Players for next season.

Last Summer’s recruitment has been hailed as the most successful since the Summer of 2015. Both recruitments were a mix of Loans and Frees (2015 had some relatively modest fees as well).

We’ve as a result had relatively successful seasons so I don’t see DC veering away from this path again.

I think we’ll be in for Dean. I also think we’ll take a chance on Gibson. I don’t believe he’d still be here if we weren’t interested in him long term.

We’ll need a defensive midfielder to replace Luongo and I expect us to be in the market for 2 strikers.

22 hours ago, owl84 said:

A 28 year old Cole Stockton with no experience playing above League One and had one decent season in his career, no thanks 

I'm sure people said the same about a certain Jamie Vardy.

quite shocked at how many people are so keen on us signing players who have missed so many games this season. Injury prone players have been our downfall for years. As good as these players are, such as Kieran Lee, Hooper, Joao, Fletcher, Forestieri, Hutch, then the lesser quality like Iorfa, Windass, Dunkley, Dean and Gibson. All undoubted quality and add to use when they are fit but tend to miss large chunks and end up playing patched up teams like we have a lot this season. Dean has managed to play 90 minutes for us just 4 times, out of a possible 19 here's been here for. And going off injured in the first half twice. I know he's been good when he's played, but is it not a risk? Same with Gibson, he's been with us all season and managed 90 minutes just once, and a couple of first halves. That's quite staggering really, i'd rather us go for players who consistently churn out 40+ games a season, instead of blowing wages on centre backs who have played 90 minutes 5 times between them all season.

• Thanks 1

So who i'd like us to go for myself. Ryan Tafazolli, centre back for Wycombe. Lewis Florini, skin head centre mid for Lincoln who bossed the game against us away. Maybe Ronan Curtis at Pompey, Ricardo Santos Bolton. Maybe these would be able to make the step up if we got promoted, oh and Bazunu in the portsmouth net

15 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

I'm sure people said the same about a certain Jamie Vardy.

Very different. Jamie Vardy was extraordinary. Doing extraordinary things. Which is why he jumped from the conference to the championship.

Stockton has had a GREAT season, all things considered, but it’s nothing extraordinary. 

For a start. By the time Vardy was Stockton’s age he was playing PL football and in the midst of breaking records, playing for England and on course for a Premier League winners medal. 

Secondly. Vardy had a pedigree at every level he was playing at and it was really his attitude/behaviour that meant it took as long as it did to reach his potential. 

Stockton has had a seriously unremarkable career, only hitting double figures in the league twice including this season. He seems to have found rhythm at Morecambe but my worry would be that he’s very much a product of the team around him and has the perfect manager for him, which is why he’s thriving.

Of course he *could* carry on his form if he moves to another club that he fits snuggly into, I’ll never write off a player entirely cos I could be wrong,  but his record just screams otherwise.

Same really goes for Alfie May. They’re both the Vadaine Oliver of this season.

Just now, yeadonowl said:

If we go up then I’d be looking at players from teams who have been promoted from the championship this season 

Players like Hector, Ben Pearson, Sam Surridge could all be available on loan

Yes Ben Pearson yes please. 

I’d also take Hector back.

1 minute ago, yeadonowl said:

If we go up then I’d be looking at players from teams who have been promoted from the championship this season 

When we go up !!   #uto 

3 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Hector is a free agent this summer

11 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Very different. Jamie Vardy was extraordinary. Doing extraordinary things. Which is why he jumped from the conference to the championship.

Stockton has had a GREAT season, all things considered, but it’s nothing extraordinary. 

For a start. By the time Vardy was Stockton’s age he was playing PL football and in the midst of breaking records, playing for England and on course for a Premier League winners medal. 

Secondly. Vardy had a pedigree at every level he was playing at and it was really his attitude/behaviour that meant it took as long as it did to reach his potential. 

Stockton has had a seriously unremarkable career, only hitting double figures in the league twice including this season. He seems to have found rhythm at Morecambe but my worry would be that he’s very much a product of the team around him and has the perfect manager for him, which is why he’s thriving.

Of course he *could* carry on his form if he moves to another club that he fits snuggly into, I’ll never write off a player entirely cos I could be wrong,  but his record just screams otherwise.

Same really goes for Alfie May. They’re both the Vadaine Oliver of this season.

Bloody hell, I wasn't saying they're the same. Just at one time, Vardy was a gamble too! 

3 minutes ago, PTLiam said:

Bloody hell, I wasn't saying they're the same. Just at one time, Vardy was a gamble too! 

All signings are a level of a gamble or a risk.

I’d just rather be more calculated about who we go for rather than someone having what could very well just be an anomaly season.

Just now, FlyingOwl said:

All signings are a level of a gamble or a risk.

I’d just rather be more calculated about who we go for rather than someone having what could very well just be an anomaly season.

I wouldn't sign Stockton if we were to go up, you need better for the Championship.

League one though, i'd probably have him in a pool of 4 or 5 for the right money.

• Like 1