BREAKING NEWS - SWFC Season Ticket prices frozen

Guest mrbluesky

45 minutes ago, Roscoe P. Coltrane said:

This 

Sounds like another cashflow issue to me...

I don't understand why after last night's bumper crowd. lol

I guess the timing is in hope some people purchase as a Christmas present for family members.  

Can't grumble at the price though even if there's no option to buy on finance or interest free with owls MasterCard. 

I'll be buying one next week. UTO

This just stinks of money for the JTW (even though our money pays for nothing apparently). 

To ask for that amount of money now just before Xmas is bad enough, but to ask for that amount of money 4 month into a season when you owe thousands of fans 100's of pounds in refunds from 2 year ago is just a joke! 

Charlatan is an absolute joke of a chairman! 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

If you take away the actual football/politics/chairman for a second and look at what's on offer to anyone going to a game at Hillsborough with regards to food, drink, catering, atmosphere, environment - it's like something out of the 70's

The people who tell you that stuff doesn't matter and it's all about the football are the ones who go week in week out and will endure anything to see their team play (nothing wrong with that btw)

But the reality is this is the entertainment/hospitality industry the club is in and offering up what they offer up is genuinely dinosaur age stuff and really not good enough

I use to think like this, but maybe its because its what we've always been used to so don't know any better.

But then look at Tottenham's new stadium and going to that every other week for a home game, it would be so much easier to spend a few extra quid!

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

THIS

If you take away the actual football/politics/chairman for a second and look at what's on offer to anyone going to a game at Hillsborough with regards to food, drink, catering, atmosphere, environment - it's like something out of the 70's

The people who tell you that stuff doesn't matter and it's all about the football are the ones who go week in week out and will endure anything to see their team play (nothing wrong with that btw)

But the reality is this is the entertainment/hospitality industry the club is in and offering up what they offer up is genuinely dinosaur age stuff and really not good enough

He had an incentive the other week for the Xmas lights turn on.  A pie and a drink for 4 quid between 6 and 6:45 they said.

They opened the gates at 6:30. 15 minutes to take advantage of this offer - it took 15 minutes for the people at the till to figure out the price. 

Cheers Dejphon. 

• Haha 4

Chansiri will be well aware that this is being interpreted as a Christmas week price increase (which it clearly is) so I’ll make a prediction.

In a couple of weeks there’ll be another announcement along the lines:-

‘Initial early bird price offer extended for a further two weeks’

It won’t be unprecedented either because it happened two years ago. Back then though the offer was Feb/March not December, nine months before the season in question begins.

• Like 1

Next year we will be asked in September to renew.

This is somewhat infuriating.

I'll end up buying probably tomorrow, but I resent it an awful lot.   I really do think that the powers that be should come out and explain they have a bloody problem and that is why they are doing this, that would at least give people a reason to do this and not feel like they are being taken the mickey out of.

I'm narked because I've just told my wife i'll be paying for mine and my lads tickets and could not give her a decent reason as to why.

Pissed off.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Salmonbones said:

Next year we will be asked in September to renew.

This is somewhat infuriating.

I'll end up buying probably tomorrow, but I resent it an awful lot.   I really do think that the powers that be should come out and explain they have a bloody problem and that is why they are doing this, that would at least give people a reason to do this and not feel like they are being taken the mickey out of.

I'm narked because I've just told my wife i'll be paying for mine and my lads tickets and could not give her a decent reason as to why.

Pissed off.

What you're saying is exactly what the Chairman wants, and why he's able to do it

I'm not criticising your decision by the way mate - just saying it's how the club is able to do stuff like this

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

17 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

What you're saying is exactly what the Chairman wants, and why he's able to do it

I'm not criticising your decision by the way mate - just saying it's how the club is able to do stuff like this

What you say is correct to a degree.   Like most people right now, I am looking as a family to what we can "breathe in" as to what we spend - so paying later then the first payment deal goes against this plan as it means paying out more..

I am torn.   I know I'm being ****ed over.  But then, I can't look my lad in the eye and say "we'll not go next season"  - I don't want to do it to myself either for that matter.

If it were sky, or Eon or such - I'd be telling them i'd be off to another provider.   That's the problem I have, Wednesday are pulling on heart strings here, and like a mug I'm going to follow suit.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The alarm bell here is no finance package available to buy these 

Gives the game away. He needs the money, all of it up front. 

Await the late wages and points deduction. 

I believe the clubs who use V12 finance and other such things get the money up front from the finance company anyway.   

Just now, Salmonbones said:

What you say is correct to a degree.   Like most people right now, I am looking as a family to what we can "breathe in" as to what we spend - so paying later then the first payment deal goes against this plan as it means paying out more..

I am torn.   I know I'm being ****ed over.  But then, I can't look my lad in the eye and say "we'll not go next season"  - I don't want to do it to myself either for that matter.

If it were sky, or Eon or such - I'd be telling them i'd be off to another provider.   That's the problem I have, Wednesday are pulling on heart strings here, and like a mug I'm going to follow suit.

I 100% hear what you're saying

It's a very emotional purchase to diehard Wednesday fans so there's always gonna be that aspect

You're right to try and save money though for sure

The main concern for me isn't the cash but rather if there's any issues/more lockdowns - how long will it take to get the cash back from the club given last time and some STILL not having had their money back 

• Like 2

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, Salmonbones said:

I believe the clubs who use V12 finance and other such things get the money up front from the finance company anyway.   

Yeah that makes sense - otherwise the club is essentially doing a buy now pay later but with a middleman there for no reason I guess. 

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, morganowl said:

we defo aint a cash cow we are losing lots of money every month , chansiri brainless running got this club into trouble but have your any idea how much this club and similar clubs lost in revenue due to covid? . i would love it if some billionaire turned up employed proper people but that aint going to happen . his family own a worldwide tuna business and they defo aint ran out of money . 

Indeed but DC allowance might have been stopped after he lost £200m to take a mid table championship club with no debt, to a mid table league one club, losing £20m a season, homeless and a team made up of free agents and loans signing.

would you let him waste anymore of your money on signing players such as Sow, Byers, Gibson, Shodipo, Brown, Wing, Berahino. All players who should be no where near the first team but probably costing us the best part of £60k+ a week.

18 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The alarm bell here is no finance package available to buy these 

Gives the game away. He needs the money, all of it up front. 

Await the late wages and points deduction. 

Exactly this. Extremely worried with this especially after the other other loan had been rolled over. 

Would it actually hurt the club to come out and explain why they need it so early? I've not renewed this season as the only for of protest I have left against Chansiri, however if he came out and said "look we're fizzed unless we can raise x million in the next month" then I'd for immediate protection of the club swallow my pride. I'd want long term assurances that he's gonna fizz off but in the immediate I'd do everything I can to protect the club. 

Instead they're telling us about this "amazing deal" just tell us the frigging truth! 

#thewednesdayCON

#ChansiriOutNow

• Like 2