Cash Flow

Is the money grab pre Xmas a sign of our glorious leader being completely out of touch with the world or a case of we’re desperate for cash and need the money in now - or both?

Would a few thousand season tickets sales make any dent in the club that he’s propping up each month? 

If we’re cashing in to prop up a January spend from next years coffers, then we’re heading right back to where we’ve come from and the inevitable to come round the corner again

The man’s ideas never surprise me!! It’s just another kick in the teeth for many ST holders IMO…December and January for lots are focused on Christmas with cash very much at its tightest, then DC throws another £500 into mix. 

i personally think it’s damaging for both the ST holder and the club. 

• Like 3

If only there was a way for fans to know that if they wanted a season ticket for next year they'd have to pay for it; then they could put money aside each month in anticipation and it wouldn't matter when tickets went on sale...

Also, if only fans had the option of buying a ticket immediately they go on sale or waiting a bit, say another six months, until they could afford it.

Finally, if only fans actually had a choice of whether to buy a ticket or not, depending upon whether a) they could afford it and b) they considered it good value for money.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Maybe our new CEO told him it was a good idea so people can buy them for Christmas presents and he trusted the opinion of that person.

I guess no-one knows but not sure that we should always be so quick to apportion blame.

DC is the main at the top.

The buck stops there if it was his decision or not. He signed off on it.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Maybe our new CEO told him it was a good idea so people can buy them for Christmas presents and he trusted the opinion of that person.

I guess no-one knows but not sure that we should always be so quick to apportion blame.

This is the strange paradox on this place. Anything good,l, "DC has taken a step back". Anything bad, "DC at it again".

Make your minds up. This will have been left to those running the club on a day to day basis. I have no doubt.

Just now, sw1867 said:

DC is the main at the top.

The buck stops there if it was his decision or not. He signed off on it.

I could probably pull up 8,000 posts on here saying he needs to hire people and delegate responsibility to them

So which do you want?

Alternatively I guess we could just make Channers the whipping boy for both.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Spondon Owl said:

This is the strange paradox on this place. Anything good,l, "DC has taken a step back". Anything bad, "DC at it again".

Make your minds up. This will have been left to those running the club on a day to day basis. I have no doubt.

Absolutely

Chansiri doesn’t have a CEO

Fans: he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he’s making stupid decisions, he needs to delegate to people who get the fans

Chansiri hires a CEO and things improve

Fans: New CEO is doing mint, Chansiri should have done this ages ago. Chansiri is crap and the new CEO is making it much better

SWFC release STs before Christmas

Fans: we don’t like it. Boo Chansiri, he’s responsible for all decisions not the CEO booo 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I could probably pull up 8,000 posts on here saying he needs to hire people and delegate responsibility to them

So which do you want?

Alternatively I guess we could just make Channers the whipping boy for both.

He's responsible.  Chansiri owns the club, is the chairman and ultimately makes final decisions.

I've no doubt that something as fundamental as season ticket sales which make up a huge portion of our revenue and is a primary source of revenue was agreed by him, and that would be the same for any business.  

21 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Absolutely

Chansiri doesn’t have a CEO

Fans: he doesn’t know what he’s doing, he’s making stupid decisions, he needs to delegate to people who get the fans

Chansiri hires a CEO and things improve

Fans: New CEO is doing mint, Chansiri should have done this ages ago. Chansiri is crap and the new CEO is making it much better

SWFC release STs before Christmas

Fans: we don’t like it. Boo Chansiri, he’s responsible for all decisions not the CEO boooo

Who's our CEO?

52 minutes ago, Manwë said:

He's responsible.  Chansiri owns the club, is the chairman and ultimately makes final decisions.

I've no doubt that something as fundamental as season ticket sales which make up a huge portion of our revenue and is a primary source of revenue was agreed by him, and that would be the same for any business.  

...based on the input and recommendation of the person wholly responsible for the commercial operation of the business.

Trust someone who knows what they're doing Mr Chairman, but don't trust them

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

Is there a reason finance isn't available on these tickets at this time at this price point? 

The only reason I can think of is that the club require the money for these tickets now, and not in 9 months time split over a finance arrangement. Why else would finance be unavailable? Is there also a reason why there is such a small, limited window of time to buy them just before Christmas?

These early bird ST's will be a decent enough deal for a small enough number of people that they will shift some and bring some money into the club, while at the same time being too prohibitive and restrictive for most.

There are too many bad optics, too much of this that feels cynically engineered, for this to feel like a marketing drive for Christmas gift ideas. The speed that blame has been apportioned here directly reflects the offer available. Ultimately it doesn't matter whose idea this is - it's a bad deal and fans have reacted.  

Edited by sheffield_dave
  • Like 6

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

...based on the input and recommendation of the person wholly responsible for the commercial operation of the business.

Trust someone who knows what they're doing Mr Chairman, but don't trust them

Bizarre.

He's the chairman.  His COO(not CEO as others are confusing with) may well have recommended this or that, but it's an absolute fundamental decision that affects the balance sheet and the regulatory position of the club in the business that we are in.  

Chairman.  Oversees all.  His responsibility.  

At first I really liked the idea and the timing. Due to the pandemic people might spend less money......cancelled  Christmas parties, less enjoyable shopping and long delivery times or online shopping.  Therefore I did  like the idea of a easy to get Xmas present.

However..the missing financing option worries me a lot. Not only because many people won't be able to afford it on such short notice,  but mainly as it really indicates cash flow problems.  

How bad is the financial problem of the club? Is the money only needed in preparation of the transfer window??

I just hope that is no indication that we have to prepare for worse things to come.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Really? I can't see something as significant as this getting the green light without the chairman's say-so.

Is it that significant in the grand scheme of things? I'd imagine he would have been involved in considering the price structure but not implementation, timings etc. That's proper small beer.

In fairness I do agree with those pointing out that nobody actually NEEDS to buy a ST - doing a proper ‘that’s me done forever after 30 years’ flounce seems a bit weird when you’ve spent many many thousands in that time, and when fundamentally this is just a good offer misguidedly made three months too early and at too short notice.

But yes, it does add more fuel to the ongoing ‘club can’t run a p155up in a brewery’ fire and that’s just so, so exasperating. When oh when will we start looking even vaguely like a halfway normal business entity?

We’ve got a far bigger, more loyal and more reliable customer base than many commercial entities can take for granted - and yet we’re run like some mad boiler room gambling ring that pockets your deposit then vanishes next day, all the phones disconnected and the premises shuttered.

• Like 1