Unbeaten run with Dave Jones

13 minutes ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

Too laid back for championship, mind you he didn't get any help from upstairs in building a team to challenge for top 6,did he lose 7 on the spin? 

Nah, Milan was spending as little as possible.I remember losing to Derby 3-0 and us hardly having a kick...the tactics were give the ball to Reda..That was a massive low point for me.

5 hours ago, CircleSeven said:

While I like the analogy I disagree. All out attack, home and away for me. We should be like the Mongol hoards, striking fear and terror into all who stand before us. Teams should see us on their fixture list and think ‘let’s try and keep the margin down to three goals today lads’. Fear is our greatest weapon. 

Surely we should be like an elite star troop force with Bannan at the helm, buzzing our saucer around the opps box and then, with sublime space rays, fade the ball through for Windass to zap it into the back of net and make everyone wonder "what the hell was that?" and go join Qanon?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Plonk said:

True story I once saw a cheetah bring down an antelope in Tsavo NP in Kenya. One the most incredible things I have ever seen.

My brother can eat a large Beres Pork with everything on in three bites. Now that’s an incredible sight…

Guest DoesJackHunt
On 24/11/2021 at 17:29, Basement Jack said:

It ended badly with Jones as manager and we couldn’t kick on in the championship

He always seemed a bit distant but he had been through a lot privately 

That said in my opinion he never got the credit for what he did when he took over. He was immense and his record is their for all to see

He did a fantastic job 

He’d been through a lot of ( well at least one) netball players young enough to be his daughter. We would have kicked on  under Megson and gone up after the derby win in my opinion. Dave Jones was a rubbish manager. He inherited a winning team that just kept winning, he didn’t have to do anything with it.  Then when we got to the championship he continued to play exactly the same team every week despite us getting mullered. That 3 0 defeat at derby away was one of the biggest sh!t shows of a performance I’ve ever seen from a Wednesday team. He never came to training, probably because he was balls deep in said net ball player and then he would arrogantly spout off in the press that no one could do a better job than him, only for his assistant to take over when he was sacked and instantly do a better job then him.

I didn’t like him and despite his lucky promotion, he for me goes down as one of our worst managers and a pretty awful human being to boot. 

On 24/11/2021 at 18:15, simpark said:

Think having got us promoted he quickly realised Mandaric wasn't going to spend the money to make us competitive at the top end of the Champ and quickly lost interest. He ended up spending more time on the golf course than the training ground. 

Was an amazing run under him before that though - made especially sweet coming from so far back to pip our bitterest rivals to promotion

Think this is spot on. Initially he did a great job but did lose interest and stopped going to training 

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

He’d been through a lot of ( well at least one) netball players young enough to be his daughter. We would have kicked on  under Megson and gone up after the derby win in my opinion. Dave Jones was a rubbish manager. He inherited a winning team that just kept winning, he didn’t have to do anything with it.  Then when we got to the championship he continued to play exactly the same team every week despite us getting mullered. That 3 0 defeat at derby away was one of the biggest sh!t shows of a performance I’ve ever seen from a Wednesday team. He never came to training, probably because he was balls deep in said net ball player and then he would arrogantly spout off in the press that no one could do a better job than him, only for his assistant to take over when he was sacked and instantly do a better job then him.

I didn’t like him and despite his lucky promotion, he for me goes down as one of our worst managers and a pretty awful human being to boot. 

Rubbish we were only going one way under Megson and it was the opposite to the way we went. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
20 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Rubbish we were only going one way under Megson and it was the opposite to the way we went. 

Rubbish to you sir 

2 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Stop sitting on the fence and just say what you mean

Guest DoesJackHunt
1 minute ago, Jim Wonk said:

Stop sitting on the fence and just say what you mean

Hahaha and while I’m at it, Kevin Pressman was sh!te…..There, I said it ! 

1 minute ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Hahaha and while I’m at it, Kevin Pressman was sh!te…..There, I said it ! 

For some reason even though the mind the gap season was amazing, I could never take to Dave Jones , don’t know what it was? He just never came over as a likeable bloke. Not that it matters I suppose, he probably wouldave said same about me. I never liked Gary Megson much either, or Nigel Pearson or John Sheridan for that matter( media persona I’m on about obviously.) It’s all results based at the end of day isn’t it. Keep winning and nobody cares

Jones' problem was the loan signing of Jay Bothroyd

On paper, a fantastic loan signing.

End result, arguably the worst loan we've ever had. He completely destroyed the dressing room morale, giving it the big I am. Yet despite poor performance after poor performance, Jones kept picking him.

He was never afraid to drop Martin Taylor after a bad game but for some unknown reason, not Bothroyd. 

1 minute ago, katie melua said:

Jones kept picking him.

He was never afraid to drop Martin Taylor after a bad game but for some unknown reason, not Bothroyd. 

I was told he had to keep playing him...some contract thingie...he didn't want to be here at all never mind playing

Guest DoesJackHunt
3 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

For some reason even though the mind the gap season was amazing, I could never take to Dave Jones , don’t know what it was? He just never came over as a likeable bloke. Not that it matters I suppose, he probably wouldave said same about me. I never liked Gary Megson much either, or Nigel Pearson or John Sheridan for that matter( media persona I’m on about obviously.) It’s all results based at the end of day isn’t it. Keep winning and nobody cares

Well Jim Wonk, I can tell you want it was about Dave Jones. He was a lazy, cheating, arrogant nob waffle.  
It’s arrogance isn’t it, horrible personality trait and those guys, unfortunately, have it (media persona obviously). I’ve no idea what they’re actually like, apart from Dave Jones who i’ve decided is a 100% bonafide tw@t flannel. 

You can’t like everyone and you seem to be a fairly good judge of character in my opinion.  
like you say though, I would probably have a soft spot for Kim Jong-Un if he got us back to back promotions.