It’s a bit pathetic we’re worrying about Wycombe, purely because they cheat…

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Just do what I do and batter these people away with facts and knowledge and superior intellect

But, and keep this to yourself… not a lot of people know this, but I don’t actually know that much about football 

apart from the Irvine/megson era in which I can name every result scorer and boardroom issue like rain man 

2 hours ago, Fablon Dunlop said:

They are the team I least wanted to be in the playoffs. Would have rather seen Argyle in the mix, far more deserving. 

There is game management, then there is outright cheating. Wycombe have built a reputation on the latter, which is just embarrassing. 

I hope they get a thrashing over their two legs and we don't have to put ourselves through watching their brand of football.

Agreed. Plymouth would have made a decent final, too. They would would have brought a fair few fans to Wembley, far more than Wycombe or MK Dons.

• Like 4

Can we get past Sunderland first? That’s going to be one hell of a task in itself, that some seem to be getting way ahead of themselves. Yes we’re capable of getting to the final but by overlooking a team like Sunderland could really come back to bite us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Can we get past Sunderland first? That’s going to be one hell of a task in itself, that some seem to be getting way ahead of themselves. Yes we’re capable of getting to the final but by overlooking a team like Sunderland could really come back to bite us. 

They’re good but not as good as us. They’ll be feeling the pressure more as they’ve been down in League 1 longer. Also I think the momentum is with us as it was always going to be. This team/squad was always going to get better and stronger as the season went on. Something only the OT experts couldn’t see.

• Haha 1

God 

pocking the most respectable opponents out of bloody franchise fc… a team I openly laughed at the idea of attending in the home end and cheering when when we scored… expecting the fans to just clap me on like the saps they are…. A team who just time waste because they’re that tin pot they could never win by playing well… and probably the last place I would ever want to visit in England… Sunderland 

what a sad state of affairs 

none of the three of them are acceptable to go out to 

my biggest fear is Sunderland have been here so long they’re due a fluke up 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Taz said:

That is nuts 

the fact we’re hoping for a far better team in the final, so we have a fair game and are allowed to play football 

they’re by far the team I least want to go up

and shame on the referees, I’d have yellow carded them into oblivion which is what they should have had done to them all season

there have to be consequences for cheating at professional sport ffs 

none of this admiring theyre ability to see a game out 

awful discipline in this league for stupid things like that

Hope we do the same though if it gets us out this league 

I would want Wycombe ball day long in final.

They won't like the wide open spaces

They won't like having a top class ref (which EFL always use for playoff finals)

2 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Hope you are right.

But mk Dons have best them 3 times already so doubt it

MK are coming off just missing out on promotion and Wycombe will take a lead

there and sh!thouse their way through.

Idk about mk having a hangover from nearly going up 

it didn’t happen on the last day and knowing they were done they still steam rolled a team

mk will batter wycombe in at least one of the legs 

• Haha 1

Unless Twine gets injured I expect MK to walk the Wycombe tie.

Our mindset has to be that you've got to beat good teams at this stage ... it's 3 games against your peers ..bring your A game and hope for decent ref's and a bit of luck.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

imagine all teams would rather face Wycombe in a final than over 2 legs. Away from home it’s a nightmare v them. 

Wembley isn’t exactly the easiest place to get away with that stuff and it’s a big pitch. 

Well they managed it at Wembley last time 2 years ago when they won the play offs. 

On the big Wembley pitch with a decent ref live on TV Wycombe will not be the threat they are at their small cramped poo hole stadium.  We can beat anybody in our current form with the following we would take to the final.

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Yellow cards used to be given for unsportsmanlike conduct when teams employed Wycombe’s tactics but that’s gone by the wayside now along with awarding free kicks when shirts are pulled. 

Load of woke bo11ox 

• Haha 2

Referees allow the time wasting tactics more in L1 because they are generally less fit.

They like a team who slows the game down for them. Last thing some 48 year old chugger wants is end to end fast football.

• Like 1

Lets not hope we are 'allowed' to do anything.....Let WW do what they do best,and we should concentrate on what WE do best.....and not worry about them or any other team....

If anything its when we try too hard to allow for what others do,that we come unstuck....

• Like 2
  • Love 1