George Hirst is a full weight…

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

About all the chants at him last night he said this after the game:

“It’s always funny. I don’t mind it, it’s all part of the game these days.
“I don’t hear too much of it, I’m on the pitch concentrating on what I’m trying to do. It’s one of those things.”

I’d love getting it, unmatched banter 

9 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

@@owlstalk why are you letting another poster bully McRightside like this? You put me on post moderation for less. Think you need to sort it out pal before it gets out of hand. 👍

Sorry for posting it in public don't like PMs.

I imagine he’s let it go because anyone with a sense of emotional intelligence will be able to tell EXACTLY what the said poster was trying to do. 

He’s got form for it.

28 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

About all the chants at him last night he said this after the game:

“It’s always funny. I don’t mind it, it’s all part of the game these days.
“I don’t hear too much of it, I’m on the pitch concentrating on what I’m trying to do. It’s one of those things.”

Tbf it is and footballers have to learn to deal with it every match. Stick and banter is fine as long as it isn't racist or otherwise offensive of course.

However, I don't think he found it funny, because after a decent first half, he was shockingly bad in the 2nd and think it affected his game big style. But he'll have to learn that he will get abused every time he plays us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

The commentators last night said the opposite

Commentators largely lack any in-depth knowledge of the lower leagues or youth players. It's why when we play a game all they go on about is Barry Bannan. There's no knowledge or depth.

His return for Portsmouth thus far is the same as Saido Berahino's who we regard as a massive flop. 

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I imagine he’s let it go because anyone with a sense of emotional intelligence will be able to tell EXACTLY what the said poster was trying to do. 

He’s got form for it.

Didn’t realize I’d easily proved you were talking nonsense and goalpost shifting before, but thanks for the heads-up…maybe I’ll look for the thread one day 

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, swfcGibbo said:

Commentators largely lack any in-depth knowledge of the lower leagues or youth players. It's why when we play a game all they go on about is Barry Bannan. There's no knowledge or depth.

His return for Portsmouth thus far is the same as Saido Berahino's who we regard as a massive flop. 

Look at it this way.

Sky had Marvin Johnson playing LW last night. They clearly have no knowledge of our previous games cos if they did, they would have had him at CB.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Didn’t realize I’d easily proved you were talking nonsense and goalpost shifting before, but thanks for the heads-up…maybe I’ll look for the thread one day 

You didn’t. 

My point remains. If it was Joe Bloggs who had ‘dived’ twice last night, we wouldn’t have a thread calling him a full weight such and such with people frothing at the mouth in the opening comments.

You went on massive power trip trying to prove a point while completely missing the point in the first place. Of course when a player has been particularly annoying or dirty in a game there will be a discussion around it. However, I don’t think Hirst’s antics ‘last night’ merited that sort of discussion. It’s completely amplified and over the top because of who he is and how he left the club.

Like I said, not difficult to understand and you’re either deliberately missing the point or have got yourself completely confused in attempt to try and belittle someone on a forum. 

I see a comment he's made saying if they had come off the pitch last night and won 4 nil nobody would have complained.  What an arrogant  pratt. Big time Charlie playing in league 1. He could not lick his dad's boots. Uto

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You didn’t. 

My point remains. If it was Joe Bloggs who had ‘dived’ twice last night, we wouldn’t have a thread calling him a full weight such and such with people frothing at the mouth in the opening comments.

You went on massive power trip trying to prove a point while completely missing the point in the first place. Of course when a player has been particularly annoying or dirty in a game there will be a discussion around it. However, I don’t think Hirst’s antics ‘last night’ merited that sort of discussion. It’s completely amplified and over the top because of who he is and how he left the club.

Like I said, not difficult to understand and you’re either deliberately missing the point or have got yourself completely confused in attempt to try and belittle someone on a forum. 

To summarize

You now agree there will be threads started

17 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

You didn’t. 

He dived twice last night in order to win a penalty.

Of course an opposition player gets stick for that.

13 minutes ago, Quickly Kevin said:

He dived twice last night in order to win a penalty.

Of course an opposition player gets stick for that.

Don’t think they were blatant dives tbh. First one Palmer nicked the ball off him and momentum took him down. Went down a bit easily? Maybe. But you see it every week - if Crewe’s No9 did the same next week we wouldn’t be talking about it.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Don’t think they were blatant dives tbh. First one Palmer nicked the ball off him and momentum took him down. Went down a bit easily? Maybe. But you see it every week - if Crewe’s No9 did the same next week we wouldn’t be talking about it.

In my mind they were and others seem to agree. A thread slating the player for that is par for the course and not just because its Hirst.

The discussion will pass and it won't be a hot topic for months.

Guest Tactical Bacon

Watching that game last night and reading the comments on here, our chairman will be feeling rather vindicated and pleased that he made a great stand against player power and the club getting ripped off.

A real feather in his cap