’s start with the band- they need to go, does any other club in this country have one? Sounds absolutely  dreadful when nobody’s joining in. 

Songs- pretty much all of our songs are about or involve them from across the city, do we not have anyone creative enough to make more about us or are we just too comfortable with the same boring songs year in year out? 

If this is your only worry then you are doing well my friend.

Guest Musttryharder
22 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

To be honest I was more concerned with culture of the players. They sent me home with the feeling when we got relegated. That is hurting for worse than this time last year. How many more missed opportunities are there going to be. Hull, Huddersfield and now sodding Sunderland. 

3 minutes ago, nickswfc said:

Band, can take them or leave them, but kids tend to like them so personally I'm happy for them to stay

Phone lights - agree, should only ever be done when we're cruising to a big win

Songs - think you're talking rubbish - loudest songs last night were on our way, silverlining and the Gregory song, none reference the pigs. Maybe the bounce song is 'about' them but that was only done once and half hearted. Other than that I heard no anti pig songs all night.

I heard Hark Now Hear, the Wednesday sing, but if they stop that I'm done!

Huddersfield, Blades, last night...

Spot a trend here? We lost the game. 

If we won, no one would care if we were all singing bloody grease lightning. 

We got the p*ss ripped out of us because the result opened us up to it. Nobody was knocking the bouncing when we beat Arsenal at home were they? 

7 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It’s not about that. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Our fans love a laugh at other clubs that can’t muster any sort of decent attendance. 

We get a decent attendance and passionate fans…. And somehow it’s again our fault. 

Win the match on the pitch last night and 60,000 go to Wembley… we’d lose and it’d be the fans fault I bet. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

Our fans love a laugh at other clubs that can’t muster any sort of decent attendance. 

We get a decent attendance and passionate fans…. And somehow it’s again our fault. 

Win the match on the pitch last night and 60,000 go to Wembley… we’d lose and it’d be the fans fault I bet. 

60k?????

The fanbase is the only aspect of the club that is truly Premiership level, this after two decades of largely being in the football wilderness.

As for the phone torches, I thought it looked great and it only happens on big occasions at night so what's the beef?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It’s not about that. 

Pathetic.

• Love 1