Cash Flow

1 hour ago, sheffield_dave said:

Is there a reason finance isn't available on these tickets at this time at this price point? 

The only reason I can think of is that the club require the money for these tickets now, and not in 9 months time split over a finance arrangement. Why else would finance be unavailable? Is there also a reason why there is such a small, limited window of time to buy them just before Christmas?

These early bird ST's will be a decent enough deal for a small enough number of people that they will shift some and bring some money into the club, while at the same time being too prohibitive and restrictive for most.

There are too many bad optics, too much of this that feels cynically engineered, for this to feel like a marketing drive for Christmas gift ideas. The speed that blame has been apportioned here directly reflects the offer available. Ultimately it doesn't matter whose idea this is - it's a bad deal and fans have reacted.  

Dunno mate.

I'm not the COO that made the decision.

But a fair question, and I would guess your assumption is the right one

7 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Dunno mate.

I'm not the COO that made the decision.

None of us are.. unless we are graced by them in secret on here! 

As fans all we can ever do is call what we see how we see it, and like I say, unfortunately I don't think the optics around this are great. I certainly don't think this does anything to quash speculation or fear about the clubs cashflow, something which fans rightly have little trust in the club with right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Is it that significant in the grand scheme of things? I'd imagine he would have been involved in considering the price structure but not implementation, timings etc. That's proper small beer.

From what we've been told by those who work at the club, Chansiri likes to micromanage everything.

I imagine something as important as season ticket strategy will have been something he'd have wanted to oversee.

When do they normally go on sale?

how much are the normal renew or early bird prices?

how much will the season tickets or renewal prices be when they normally go on sale? 

I wouldn’t know these answers but it seems to me this is a good opportunity for some that many want to buy a present and there’s no indication that there’s going to be a huge increase on this years prices by the time it comes to the normal renewal prices 

it might not suit everyone’s timing to renew now but there’s nothing stopping them renewing at there normal price 

I almost expect a yearly increase in prices unless we drop down a division so the fact they are holding the prices and we still could be playing in a higher division I can’t see what the club has done wrong with this 

it’s not like they’ve said renew now or don’t get a season ticket it’s just an opportunity for some to get theirs early at the same price 

as for those shouting about him using this as cash flow or spending the money before next season wouldn’t this apply to every year?

you could argue the club and every hospitality businesses do the same in pre ordered events, Christmas bookings etc….

I also assume there might be an option ( maybe I’m wrong to spread the payments over a period ) 

Sometimes it just seems everybody has something to moan about and what doesn’t suit them might actually be of good benefit to others 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Sometimes it just seems everybody has something to moan about and what doesn’t suit them might actually be of good benefit to others 

I've seen you post this across two separate threads. 

Don't have a pop at everybody else because you are either wilfully ignoring or simply can't understand the issues people have with this.

The tickets being on sale now isn't necessarily an issue. The needlessly restrictive terms of sale given the timing are.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

I will be getting mine next week, along with the lad's.

Our choice.

Your choice to make. Nobody should tell you otherwise.

Again, the tickets being on sale now isn't really the issue I don't think. The club will get some money now from those who see the value and can afford it and that's fine. 

The issue is that potentially thousands of others simply can't, not even due to affordability but due to timing and an absence of flexibility. The club will offer that flexibility later, with better timing, but at a higher cost. That's an issue.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I could probably pull up 8,000 posts on here saying he needs to hire people and delegate responsibility to them

So which do you want?

Alternatively I guess we could just make Channers the whipping boy for both.

If it's not Chansiris decision and its down to his new CEO... Chansiri has hired the wrong person. 

Stop making excuses for a man who's walking all over you club and club traditions. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

I've seen you post this across two separate threads. 

Don't have a pop at everybody else because you are either wilfully ignoring or simply can't understand the issues people have with this.

The tickets being on sale now isn't necessarily an issue. The needlessly restrictive terms of sale given the timing are.

Your suggesting people won’t get an opportunity to renew their season ticket 

it’s not purchase them now or you can’t have one 

it’s barking the amount of people complaining about this 

I go away annually with my friends not everyone books on at the same time some wait until it’s financial right for them to hook if they can book on

there are a few fans that would welcome this approach for those who want to book later or after Christmas why is this an issue for them I just don’t understand that 

2 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Your choice to make. Nobody should tell you otherwise.

Again, the tickets being on sale now isn't really the issue I don't think. The club will get some money now from those who see the value and can afford it and that's fine. 

The issue is that potentially thousands of others simply can't, not even due to affordability but due to timing and an absence of flexibility. The club will offer that flexibility later, with better timing, but at a higher cost. That's an issue.

But surely you understand that’s the case in nearly every single pre purchased product the earlier you book the cheaper it is 

look at the 3/4/5 year season tickets better offers for purchasing further in advance 

it goes without saying any season tickets will be better value to those who pay on the gate and to those who purchase there season tickets in what might be the last of 4/5 discounted slots 

he’s done a prize freeze for a team who still on for promotion it’s a great deal as i imagine February renews will still be a good deal for those wanting to purchase them then even if the price increases slightly 

it’s like moaning that done can’t afford season tickets because they can’t afford the outlay but they pay on the gate every week 

hotels do the same airlines do the same many other businesses have staggered early bird prices to secure bookings 

stop having a moan and just renew when it’s right for you 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Is there a reason finance isn't available on these tickets at this time at this price point? 

The only reason I can think of is that the club require the money for these tickets now, and not in 9 months time split over a finance arrangement. Why else would finance be unavailable? Is there also a reason why there is such a small, limited window of time to buy them just before Christmas?

These early bird ST's will be a decent enough deal for a small enough number of people that they will shift some and bring some money into the club, while at the same time being too prohibitive and restrictive for most.

There are too many bad optics, too much of this that feels cynically engineered, for this to feel like a marketing drive for Christmas gift ideas. The speed that blame has been apportioned here directly reflects the offer available. Ultimately it doesn't matter whose idea this is - it's a bad deal and fans have reacted.  

In these circumstances the club would usually receive the cash up front from the finance company albeit at a discounted rate to give the finance company a margin plus whatever interest rate they charge to cover their risk and make a profit.

The usual rule is the lower the interest rate the bigger the discount that the club would get.

I would assume that someone at the club has done their sums and decided that sales on finance wouldn't generate enough additional sales to justify the discounted cash flow rate that we would receive.

• Thanks 1