BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

26 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Don’t think so kilnhurst. Sounds like he’s desperately trying to raise some cash right now. My guess is he’s in danger of another points deduction unless he can scrape together enough cash to pay the December wage bill. 

Guesswork,  be very strange to go about signing NML and then not be able to afford wages would it not 

It’s just a badly thought out idea,  How much influence has the CEO had on it though is my question and is he willing to be interviewed 

You will get nowt from the owner, he won’t speak to the fans again in my opinion 

1 hour ago, Bazza said:

I totally understand and agree with the feelings expressed on this issue so far, but having put my own emotions aside for a minute, I have realised that I last paid anything into the club when paid for my season ticket back in feb 2019. 

So far this season I have attended 20 home games and 1 away game and I have only paid the away game. (Yes I know in reality I have paid for the home games but the money paid in 2019 has long since gone).

My wife has attended 4 games with me all paid for with left over credit and 50% of what i have bought in the shop has been paid for with credit so that’s probably a small loss in the shop or best case they have broke even.

Total club income from me this is just about 15 pints of The Wednesday and a couple of bovrils!

I have probably spent £80 in Beres and as I have a 100mile round trip to Hillsborough I have probably spent £280 on diesel.

I am clearing supporting Beres and the tax man and as much as I dislike the timing of the early bird offer I can clearly see why the club might need a cash injection! 

Its a good point you make. Its obviously about cash flow.

It seems like they have decided that the (fully justified) blowback from fans is the lesser problem.

Ultimately though we are using next seasons revenue to pay for this seasons expenses. Its not sustainable and he will eventually need to provide more funds or the games up.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Nero said:

It seems like they have decided that the (fully justified) blowback from fans is the lesser problem.

Ultimately though we are using next seasons revenue to pay for this seasons expenses. Its not sustainable and he will eventually need to provide more funds or the games up.

Correct, if this is a move to cover cash flow problems.  Sooner or later we’re going to be asked to pay a year in front every season.  I’m still conflicted on whether or not to renew at the lowest price.  As it stands the club look like losing someone who has had a ST since 1977.

• Like 1

That's me out, and my lad, was going to buy one for daughter too.

Only got one this year as I had the ticket credit from 2019.

I said then this will be my last unless things change drastically behind the scenes, and for the most part, I thought the club had, still a long way off, but genuine attempts to build bridges with supporters seemed to be being made.

Then Chansiri comes off of holiday and kills that goodwill dead.

Can I afford it upfront now? No.

Could I afford finance when it becomes available in a few weeks time and pay an extra £50 or so across the 3 tickets? Yes

Will I pay extra on principle? Absolutely chuffin not!

33 minutes ago, Nero said:

Personally I think the mistake the club is making is not being upfront. If it’s a cash flow problem just tell us! 

And if that is the case then open a super early early bird from now until mid December with a small incentive (frozen price less £20 for paying up 2-3 months early)  for those that take up the deal. Then open normal early bird in feb at the frozen price. 

by starting at the frozen price now fans are being forced to decide on whether to get a ST next season or not this week! Personally I am either renewing next week at the frozen price or will attend a dozen games max POTG next season.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Bazza said:

Personally I think the mistake the club is making is not being upfront. If it’s a cash flow problem just tell us! 

And if that is the case then open a super early early bird from now until mid December with a small incentive (frozen price less £20 for paying up 2-3 months early)  for those that take up the deal. Then open normal early bird in feb at the frozen price. 

by starting at the frozen price now fans are being forced to decide on whether to get a ST next season or not this week! Personally I am either renewing next week at the frozen price or will attend a dozen games max POTG next season.

IF there is a cash flow issue then I think airing it in public would be a metaphorical  incendiary.

Personally I dont mind the pre-christmas incentive though it should probably have better been marketed as such. I would expect another advance purchase offer later at prices marginally higher than this offer.  The acid test for me will be how much higher.

10 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

IF there is a cash flow issue then I think airing it in public would be a metaphorical  incendiary.

Personally I dont mind the pre-christmas incentive though it should probably have better been marketed as such. I would expect another advance purchase offer later at prices marginally higher than this offer.  The acid test for me will be how much higher.

Giving people the opportunity to buy tickets pre-Christmas is fine. Raising the prices week by week is pretty shabby - with the underlying threat that they could be much higher whenever they next go on sale. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Giving people the opportunity to buy tickets pre-Christmas is fine. Raising the prices week by week is pretty shabby - with the underlying threat that they could be much higher whenever they next go on sale. 

This.

The cheapest prices should be held at least until the end of January.

I’d also add, a bit more notice would’ve been nice.

3 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Don’t know if it’s been hypothesised already.

But the pricing scheme is a great way of clawing back a big chunk of the credits everyone has sat in their accounts.

At least 10,000 people likely with £50 or more. That’s 500k you’ve got to lose off next seasons tickets for a start. 

Set your pricing strategy in a way that backs people into having to wait and pay the higher price, you’ve nullified  a big chunk of those credits. 

It stinks of cynicism. Why doesn’t he just be up front and explain that the club is in a tight spot? He treats us like gullible morons and I’m not giving him the satisfaction. 

What I can’t get my head around here is the club could have said before Black Friday weekend that they were going to do a special Black Friday deal on season tickets so that our fans could get a cracking deal on next seasons tickets as a Christmas gift if they wanted 

Then released the offer on Black Friday with finance options like the pay monthly and the SWFC Mastercard option

Good vibes, goodwill and good sales on the back of the worlds biggest sales event 

Instead they wait till that ends, wait till the day after the most embarrassing home defeat and put them on sale in an almost blackmail like way and lose the goodwill that the COO has built and created whilst Channers has been away

its really staggering when you think about just the absolute basics of this situation and how badly it’s been cocked up

Its not that hard this 

it actually is harder to get it as wrong as Chansiri has here 

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop