Unbeaten run with Dave Jones

30 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I'm against it.  

I think it would set us up at targets.  Would prefer we were more like a cheetah on the Serengeti.  Stalk our prey, and then pounce with speed at the right time.

We are hungry for victories, but that way leaves us exposed.  Let's play it safe and hide in the long grass.  Let our victims come closer to us unwittingly.

Then we feast.

O my lord, who have we got here? 

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Manwë said:

I'm against it.  

I think it would set us up at targets.  Would prefer we were more like a cheetah on the Serengeti.  Stalk our prey, and then pounce with speed at the right time.

We are hungry for victories, but that way leaves us exposed.  Let's play it safe and hide in the long grass.  Let our victims come closer to us unwittingly.

Then we feast.

Thank you David Attenborough.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

42 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I can not bring myself to get carried away after 1 brilliant performance and only a handful of good ones in nearly half a season!

Polish_20211124_164019803.jpg.99cbb083ba45042cd48b4af30cdc3d81.jpg

The bottom right of this triangle forms an arrow that points to the deepest and darkest corner of football supporterdom.

That's where I am.

There is the occasional glimmer of light like this but it hurts my eyes. I am finding it hard to gain the courage to find my way back to the triangle, let alone to bottom left or top of it!

Thank you Sheldon Cooper

• Haha 1

We aren't really unbeaten as league 1 draws count as losses.  You cannot be serious and say a draw against Cambridge is, in reality, to be counted as part of a positive run.

Personally I would rather see us lose than draw then at least we dont get people talking about the embarrassment of lots of draws against pub teams as some sort of Arsenal Invincibles rivalling achievement.

next time we are drawing , we should rifle in an own goal at the end to lose so we avoid this shame.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Basement Jack said:

It ended badly with Jones as manager and we couldn’t kick on in the championship

He always seemed a bit distant but he had been through a lot privately 

That said in my opinion he never got the credit for what he did when he took over. He was immense and his record is their for all to see

He did a fantastic job 

Think having got us promoted he quickly realised Mandaric wasn't going to spend the money to make us competitive at the top end of the Champ and quickly lost interest. He ended up spending more time on the golf course than the training ground. 

Was an amazing run under him before that though - made especially sweet coming from so far back to pip our bitterest rivals to promotion

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Manwë said:

I'm against it.  

Then we feast.

Cheetahs never prosper

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Our current run is looking good, but I was more impressed when Dave Jones, he took over with 12 games to go his record was WWWDWWWWDWWWDW

15 GAMES WON 12 DRAWN 3

GOAKS FOR 34 AGAINST 13 POINTS 39 hope we get another run like this now 

Under Dave Jones we had Antonio (Megson's last signing) 5 goals and 2 assists in 13 games. And friends at Sky sports our games always seen to kick off before Sheff Utd to apply the pressure

4 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Our current run is looking good, but I was more impressed when Dave Jones, he took over with 12 games to go his record was WWWDWWWWDWWWDW

15 GAMES WON 12 DRAWN 3

GOAKS FOR 34 AGAINST 13 POINTS 39 hope we get another run like this now 

How did we play 15 games when you say he took over with 12 games to go? 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Manwë said:

I'm against it.  

Then we feast.

While I like the analogy I disagree. All out attack, home and away for me. We should be like the Mongol hoards, striking fear and terror into all who stand before us. Teams should see us on their fixture list and think ‘let’s try and keep the margin down to three goals today lads’. Fear is our greatest weapon. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, CircleSeven said:

While I like the analogy I disagree. All out attack, home and away for me. We should be like the Mongol hoards, striking fear and terror into all who stand before us. Teams should see us on their fixture list and think ‘let’s try and keep the margin down to three goals today lads’. Fear is our greatest weapon. 

Hobbits anyone?