Cash Flow

2 minutes ago, fpowl said:

But surely you understand that’s the case in nearly every single pre purchased product the earlier you book the cheaper it is 

look at the 3/4/5 year season tickets better offers for purchasing further in advance 

it goes without saying any season tickets will be better value to those who pay on the gate and to those who purchase there season tickets in what might be the last of 4/5 discounted slots 

he’s done a prize freeze for a team who still on for promotion it’s a great deal as i imagine February renews will still be a good deal for those wanting to purchase them then even if the price increases slightly 

it’s like moaning that done can’t afford season tickets because they can’t afford the outlay but they pay on the gate every week 

hotels do the same airlines do the same many other businesses have staggered early bird prices to secure bookings 

stop having a moan and just renew when it’s right for you 

I see your point mate, but look at it from a different one.

The club still hasn't refunded fans for last season, theres a looming prospect this could happen again, 

There are price rises all over the shop, folk paying swingeing prices for Gas,Electricity and Petrol, 

Yet Wednesday don't even give an option for finance.

Wednesday want the money during what is the most expensive period in your average fans year.

as for your comparison with hotels and airlines..not quite true is it?

We used to wait until the last minute to book both flights and hotels, it invariably worked out cheaper.

Its also a matter of trust and a matter of the way Wednesday fans have been treated during Chansiris tenure.

A lot of Wednesday fans are sick of it

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I see your point mate, but look at it from a different one.

The club still hasn't refunded fans for last season, theres a looming prospect this could happen again, 

There are price rises all over the shop, folk paying swingeing prices for Gas,Electricity and Petrol, 

Yet Wednesday don't even give an option for finance.

Wednesday want the money during what is the most expensive period in your average fans year.

as for your comparison with hotels and airlines..not quite true is it?

We used to wait until the last minute to book both flights and hotels, it invariably worked out cheaper.

Its also a matter of trust and a matter of the way Wednesday fans have been treated during Chansiris tenure.

A lot of Wednesday fans are sick of it

I take your point there the cheap last day deals are also something that happens when there’s a surplus of tickets they try and get the bums on seat something I think could be replicated in football stadiums I know the club used to offer free tickets or pound tickets to encourage schools to come when we was forecasting low attendances this has so many benefits in putting bums on seats abs reaching out to a younger generation anyway you still run the risk of not having availability left if you leave it late on 

my point is that the club have not said buy your season ticket now or you can’t have one all they have appeared to do is provide another option for some  fans there’s been no indication or force that fans have to act now 

all those that renew at their normal time dons January February sone later on including preseason will still be able to 

• Like 4

I would love to know how much money this early bird release generates. I’m sure there are some people who can easily afford to buy a season ticket at this time of year. But I’d guess those people can also buy at a higher price anyway later in the year. I personally cannot afford to buy a ticket now. So I won’t be. But I wonder how many people will? Won’t be many I would guess. 

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Your suggesting people won’t get an opportunity to renew their season ticket 

it’s not purchase them now or you can’t have one 

it’s barking the amount of people complaining about this 

I go away annually with my friends not everyone books on at the same time some wait until it’s financial right for them to hook if they can book on

there are a few fans that would welcome this approach for those who want to book later or after Christmas why is this an issue for them I just don’t understand that 

33 minutes ago, fpowl said:

But surely you understand that’s the case in nearly every single pre purchased product the earlier you book the cheaper it is 

look at the 3/4/5 year season tickets better offers for purchasing further in advance 

it goes without saying any season tickets will be better value to those who pay on the gate and to those who purchase there season tickets in what might be the last of 4/5 discounted slots 

he’s done a prize freeze for a team who still on for promotion it’s a great deal as i imagine February renews will still be a good deal for those wanting to purchase them then even if the price increases slightly 

it’s like moaning that done can’t afford season tickets because they can’t afford the outlay but they pay on the gate every week 

hotels do the same airlines do the same many other businesses have staggered early bird prices to secure bookings 

stop having a moan and just renew when it’s right for you 

With due respect, you've once again not understood what's been said.

ST's being on sale now isn't a problem. 

