BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

8 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Our fans could be paying for 2023 football this month, when the club still hasn't refunded the fans from 2019

Think about THAT for a second...

That’s the bit that gets me. Totally unacceptable. The whole thing defies logic. 

• Like 1

Doesn’t sit comfortably with me and reeks of  lack of cash flow forecasted in the new year. 

In fact, I think it’s absolutely disgusting, especially when they can’t even refund tickets from 2 seasons ago.

I’m in a fortunate position of being able to afford to renew without the need for using credit and worrying about it, but many aren’t and to ask fans to fork out hundreds of pounds just before Christmas, months and months in advance is appalling.

it seems very short sighted. Those that can afford it would probably renew regardless of price (within reason), so benefit from the cheap(er) prices, whilst those that can’t will be punished by either racking up debt, paying higher prices at a later date, or not being able to afford going at all when season tickets are a full price in the summer.  Disgusting.  

I can only but think it’s down to cash flow. I don’t mind the early bird offering, but people should be given notice. Announce prices in the new year for say sale in March giving fans some time to plan and let fans find their feet after Christmas. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

I've seen some stuff by Chansiri but this is just astounding. 

Virtually 9 months before the season starts.... Just before Xmas. 

Just how the hell do you stand for it. 

He's absolutely walking all over you and beyond some moans on a forum, hardly a murmur from the fan base. 

We're from Sheffield, we still have fans giving him virtual blowjobs for signing some freebies in the summer to be able to put a team out.

• Like 1

I think this is a good move from the club.  All of us will have put a bit of money aside for Christmas or be willing to get into a little bit of debt, so we'll all have some money we can dispose of right this minute.

Use that money to guarantee a seat in the 22/23 season or buy your family some tat they can get all year round and risk being locked out of Hillsborough.   It's a no brainer.

• Haha 3

Was it this time last year that there was a crazy Megastore offer; something like spend x and get the same to use in Dec 21 for free?

one mental desperate cash grab to another.

when will we actually just look at running the club properly. And there’s still so many basic things we can do to increase revenue eg have stock in the megastore at Xmas etc 

14 hours ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

DC obviously must have read Owlstalk today and thought " hmmm, if even the bricklayers are earning £350 a day, then I can easily milk a few hundred quid out of the gullible fools before the end of December".

#defundchansiri

#chansiriout

#notaskerrickfordejphon

Thank f.ook he missed the "Fruit pickers" thread prices would double

Not taking up the 'offer' is the only way to force change. This is where we need to display the WAWAW ethos.

It's all very well saying 'yeah it's not good for those that can't afford it but Im lucky, I can so I'm renewing', we need a level of solidarity here.

Generally speaking if you can afford to stump up the cash now you can afford the extra in the new year.  

Chansiri has gradually squeezed the fans more and more over the years and it needs to stop. The only way that happens is if we as a collective fan base refuse to just keep acting as the club's credit card and coughing up cash on demand.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

I don’t blame DC for creating an incentive for buying early, like perhaps priority points, a vouchers for the Megastore, perhaps a number of free guest tickets for certain category of matches, or a cheaper child ticket. However to make the core ticket price progressively more expensive, even when buying as early as Dec 21st 2021 sticks in the throat.

This early bird idea has got to the ridiculous stage now. I’ve had a season ticket for donkeys years, but won’t want to commit to buy one until we’ll into next year. If I’m having to pay £60 plus higher than those buying now, having had a season ticket for over 40 years, I won’t renew in principle. This is the straw that breaks the camel’s back for me.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Salmonbones said:

I think we need some interaction with the club. 

If they came out with some home truths about the issues they are having, people would be far more sympathetic.

They would probably get more sales too, and less people wanting to go to small claims court etc.

This is part of the whole problem.

simply explain the situation to the fans, he could have done this months ago. he could have explained to the fans who wanted refunds

"Listen we are in a mess and seriously need a bit of help"

I'm sure loads of supporters would have stepped up, but no, its more smoke and mirrors, no explanation just simply like it or lump it, the fans get p*ssed off , then this ridiculous idea of paying for next season months before it starts.

What next, the season after next September?

Its obvious the club is struggling for cash, wadda we do?

Let it burn?

There will be someone after Chansiri, and tbh for me, it can't come quick enough, he's clueless

4 hours ago, Leeds U from sheff said:

I've seen some stuff by Chansiri but this is just astounding. 

Virtually 9 months before the season starts.... Just before Xmas. 

Just how the hell do you stand for it. 

He's absolutely walking all over you and beyond some moans on a forum, hardly a murmur from the fan base. 

Quite simply we’ve been poo for so long that our fans are still grateful for one trip to Wembley. We also have this weird mentality where going against the owner is considered an act of disloyalty against the club. Cue the tuna ******** being able to do what he likes.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

I think this is a good move from the club.  All of us will have put a bit of money aside for Christmas or be willing to get into a little bit of debt, so we'll all have some money we can dispose of right this minute.

Use that money to guarantee a seat in the 22/23 season or buy your family some tat they can get all year round and risk being locked out of Hillsborough.   It's a no brainer.

Hi Dejphon 

• Like 2

I totally understand and agree with the feelings expressed on this issue so far, but having put my own emotions aside for a minute, I have realised that I last paid anything into the club when paid for my season ticket back in feb 2019. 

So far this season I have attended 20 home games and 1 away game and I have only paid the away game. (Yes I know in reality I have paid for the home games but the money paid in 2019 has long since gone).

My wife has attended 4 games with me all paid for with left over credit and 50% of what i have bought in the shop has been paid for with credit so that’s probably a small loss in the shop or best case they have broke even.

Total club income from me this is just about 15 pints of The Wednesday and a couple of bovrils!

I have probably spent £80 in Beres and as I have a 100mile round trip to Hillsborough I have probably spent £280 on diesel.

I am clearing supporting Beres and the tax man and as much as I dislike the timing of the early bird offer I can clearly see why the club might need a cash injection! 

Don’t know if it’s been hypothesised already.

But the pricing scheme is a great way of clawing back a big chunk of the credits everyone has sat in their accounts.

At least 10,000 people likely with £50 or more. That’s 500k you’ve got to lose off next seasons tickets for a start. 

Set your pricing strategy in a way that backs people into having to wait and pay the higher price, you’ve nullified  a big chunk of those credits. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kilnhurstowl said:

This is the thing though........ I don't think they are expecting you to find it. What they are expecting you to do is not afford it now but come February when the prices have gone up for then you to be able to afford it.  In effect almost forcing you to pay a higher price. 

Don’t think so kilnhurst. Sounds like he’s desperately trying to raise some cash right now. My guess is he’s in danger of another points deduction unless he can scrape together enough cash to pay the December wage bill. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Don’t think so kilnhurst. Sounds like he’s desperately trying to raise some cash right now. My guess is he’s in danger of another points deduction unless he can scrape together enough cash to pay the December wage bill. 

If we are struggling to pay the wage and have cashflow problem why on earth have we given a contracts to Berahino and Mendez-Laing.
Chansiri should learn to say no when a agent or manager wants yet another player.