BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

29 minutes ago, Birstall Owl said:

Had a look at my renewal and the lad's ticket on the kop is £205 (Under 21) and he has £150 credit (2020-21 Refund) on his account, but when I went to purchase (trial run) the credit was not included.

Is there a reason why I can't use it/it hasn't been applied?

I had to make 2 purchases today

Even though me and my lads tickets are joined via the friends and family link, and the system let me buy both at the same time, it only showed my credit when I came to pay

I ended up just buying mine and then logging into his account and buying his separately. His credit then showed

Little bit of a pain but it only took 5 mins to sort out

• Like 1

On 06/12/2021 at 13:55, morganowl said:

good post , why are so many complaining? 11 years ago £298 early bird for kop  now £365 11 years on .. thats just over 20% increase . many things have doubled in price or more in 11 years . im paying 240% more for my gas/electric than 11 years ago . im sure there are other comparisons like cinema etc etc.. timing aint great for some i get that with xmas . hopefully come late feb there back at these or just above prices . got mine today too 

What I find annoying is that DC says he is rewarding fans loyalty yet anybody can buy an Early Bird ticket. 11 years ago that would have been left for the loyal fans to renew only. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

I had to make 2 purchases today

Even though me and my lads tickets are joined via the friends and family link, and the system let me buy both at the same time, it only showed my credit when I came to pay

I ended up just buying mine and then logging into his account and buying his separately. His credit then showed

Little bit of a pain but it only took 5 mins to sort out

Cheers m8

Sounds like a plan

2 hours ago, morganowl said:

they open this week on thursday till late . it be easier to go in unless you live 50 plus miles away . your email might be opened once price has gone up. also are they going to get sunderland tickets on sale? i can see that also to be a disaster with the postal system in meltdown and tickets need to be sold now or no chance of getting before xmas .taking some of my post 12 days to come .  i think we need to go back to high streets and shops as buying online at present is a complete disaster , 

Thursday until 7.00pm and Sunday 10.00am  to 4.00pm. I'm going to nip in after work Thursday probably.  https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2021/december/megastoreticket-office-open-sundays-and-late-thursday/

• Like 1

Can we put a little perspective on this argument, please?

Whilst watching the R.Osman House of |Games on telly tjis week, one of the questions, the contestants were asked to guess the AVERAGE WEEKLY WAGE of a Premiership footballer. The answer shocked all, even me - £61,000 per week That is the equivalent to the cost at early bird prices of 114 South stand tickets, or 152 Kop tickets. 

With a squad of , say 20 players (v.small),  that's a wage bill of £1.2 Million pounds PER WEEK.

Food for thought

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

Whilst watching the R.Osman House of |Games on telly tjis week, one of the questions, the contestants were asked to guess the AVERAGE WEEKLY WAGE of a Premiership footballer. The answer shocked all, even me - £61,000 per week That is the equivalent to the cost at early bird prices of 114 South stand tickets, or 152 Kop tickets. 

With a squad of , say 20 players (v.small),  that's a wage bill of £1.2 Million pounds PER WEEK.

Food for thought

Just goes to show it's not the average persons game anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buxtongent said:

Food for thought

To also put this into perspective the team finishing bottom of the PL is guaranteed at least 100 million pounds plus parachute payments of at least 73 million or so over two years should they need them. The income does not include sponsorship and merchandise so this must be added in as well as the gate receipts on top. However you look at it the figures are obscene but it does help explain the wages being paid. Goodness knows what ST prices will be should we reach the PL. 

11 hours ago, Buxtongent said:

Food for thought

So the Money we are currently wasting on Berahino, Brown, Sow, Gibson which is probably close to £20k a week or £1m for the season is the equivalent of about 2,700 season tickets on the kop.

But instead of getting rid of these players, adding nothing to the club we will keep them for the season and instead gets the fans to pay for their tickets early.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

I renewed today. £150 credit applied. 

It’s shocking timing before Christmas but I’m very happy with the price. 

What happens if we go back into a lockdown with the new Covid variant. Do you think DC will be as quick to give you your money back for the games you cannot attend?

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

What happens if we go back into a lockdown with the new Covid variant. Do you think DC will be as quick to give you your money back for the games you cannot attend?

I would hope by August it will be ok. We aren’t starting from scratch this time. 

• Like 1