It’s a bit pathetic we’re worrying about Wycombe, purely because they cheat…

That is nuts 

the fact we’re hoping for a far better team in the final, so we have a fair game and are allowed to play football 

they’re by far the team I least want to go up

and shame on the referees, I’d have yellow carded them into oblivion which is what they should have had done to them all season

there have to be consequences for cheating at professional sport ffs 

none of this admiring theyre ability to see a game out 

awful discipline in this league for stupid things like that

Hope we do the same though if it gets us out this league 

They are the team I least wanted to be in the playoffs. Would have rather seen Argyle in the mix, far more deserving. 

There is game management, then there is outright cheating. Wycombe have built a reputation on the latter, which is just embarrassing. 

I hope they get a thrashing over their two legs and we don't have to put ourselves through watching their brand of football.

• Like 3

Just now, jonnyowl said:

My only worry about playing Wycombe is what DM does against them.

Imagine Dunkley and Pato starting at Wembley!

Dunkley in defence on Vokes and/or Akinfenwa

I wouldn't complain. Dunkley did a brilliant job on him in the most recent game

• Like 3

Just now, katie melua said:

I would.

Our entire style changes with Dunkley in back three, no where near as good playing it out from the back and controlling the game.

Play your best side and impose our style on them, we got sucked into there game against them and we were awful.

Dunkley is not in our best 11

• Like 2

Just now, katie melua said:

i agree he did . dunkley has his uses against those type of players , but against a fast vibrant attack he is highly suspect 

I don’t think anyone is afraid of their skill 

I think if we lose to mk or Sunderland because they outplay us or create better chances… or even hammer us, we’ll accept it as the beautiful game.

if we lose out because Wycombe get a cheeky or scrappy goal, then roll around the carpet for 70 minutes, it’s going to feel a lot worse and more frustrating.

my point is - how crap are the EFL at dealing with such a dumb situation OR are we just too nice? 

discuss

• Like 2

There are pros and cons of all teams at this stage. For whatever reason I can’t remember us going to Plymouth and playing well so I’d take anywhere but there in the semis. 

Wycombe away we struggled to do our thing but at home we were by far the better side. Whereas Sunderland has been two evenly matched teams who got the better of each other and I couldn’t predict it. 

I think Wycombe would be different at Wembley than they would on their own patch. Would rather play them there than MK and Scott Twine. But they tend to get nervous too…so as I say it depends how we look at it.

I think we have the hardest semi final match up 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

imagine all teams would rather face Wycombe in a final than over 2 legs. Away from home it’s a nightmare v them. 

Wembley isn’t exactly the easiest place to get away with that stuff and it’s a big pitch. 

The size of the pitch would suit us very very well.

When we get there I don't fear anyone.

• Like 1

Regardless of how we get on against Sunderland I hope Wycombe don’t get through because I don’t want them to go up. I understand a bit of shîthousery is part of the game now but to base your entire club ethos around it? Fûck Wycombe. Let them stay in L1. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Let’s try and get past Sunderland first 

I think everyone understands that there’s as much chance we don’t get there as we do

But it hurts not for us to discuss the potential of what ifs

If we were the players or management then fair enough, but they’re the ones that won’t be/need not be thinking past Sunderland