Fanbase culture change needed

Opinions will always be polarised amongst Wednesday Fans and understandably so but I just feel the time is right to just give a manager time to build the club from top to bottom as we’ll never spend the kind of money that will see us progress faster. We need to invest whatever we can in the Academy and general infrastructure including better scouting and recruitment though Moore has made a decent fist of that this season.

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Huddersfield, Blades, last night...

Spot a trend here? We lost the game. 

If we won, no one would care if we were all singing bloody grease lightning. 

We got the p*ss ripped out of us because the result opened us up to it. Nobody was knocking the bouncing when we beat Arsenal at home were they? 

We need to get this routine nailed down before next years play off semi final . I'll be Danny Zuko and the North stand pointers can be my backing guys.

H1TBu8.gif

7 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Can we ditch Amarillo? 

I’ve honestly no idea why this is played minutes before kick off, we have no connection with that song at all. 

And Sweet fûçking Caroline. 

Absolutely sick to death of it.

• Thanks 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
Just now, Steelman said:

And Sweet fûçking Caroline. 

Absolutely sick to death of it.

Where it began, I can't begin to knowing
But then I know it's growing strong
Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Who'd have believed you'd come along

Hands, touching hands
Reaching out, touching me, touching you

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Christ almighty

I think some of our fans won't be happy until every other person in the ground is assimilated into wearing skeggy market knock-off stone island and burberry jackets and scarves, adidas sambas, them coats with the cute little goggles built into the hood, is only ever listening to Oasis songs, and who stands up the whole game looking and pointing at the West Stand

FFS

Let people do what they want - that way more people might be inclined to turn up more often 

Let them be them

You be YOU 

And stop giving into peer pressure or listening to what anyone else is saying people should and shouldn't do at a football match to enjoy their time at it

Stone island/Burberry, nope

Fred Perry, Rab, Levi for me

adidas sambas, yep

Standing at games, yep preferably 

Oasis, err nope

Pink Floyd, Joy Division/New Order for me

coats wi goggles?? wtf are they?

8 hours ago, Musttryharder said:

To be honest I was more concerned with culture of the players. They sent me home with the feeling when we got relegated. That is hurting for worse than this time last year. How many more missed opportunities are there going to be. Hull, Huddersfield and now sodding Sunderland. 

Cos we fold,we used to RIP utd cos they always folded,its us now,last night was Huddersfield part 2 cheers DM clueless

Whilst I don’t agree entirely with the op some people clearly don’t understand the football forums at all . Posts like ‘if that’s all you want to worry about in life ‘ or ‘first world problems ‘

this is a football forum to talk about Sheffield  Wednesday, nothing to do with anything else . 

Really don’t understand the point in some people posting that kind of stuff what does it add or achieve other than belittling/ making everything sound pointless . Just adds a complete sense of apathy . 

• Love 1

8 minutes ago, Five Archers said:

Stone island/Burberry, nope

Fred Perry, Rab, Levi for me

adidas sambas, yep

Standing at games, yep preferably 

Oasis, err nope

Pink Floyd, Joy Division/New Order for me

coats wi goggles?? wtf are they?

People who attend can wear whatever,

It's all about being there,

Not like alot on here 

10 hours ago, OohhJohnnyJohnny said:

It’s not about that. 

it’s about getting the p*ss ripped out of us every big game because we embarrass ourselves, Huddersfield, Blades 2017, and now last night. 

Who gives a flying fizz what other people think, they can take the ******** all the want, if I and my fellow Wednesdayites enjoy our selves at a match, be it a scrub tier one or a big season defining game then I could not care less what other people think.

• Like 1
  • Love 1