Half Full / Half Empty

Friday’s game certainly polarised the positive and negative thinkers on Owlstalk. 
I noticed that many of those being negative are focused on how we played (which will be different on Monday).

How we played is not as important as the result. The result may well have been much worse.. but here’s the thing. It’s only 1-0! Yep 1-0! 
We will play better at home because we are better at home. Regardless of the performance on Monday all that matters is winning.…..and I know for a fact that once we beat Sunderland there will still be some people complaining on here even though Wembley beckons.

Needless to say my glass is always half full.. believe! 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Hope we aren’t knackered - no rest time, big game nerves etc 

I just feel like we will get sucker punched and the game could fizzle out

We’ve got to attack - Darren has to be brave, no fear - go at them

We have possibly the fittest side in the league and have got use to a game every Sat/Tues

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

Friday’s game certainly polarised the positive and negative thinkers on Owlstalk. 

It did… and I don’t think it’s always intentional or can be helped depending on the person… but it sure is tedious trying to suggest some positives and reasons to be thankful when it will just not be heard. 

I think a lot of it is anxiety. 

• Like 1

For me being 1-0 down is a fantastic result. Especially how things were looking just after half time, could easily have been 3-0 down and almost game over. 

The last 20 minutes Sunland were knackered which gives us hope for Monday. I think we will win, but it might go down to ET and even pens.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kopparberg said:

It did… and I don’t think it’s always intentional or can be helped depending on the person… but it sure is tedious trying to suggest some positives and reasons to be thankful when it will just not be heard. 

I think a lot of it is anxiety. 

I’m inclined to agree, that there is a lot of pent up (not necessarily Wednesday related ) anxiety in some peoples posts 

As I said on another thread, I think had it been 0-0 they’ll use the same game plan - park the bus and hit us on the break. Difference is we know ours  - to score - whilst they have to rehearse a couple of different scenarios. 

2 minutes ago, Mister Soul said:

I’m inclined to agree, that there is a lot of pent up (not necessarily Wednesday related ) anxiety in some peoples posts 

I get very anxious too.

It’s mostly out of our (the fans) hands… so it causes worry. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

I think yesterday will have took more out of Sunderland than us

• Like 2

Half full 

like most in this league. Sunderland are a bunch of well organised cloggers 

Problem is that when sides come to spoil we tend to fall into the trap and get bogged down in tight games 

43 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

For me being 1-0 down is a fantastic result. Especially how things were looking just after half time, could easily have been 3-0 down and almost game over. 

The last 20 minutes Sunland were knackered which gives us hope for Monday. I think we will win, but it might go down to ET and even pens.

BPF loves a penalty 

I’d be extremely confident if it came to that 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Sunderland well be just as knackered as us.

Plus we have Hunt and Mendez-Laing as fresh as daisies, which could be massive. And Windass, though still working his way back from injury, has barely kicked a ball in anger for months.

Hope springs eternal.

• Love 1

It’s still very much in our hands. We are more than capable of reversing that scoreline and some at home. 

The real test for Moore now is can he be brave enough to approach the next leg as we have most home games this season. If we go out without showing what we’re capable of it’ll be difficult to forgive.

• Like 1

We’ve been poor one game only to bounce back the next loads of times this season. We weren’t good last night but only conceded one goal (and even that was the one we gifted them). If we play well Monday we will win. If we don’t we will be out. I’d be surprised if we are rubbish in front of a packed Hillsborough when we’ve been good at home all season. I’m looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

Imagine this.

It's half time and we're 1-0 down, in the interval 40,000 mackems leave and are replaced by 34,000 owls fans. The stadium magically transforms into Hillsborough and we get an extra 45 minutes to play.

I'd fancy that, wouldn't you?

• Like 1
  • Love 1