George Hirst is a full weight…

Talk about sapping the fun out of football, you lot.

Football is built on rivalries. Passion. Reverting back to being a schoolkid.

We clap like seals, bounce on the spot, wear our favourite football teams colours, shout BOOOOOO at the referee, and put our arms in the air if someone kicks a ball between some posts (or a mature wheeeey when it clears the Kop).

It's an ex player, with even stronger links to our club, who left under strained circumstances that many feel was disrespectful to SWFC so of course there will be chanting? And of course there will be more interest in post-match threads such as these as opposed to some random third division player whom many have never heard of or seen.

Plenty on here hate Arsenal due to something almost thirty years ago. Derby from the 3-3 game. Palace for the pitch invasion.

It's football, we hold grudges, and it's brilliant.

(He's a wnaker btw)

Edited by Salli
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Salli said:

Talk about sapping the fun out of football, you lot.

Football is built on rivalries. Passion. Reverting back to being a schoolkid.

We clap like seals, bounce on the spot, wear our favourite football teams colours, shout BOOOOOO at the referee, and put our arms in the air if someone kicks a ball between some posts (or a mature wheeeey when it clears the Kop).

It's an ex player, with even stronger links to our club, who left under strained circumstances that many feel was disrespectful to SWFC so of course there will be chanting? And of course there will be more interest in post-match threads such as these as opposed to some random third division player whom many have never heard of or seen.

Plenty on here hate Arsenal due to something almost thirty years ago. Derby from the 3-3 game. Palace for the pitch invasion.

It's football, we hold grudges, and it's brilliant.

(He's a wnaker btw)

The difference for me with Hirst is that, the situation in my eyes was just as much Chansiri’s fault as the player and his dad. We could have let the lad leave for £2m to Leicester but froze him out and lost him for nowt.

Chansiri is still in charge of the club and should take a huge portion of the blame for what happened with Hirst. I just think fans are very misguided when they hurl abuse at the lad in this case.

Some will be gutted he didn't score.

They will have been ready to go, waiting to paste their pre written post but he didn't and we should all do what young Hirst has done.

Move on.

The pre written posts, ready to paste also happens every match. When we don't lose the vitriolic Moore posts have to wait. However as I said last night, they will be ready to pounce on Saturday.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Some will be gutted he didn't score.

They will have been ready to go, waiting to paste their pre written post but he didn't and we should all do what young Hirst has done.

Move on.

The pre written posts, ready to paste also happens every match. When we don't lose the vitriolic Moore posts have to wait. However as I said last night, they will be ready to pounce on Saturday.

100%

You could see many hoping he'd score to have some sort of weird thing to slate chansiri with. There's lots of other things to have a go at him as, he got this spot on.

Both Hirsts are twats. You don't poo on your favourite club. End of. 

20 hours ago, TheBoyBeevers said:

This- club got (rightly or wrongly) a battering for how they handled it and not finding a way of keeping him. Some of that criticism was undoubtably justified. 

However he’s case and point why it’s not just a case of throwing money at promising youngsters- they are more likely to fall away than not. He allowed his career to drift and looks like he’s paid the price to me. 

Surely the club has being proved right, he's not exactly set the footballing world alight.  

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

We're now in a whole different world of madness

This is just getting ridiculous now with the agenda ridden paranoid nonsense being spouted

You don't think so? There was plently of people hoping he'd score. Many even put bets on. I'd show you but cba.

You must agree there are 'better' things to slate Chansiri on though, nd that you don't screw over the club you claim to support, no?

21 hours ago, Morepork said:

All fair. The irony is that he and several others would have almost certainly served their careers better by staying at our car crash club given the way things have panned out. 

Certainly. Especially since Jos was happy to play the young lads regardless of performance or fan pressure.

I don't really wish the lad ill will but he hasn't really helped himself with some of his sly (not that sly) digs on social media.

• Like 2

I'm undecided bad blood aside, as he seemed to have good pace (at this level) and movement... In terms of the theatrics its obviously a tactic, as it was a constant theme from them all night... However his movements were a bit wooden and in terms of football (not his wallet) I think that he's most definitely set himself back by leaving us in the circumstances that he did, as he missed out on playing regular football and has since played for pretty mediocre clubs in equally bad leagues... Whereas if he'd have been confident in his own ability he'd have developed at Wednesday and been sold for big money if he'd made the grade... So maybe his Dad/ George also don't have the confidence in him making it and that's why they decided to cash in early on his career for security... Lets see what happens, as if anything does I think it'll be later in his career now... Whatever happens in the end he is just another example of Wednesday being consistently unable to develop players with any potential from the youth/reserves into the first team...