Surely Untenable Now

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

We will see.

At present, it looks like a style of play ill suited to the players at his disposal.

I'm not sold at all on the 3-5-2 system. Very much looks like we are crowbarring players into it.

I agree with you, as without the quick and energetic runners in the 2 at the top I don’t think it will work to the extent we need it to work.  
If we  don’t fix that in jan then the gamble will be we stick and prob don’t go up, but find those players in summer and fit them in. Or abandon completely and try and switch formations and see what happens this season.

the huge error , by whoever made it , was not signing loan or perm a central forward who is quick. Our whole system doesn’t work as it should for that reason . 

So let me get this Reyt ….  If Chansiri sells up tommorow , Darren Moore all

of a sudden becomes a top manager ?? 

Forgive me for not been totally sold on that one 

3 hours ago, Asio otus said:

Your still missing the point. Any decent manager would stay well clear. Most people in the game no the problem is how the club is run. The history of evidence is overwhelming, unfortunately our chairman won't let go.

Any decent manager domestically, yes perhaps…but there must be a huge talented number of managers across the globe. It’s the clubs job to identify these people and bring them in.

7 hours ago, striker said:

Nah, surely got to be Jimmy Carr. With his new hair would be like replacing his mate Carlos.

Can just imagine that laugh in the post match interview when being asked why he played Paterson at CB.

jimmy-carr-idk.gif.dd5467bb91bbbb91a9a4ffc3c2f5305f.gif

Jimmy should present a show on here every Saturday evening. They should call it - 8 out of 10 G!ts have a Meltdown 🤣

• Haha 1

I welcome some stats on SWFC manager win %'s from Rotherham Owl.

But I am concerned that the table includes Pizzza Cup games against the likes of Newcastle Under 21's.

Clearly Carvahal, Monk, Pulis did not have the benefit of such "easy" fixtures.

Is there anyone who could post the SWFC manager win percentages excluding the Papa Johns Trophy?

It would be good to see just how bad Moore really is in comparison with others..

2 hours ago, Royal_D said:

So let me get this Reyt ….  If Chansiri sells up tommorow , Darren Moore all

of a sudden becomes a top manager ?? 

Forgive me for not been totally sold on that one 

Don't think anyone has said that TBF.

It's more a case of Chansiri's ownership being a drag on our potential. DM will be no better a manager (although maybe a smart owner could support him better) but better managers are probably going to be stifled and held back as long as DC is our owner.

28 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

It's more a case of Chansiri's ownership being a drag on our potential. DM will be no better a manager (although maybe a smart owner could support him better) but better managers are probably going to be stifled and held back as long as DC is our owner.

TBF Chansiri has backed Moore 100% to be able to give it a good go this season but he just isn't up to the job IMO. 

Any new manager coming in certainly won't get 14 new players.

Totally agree Beauchief Owl.

I suspect that very few of us saw the influx of new players happening in the summer.

Yes, they were free's and loans but even so signing on fees and wages will still have been needed to attract them.

What we need to do now is focus on removing the hapless Moore or as Orlando Trustfull refers to him:  "Tim, Tim, nice but dim"

9 hours ago, mcmigo said:

We have lost 3 out of 17 league games and not lost in the league since Oxford.  We are a couple of points outside the play offs and progressing in a tournament - Papa Johns - we have a chance of winning unlike the FA cup.

If you take out the game last night - which as I said on the matchday thread was a game that it was fine to lose - we are slowly improving this season.  We would be mad to fire yet another manager now, albeit we usually fire managers for losing too many league games and that never works, so why not fire a manager who doesn't lose league games for a change.

I am closer to agreeing with that opinion that sacking him, however what we are forgetting here is that the real problem which need addressing is that the CHAIRMAN IS NOT FIR FOR PURPOSE AND IS THE REASON WE ARE IN THIS DIVISION, just raided my voice a little in case you guys had forgotten this little nugget.

6 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I think they is a shortish of patience from fans and owners rather than shortish of good managers.
Past managers with reputations we would kill for now would never be given the time in modern football.

I know examples of Jack Charlton and Ron Atkinson have been used a lot on here, they would have been sacked long before they had time to become Wednesday heroes in todays football.

Just the way of modern football really.

Atkinson would have been sacked 10 games into our relegation season and if not then he would have been fired when went down.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sheffield_dave said:

Sunk cost fallacy.

It isn’t working with Moore. To suggest we need to stick with something that very clearly isn’t working because of time or financial investment, or based on different factors for a different scenario, is a waste of time. 

“Sacking managers before hasn’t worked” isn’t a justification to keep Moore, and it’s a sad state of affairs if that’s all that’s left. 

Nothing will work under this chairman. We are rearranging the deckchairs ok the titanic 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

One thing Wednesday fans are really great at is making villains of Wednesday managers who have tried to work at this club under the conditions that they discovered they were in, whilst giving the Chairman standing ovations at fans forums

I want Chansiri out as much as anyone else . he has destroyed our club, but you cant really blame him for Moore playing a left winger at centre half. 

14 hours ago, Beauchief Owl said:

TBF Chansiri has backed Moore 100% to be able to give it a good go this season but he just isn't up to the job IMO. 

Any new manager coming in certainly won't get 14 new players.

I think you have to qualify that by saying we had a big clear out of players at the end of last season, some on big wages. So it what wasn't just a case of Chansiri backing the manager, it was an absolute necessity, and there was minimal if any new money involved. And remember that since we were under an embargo we had to rebuild the squad with frees and loans.

But I'm not just talking about players. I also mean that we don't have the off-field set-up. Ryan Lowe is undoubtedly a good young manager, but apparently he's got a big back-room team around him at Plymouth. If he came here, would he be able to perform at the same level, or would he be held back by our dysfunctional organisation. That's what I was driving at.

Surely the point about this manager debate that’s being missed is how much is this manager being paid per year to deliver the goods. I’d like to bet there are a fair proportion of folks on here that either are or were  in management at some level. Do folks think Mr Moore is worth the money he earns? It will definitely be a lot more than we have ever dreamed of receiving….as I’ve said before who is doing his appraisal.

I’m not convinced that our squad is good enough to be much higher than it is. In fact with the injuries I think over the next 5 games we could be in the bottom half. Hope I’m wrong

There are problems that no managers have fixed… unable to come back from a losing position, points thrown away when winning, especially late on in games.  This is partly a manager issue but it runs deeper.

I don’t think Moore is doing great, and his selections are a bit strange at times. But I don’t know who we could get to do better. Plus he is trying to get the team to play a certain way, I’d like to see if he can do it otherwise it’s yet a new manager and a new way of doing things and in 6 months we will no doubt be in the same position

wow that’s a depressing post