Offering them at a reduced price for a limited time isn't a problem.

Putting them on sale with just 10 days to take advantage of the best price, in December when folk have Christmas to pay for/already paid for, and restricting/removing finance options which exist at any other time of the year, is a problem. It's not even about affordability.. it's punishing people through timing and circumstance without options that exist to them at any other time. December might be the one month where people can't afford to jump in at these prices, when they might during any of the other 11 of the year. 

Not many high value items launch in December. Black Friday happens in November for a reason. It's a bad time to launch an expensive product with a 10 day sale window while not offering alternative options.

I don't even know what you're arguing against. What odds does it make to you if this offer is extended to cover the end of December pay day or if there's finance available? For whatever bizarre reason you've chosen to just b*tch and moan about your fellow fans instead. Strange behaviour. 

• Like 2

Just now, sheffield_dave said:

With due respect, you've once again not understood what's been said.

ST's being on sale now isn't a problem. 

Offering them at a reduced price for a limited time isn't a problem.

Putting them on sale with just 10 days to take advantage of the best price, in December when folk have Christmas to pay for/already paid for, and restricting/removing finance options which exist at any other time of the year, is a problem. It's not even about affordability.. it's punishing people through timing and circumstance without options that exist to them at any other time. December might be the one month where people can't afford to jump in at these prices, when they might during any of the other 11 of the year. 

Not many high value items launch in December. Black Friday happens in November for a reason. It's a bad time to launch an expensive product with a 10 day sale window while not offering alternative options.

I don't even know what you're arguing against. What odds does it make to you if this offer is extended to cover the end of December pay day or if there's finance available? For whatever bizarre reason you've chosen to just b*tch and moan about your fellow fans instead. Strange behaviour. 

Ok so what your saying is it’s offensive and that not many people will go for it

if that’s the case then all that’s happened is the clubs tried a scheme and it’s failed nobody has missed out and the uptake was poor 

why is there outrage about it 

I can completely understand that this will not be feasible for many I’m sure the club will too

I’d like to have thought that the club would have projected what kind of sales this will bring and see if it’s viable going forward or if they need to improve the offer / timing or not do it again 

I think the thing that always baffles me is how people moan about something just because it doesn’t suit them

there are many ways to go and watch Wednesday through season tickets purchased at different periods 

half season tickets 

bundle pacakages 

pay on the gate 

corporate packages 

do they still do the Saturday season ticket ?

ive seem they’ve launched a 10 year season ticket 

I follow 

the point being everyone that goes to watch Wednesday still can and the way they normally pay or when will still happen 

this has just opened the door for another option 

I know if this scheme would to run for years going forward at some point I’d consider buying one even if it’s for my son as his main Christmas present because he gets harder to buy from this year 

as it is I have no intention on buying one and I normally make that decision closer to the start of the season 

this year was 16 hours before we kicked off at Doncaster 

my point is I’m not offended by this offer abs I don’t know why people are if I want a season ticket next year I’ll still be able to get one when it suits me 

5 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Ok so what your saying is it’s offensive and that not many people will go for it

if that’s the case then all that’s happened is the clubs tried a scheme and it’s failed nobody has missed out and the uptake was poor 

why is there outrage about it 

I can completely understand that this will not be feasible for many I’m sure the club will too

I’d like to have thought that the club would have projected what kind of sales this will bring and see if it’s viable going forward or if they need to improve the offer / timing or not do it again 

I think the thing that always baffles me is how people moan about something just because it doesn’t suit them

there are many ways to go and watch Wednesday through season tickets purchased at different periods 

half season tickets 

bundle pacakages 

pay on the gate 

corporate packages 

do they still do the Saturday season ticket ?

ive seem they’ve launched a 10 year season ticket 

I follow 

the point being everyone that goes to watch Wednesday still can and the way they normally pay or when will still happen 

this has just opened the door for another option 

I know if this scheme would to run for years going forward at some point I’d consider buying one even if it’s for my son as his main Christmas present because he gets harder to buy from this year 

as it is I have no intention on buying one and I normally make that decision closer to the start of the season 

this year was 16 hours before we kicked off at Doncaster 

my point is I’m not offended by this offer abs I don’t know why people are if I want a season ticket next year I’ll still be able to get one when it suits me 

because its worrying

lets be honest, its never been done before and it comes after a season of selling the ground, losing 6 points and getting relegated and wages not been paid to players several times.

