Unbeaten run with Dave Jones

8 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Well Jim Wonk, I can tell you want it was about Dave Jones. He was a lazy, cheating, arrogant nob waffle.  
It’s arrogance isn’t it, horrible personality trait and those guys, unfortunately, have it (media persona obviously). I’ve no idea what they’re actually like, apart from Dave Jones who i’ve decided is a 100% bonafide tw@t flannel. 

You can’t like everyone and you seem to be a fairly good judge of character in my opinion.  
like you say though, I would probably have a soft spot for Kim Jong-Un if he got us back to back promotions. 

I completely disagree. Jones was a lovely bloke through and through. Mind, I never met him, and don't know much about him. But what a guy! 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, DoesJackHunt said:

Well Jim Wonk, I can tell you want it was about Dave Jones. He was a lazy, cheating, arrogant nob waffle.  
It’s arrogance isn’t it, horrible personality trait and those guys, unfortunately, have it (media persona obviously). I’ve no idea what they’re actually like, apart from Dave Jones who i’ve decided is a 100% bonafide tw@t flannel. 

You can’t like everyone and you seem to be a fairly good judge of character in my opinion.  
like you say though, I would probably have a soft spot for Kim Jong-Un if he got us back to back promotions. 

Tw@t flannel and nob wafflelol

I think JML sell them in Wilkos 

• Like 1

Guest DoesJackHunt
2 hours ago, bobness said:

I completely disagree. Jones was a lovely bloke through and through. Mind, I never met him, and don't know much about him. But what a guy! 

Lovely man 

Guest DoesJackHunt
7 hours ago, Daniele Giovanni said:

WTF let Megson go FFS he was not the inspiring manager you all think he was, played for Wednesday that's it

How dare you !
I must encourage you to take that statement back sir !

On 24/11/2021 at 16:31, Daniele Giovanni said:

Our current run is looking good, but I was more impressed when Dave Jones, he took over with 12 games to go his record was WWWDWWWWDWWWDW

15 GAMES WON 12 DRAWN 3

GOAKS FOR 34 AGAINST 13 POINTS 39 hope we get another run like this now 

Oh Oh! I checked the urban dictionary definition for 'Goak'. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=goak

• Thanks 1

On 24/11/2021 at 19:37, edmontonowl said:

Cheetahs never prosper

Some stats to back this universal truth. A cheetah's hunt success rate is 58%, so if a team of cheetahs was in league one, they would kill 6.4 of the opposition players, which would cause the match to be abandoned, unless the referee was among the 58% devoured. Although the cheetah's would undoubtedly go on a fabulous unbeaten run, they are notoriously poor at understanding the rules of football and would end up with too many goalless draws, which would probably see them relegated over a 46 game season. Crowds would probably diminish too, although this method did gain popularity during Roman times, when an exciting game was preferred over final league position.

• Haha 1

On 25/11/2021 at 01:30, mcmigo said:

We aren't really unbeaten as league 1 draws count as losses.  You cannot be serious and say a draw against Cambridge is, in reality, to be counted as part of a positive run.

Personally I would rather see us lose than draw then at least we dont get people talking about the embarrassment of lots of draws against pub teams as some sort of Arsenal Invincibles rivalling achievement.

next time we are drawing , we should rifle in an own goal at the end to lose so we avoid this shame.

didnt we come from behind away? we have no divine right to turn up and win away

On 24/11/2021 at 16:31, Daniele Giovanni said:

Our current run is looking good, but I was more impressed when Dave Jones, he took over with 12 games to go his record was WWWDWWWWDWWWDW

15 GAMES WON 12 DRAWN 3

GOAKS FOR 34 AGAINST 13 POINTS 39 hope we get another run like this now 

Jones had a lot of luck.

some os the wins could easily have been draws or losses

Down to the ginger one

41 minutes ago, owlsdreamer said:

Jones had a lot of luck.

some os the wins could easily have been draws or losses

Down to the ginger one

The ginger one wasn't there, had he been in charge still those wins we had with Jones would definetly had been draw and losses. Thank you Milan for getting rid of ZZZ🥱

• Haha 1

On 24/11/2021 at 17:29, Basement Jack said:

It ended badly with Jones as manager and we couldn’t kick on in the championship

He always seemed a bit distant but he had been through a lot privately 

That said in my opinion he never got the credit for what he did when he took over. He was immense and his record is their for all to see

He did a fantastic job 

Yeah I’m more in this way of thinking than believing he was a charlatan.  It was never lost on me that he signed Loovens, but got sacked before he could play him and then we suddenly improved defensively.  People always put that solely down to Gray but having Loovens in that defence was a huge calming influence.  Jones is not in my top 3 managers of the past 28 years of support but he’s certainly nowhere near the worst we’ve had

• Like 1