BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

On 03/12/2021 at 14:37, Daizan10 said:

But then you were being served a much better product. Like, a steak costs more than a burger at a restaurant, but IT ALSO TASTES NICER. 

We were watching the same old poo a year or two ago. Maybe different seasonings but the main ingredient was still poo.

All these people saying this has been sprung on them with no notice (Including the supporters group), you know you need to pay for your season ticket every season, you know the winter months are generally more expensive so money will be tighter from Dec (particularly) through to Feb... So why haven't you got a head start on putting money aside for the tickets? If you coughed up £400 on an early bird last February you've had 9-10 months notice (when you were expecting 12), you've not had no notice, you have to pay for your season ticket every year... £35 x 10 months = £350 so you've got £50 to find... heck, maybe next time put £50 away each month and you'll actually have £100 excess at this point which you can spend on something else. If you cant afford to put away £50 a month should you really be buying a season ticket?

I can't really afford it (I could if I sacrificed something else) so I don't get a season ticket. I can't afford a matchday ticket (I could if I sacrificed something else) so I don't go to matches. Nobody is holding you to ransom, not buying a season ticket is an option. Its not a noble or grand gesture to 'refuse' to buy a season ticket, its simply exercising personal choice.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

All these people saying this has been sprung on them with no notice (Including the supporters group), you know you need to pay for your season ticket every season, you know the winter months are generally more expensive so money will be tighter from Dec (particularly) through to Feb... So why haven't you got a head start on putting money aside for the tickets? If you coughed up £400 on an early bird last February you've had 9-10 months notice (when you were expecting 12), you've not had no notice, you have to pay for your season ticket every year... £35 x 10 months = £350 so you've got £50 to find... heck, maybe next time put £50 away each month and you'll actually have £100 excess at this point which you can spend on something else. If you cant afford to put away £50 a month should you really be buying a season ticket?

I can't really afford it (I could if I sacrificed something else) so I don't get a season ticket. I can't afford a matchday ticket (I could if I sacrificed something else) so I don't go to matches. Nobody is holding you to ransom, not buying a season ticket is an option. Its not a noble or grand gesture to 'refuse' to buy a season ticket, its simply exercising personal choice.

So now we have people telling other people how to live their lives and manage their finances

All to rush to fund a failed multi millionaire just before Christmas 

Okaaaaayyyy then

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Owlstalk Shop

40 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Yes, that’s what’s needed. Someone to preach about personal finances. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

43 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Check Dej out with his Sunday morning rant. Sell up and go away.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Wow 😳 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, bigdan2003 said:

Yes, that’s what’s needed. Someone to preach about personal finances. 

Not preaching about personal finance, if you fill your tank up every fortnight you make sure you've got enough money to fill up your tank every fortnight. You put slightly less in your tank if you can't afford to fill it up because a) the price has increased or b) you need to top up earlier than expected... But to say "I've got to find £50 to fill up my tank" when realistically you know full well you need to put petrol in your car at some point is, in my opinion, a flawed argument.

If you can't afford to put petrol into a car, don't have a car.

Of course where my example above is particularly flawed (and i expect plenty of people will find plenty of flaws), a lot of people need a car... Nobody needs a Sheffield Wednesday season ticket.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

So now we have people telling other people how to live their lives and manage their finances

All to rush to fund a failed multi millionaire just before Christmas 

Okaaaaayyyy then

Don't fund him. Or do. Personal choice (but don't martyr yourself in the process)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Binky Griptite said:

Don't fund him. Or do. Personal choice (but don't martyr yourself in the process)

But what we have are people getting attacked for choosing not to fund him (and bring made out to be some kind of traitor or not a real fan)

that’s my only real issue 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

But what we have are people getting attacked for choosing not to fund him (and bring made out to be some kind of traitor or not a real fan)

that’s my only real issue 

You perhaps quoted the wrong person then because at no point have i made anyone out to be a traitor, quite the opposite.

• Like 1

On 04/12/2021 at 19:27, Owlinmad said:

We were watching the same old poo a year or two ago. Maybe different seasonings but the main ingredient was still poo.

Nah. We got to the play offs twice, that was the better product. The fact we let ourselves be charges more for the same poo under Jos, Monk and Pulis says a lot about how football fans are not customers at all. 
Still, at least, (until the pizza cup game) we looked to have turned a corner. 

Guest mrbluesky
7 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Nah. We got to the play offs twice, that was the better product. The fact we let ourselves be charges more for the same poo under Jos, Monk and Pulis says a lot about how football fans are not customers at all. 
Still, at least, (until the pizza cup game) we looked to have turned a corner. 

That was 2016 lol