Players for next season.

1 minute ago, Simon1984 said:

Tim Dieng from Exeter ,Harley Dean , Jordan Storey ….

We won't get Storey. Signed a new 4 yr deal at Preston before he came. And to be honest i may be a tad harsh on him but i think we can get better out there.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, s29wfc said:

We won't get Storey. Signed a new 4 yr deal at Preston before he came. And to be honest i may be a tad harsh on him but i think we can get better out there.

I think he’s done good since he come in , who would you go for ??

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Simon1984 said:

I think he’s done good since he come in , who would you go for ??

Personally I believe a fully fit Iorfa is better than Storey. Storeys first half last night was worse, in my opinion, than Iorfas when Iorfa was brought off the last time he started. The difference was Storey wasnt coming back from 18 months being injured and very little football to fall back on. Whether Iorfa gets back to his previous levels is very debatable but I feel like in the Championship Storey would be decent but nothing more than a mid table type player.  Preston are near the bottom and don't feel like they need him. Long term Gibson might end up playing at a higher level and our bigger need is a left sided CH as Dean, Palmer, Hutch, Iorfa, Dunkley and Brennan are all more comfortable on the right.  I'd certainly take Dean over Storey purely because Dean seems to be a natural leader and seems to read the game very well in the middle of a 3

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

At least it’s not like last season where we needed a huge overhaul of the squad.

The majority of the squad should still be here next year depending on what happens with the out of contract players like Luongo, Hunt, Mendez Laing, Paterson and Berahino. Has Johnson got another year or is he out of contract in the summer?

We need to sign a quality striker or two whatever league we’re in. And also one or two goalkeepers depending on what happens with BPF and Dawson as Wildsmith will go 

Definitely a Keeper, if not I'd be happy to give Dawson another go.

I'd like Dean, but worry about his fitness.

Gregory dosn't have time on his side and the forward line bar him hasn't been consistent this season.

It all really depends on who we lose and what division we are in. I'm expecting lots of wheeling and dealing.

Edited by Maddogbob
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We’ve no chance of signing Twine. If he leaves MK he’ll be going for a few million

Its been a few seasons since we got purse out and now we can 🤔

Be our luck that he'd break his leg in the unveiling. 

3 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

We need to sign a quality striker or two whatever league we’re in. And also one or two goalkeepers depending on what happens with BPF and Dawson as Wildsmith will go 

This. Certainly need to replace TJJ and Kamberi. Shodipo has  also been a disappointment.

If we don't go up Luongo and Mendez-Laing might move on. There was reported interest from an Australian club in Luongo last year.

Storey will go back to PNE and Dean will certainly cost too much in wages for us if we stay in L1.

1 minute ago, mozzy85 said:

Its been a few seasons since we got purse out and now we can 🤔

Be our luck that he'd break his leg in the unveiling. 

Yes we don’t know how much DC is prepared to spend on fees this summer.

But Twine’s been linked with West Ham and Forest. He’d be a quality signing but realistically there’s no chance he’ll come to Wednesday with the number of clubs likely to be in for him.

And if MK go up he could stay there for another season. He’s definitely not going to be moving to another league 1 club

1 hour ago, Concrete Owl said:

Who do you think we should be looking to sign irrespective of which league we find ourselves in next season. 
I’ll start….. Daniel Udoh & Cole Stockton. 

A 28 year old Cole Stockton with no experience playing above League One and had one decent season in his career, no thanks 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Personally I believe a fully fit Iorfa is better than Storey. Storeys first half last night was worse, in my opinion, than Iorfas when Iorfa was brought off the last time he started. The difference was Storey wasnt coming back from 18 months being injured and very little football to fall back on. Whether Iorfa gets back to his previous levels is very debatable but I feel like in the Championship Storey would be decent but nothing more than a mid table type player.  Preston are near the bottom and don't feel like they need him. Long term Gibson might end up playing at a higher level and our bigger need is a left sided CH as Dean, Palmer, Hutch, Iorfa, Dunkley and Brennan are all more comfortable on the right.  I'd certainly take Dean over Storey purely because Dean seems to be a natural leader and seems to read the game very well in the middle of a 3

Storey is a must if we can get him, Iorfa is like Dunkley a disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1