BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Giving people the opportunity to buy tickets pre-Christmas is fine. Raising the prices week by week is pretty shabby - with the underlying threat that they could be much higher whenever they next go on sale. 

Yes agree with the week by week rise point. For me though, as said the acid test will be the timing and price pitched for the next offering. 

31 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

I find it worrying why they need the money this early.

And on that basis I won’t part with my money.

There was always going to be a requirement for significant funds input and likely in the form of loans. More than likely that this offers a bridge until the next tranche is in place.

4 minutes ago, Teddy Nickelarse said:

Yes agree with the week by week rise point. For me though, as said the acid test will be the timing and price pitched for the next offering. 

Given the price on 21 December is £40 dearer for my ticket than on 13 December you have to think it’s going to be at least £50 more. Even for what would previously have been an early early bird. Pretty shabby. 

1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

Correct, if this is a move to cover cash flow problems.  Sooner or later we’re going to be asked to pay a year in front every season.  I’m still conflicted on whether or not to renew at the lowest price.  As it stands the club look like losing someone who has had a ST since 1977.

We have already been asked to do that with the several multi year season tickets deals the club has put out in the past.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What I can’t get my head around here is the club could have said before Black Friday weekend that they were going to do a special Black Friday deal on season tickets so that our fans could get a cracking deal on next seasons tickets as a Christmas gift if they wanted 

Then released the offer on Black Friday with finance options like the pay monthly and the SWFC Mastercard option

Good vibes, goodwill and good sales on the back of the worlds biggest sales event 

Instead they wait till that ends, wait till the day after the most embarrassing home defeat and put them on sale in an almost blackmail like way and lose the goodwill that the COO has built and created whilst Channers has been away

its really staggering when you think about just the absolute basics of this situation and how badly it’s been cocked up

Its not that hard this 

it actually is harder to get it as wrong as Chansiri has here 

Yes agreed the roll out should have been better. I wonder too what the input of the COO was in this.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Given the price on 21 December is £40 dearer for my ticket than on 13 December you have to think it’s going to be at least £50 more. Even for what would previously have been an early early bird. Pretty shabby. 

It's wait and see for me. The next offereing will be critcal in terms of both timing and pricing.

February is traditionally early-bird renewal time. I don't understand what the reward is for doing it now? A much better way to market this would've been to incentivise those that buy before Christmas (reduce the price, not freeze it) and communicate the usual renewal period is happening with prizes frozen in February 2022.

Instead the club has used deadline driven marketing to push fans to buy now with no notice and during the most expensive time of the year. It's yet another example of just how out of touch our leader is. The fact that the Fan Engagement Panel told him this was a bad idea and he did it anyway tells you a lot about how he runs the club. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

If we are struggling to pay the wage and have cashflow problem why on earth have we given a contracts to Berahino and Mendez-Laing.
Chansiri should learn to say no when a agent or manager wants yet another player.

And that’s  probably the reason he needs the cash. They won’t have come cheap.

On 02/12/2021 at 13:17, WhiteOwl91 said:

Gone down £145 on the south then compared to a year or 2 back. Good value.

But timing is a bit shoddy and timescales to purchase 

But then you were being served a much better product. Like, a steak costs more than a burger at a restaurant, but IT ALSO TASTES NICER. 

• Haha 1

In the future this shîtshow will be given marketing students as a case study in how to completely bôllox up a launch of a product. 

Its rule 1 of selling anything. Don’t try and flog expensive non essential items on the run up to Christmas. The fact it coincides with the biggest squeeze on family finances for ages is just the icing on the cake. 

I already can’t afford Christmas. So I’m going to pass on this generous early bird offer…