Now you tell me why this doesn't simply look like a desperate bid for ready cash rather than a "well thought out...lovely deal" for the supporters?

If the club are in financial difficulties...out with it.....I'll ante up..all I want is honesty...wadda we get?

The biggest and worst baked cake in the whole f.ookin' world an 150yr anniversary of an historic club that was nowt bar mockery, called f.ookin' customers and.... Almen Abdi

Never mind tho eh?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The alarm bells have to ring.

Look at what is going on at Derby.

Not saying we will end up like that, but who knows.

Once before, he's opted to not pay wages or couldn't afford to do so. There are legitimate doubts about how much cash he has to keep running us.

The club has a recent history of front loading season ticket income - 3 year tickets etc.

Why move the deadline to before Xmas and remove the finance option.

Something ain't right.

• Like 6

58 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

because its worrying

lets be honest, its never been done before and it comes after a season of selling the ground, losing 6 points and getting relegated and wages not been paid to players several times.

Now you tell me why this doesn't simply look like a desperate bid for ready cash rather than a "well thought out...lovely deal" for the supporters?

If the club are in financial difficulties...out with it.....I'll ante up..all I want is honesty...wadda we get?

The biggest and worst baked cake in the whole f.ookin' world an 150yr anniversary of an historic club that was nowt bar mockery, called f.ookin' customers and.... Almen Abdi

Never mind tho eh?

I can remember having the early bird in December before. Either under LS or MM. I’ll have a word with a mate tonight, he’ll remember when because he refused to buy one that season for the first time since the early 70s.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

Nope.

I'm not saying it's "offensive" - although others waiting on refunds from the club might disagree. I'm saying it's badly timed, badly thought out, needlessly restrictive and doesn't give enough fans a fair shake at a fair price point. 

I'm also saying there is no reason why this scheme couldn't run for a full month, with more notice, inclusive of at least one monthly pay day, with finance available. Nobody who is already buying these tickets in December at these prices loses out from those options existing. 

I'm also saying that in its current format, this scheme raises concerns and questions. The club doesn't have a cache of trust to rely on. There are burnt bridges and frayed relationships. People think the way this has been presented smells like a cash grab before January to alleviate financial trouble. You might not agree with those people, but this scheme just puts fuel on the fire in its current format. 

Trying to say this is just another option available to fans is fine, but it's an extremely narrow view that ignores a lot of issues. If you don't understand fans concerns - and they've been spelled out extremely clearly - then just admit you don't get it instead of trying to slag people off or say folk are moaning for the sake of it. It makes you look like an arse. 

Worth pointing out it isn't just fans who are ticked off. This has received criticism from the local media. I even saw the bloke who runs the Price of Football stuff pick up on it this morning. None of this is a good look and it isn't just fans commenting on it.

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

This just isn't true mate

What HAS happened is the club have announced this idea and disgusted or upset fans - some of whom have now said they won't even renew their season tickets 
Basically it's a massive PR disaster which has riled many many of our fans up unnecessarily and you only have to read the posts on here and even more so on social media to see the absolute outrage at this move/announcement

All totally unneccessary

Let me ask you a question - do you feel this announcement was well judged, well timed and well executed?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, coe_22 said:

I just have 3 questions I want answering.

1) how long have we been in an embargo?

2) how are the club getting out of it?

3) when will we be out of it? 

You clearly know nothing about running a football club. 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 1

Bit bewildering this. Obviously cash flow problems, but I assume most season ticket holders are still in credit. I'm still owed £190 apiece on mine and the missus's, so to renew 4 ( 2 adults and 2 grandkids under 11 on the kop ) would cost me £502. It ain't gonna be much of a money grab. Are we going to get our fingers burnt when this money runs out ?

Having said that, quite enjoying this mini revival over the past few weeks. I'll ponder over the weekend on whether to give my mini cash injection.