Surely Untenable Now

9 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Could we do any worse really regarding Bullen or Thompson on a temporary basis till December? 

It’s 3 league games next week then the papa johns against Hartlepool.

Maybe they couldn’t do much worse but given how quickly the games are coming up I’d be surprised if he sacks him this week. He’d need to sack him tomorrow to get Bullen or Thompson in for Accrington on Saturday

2 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

First time in my life I've sort of given up, didn't renew because of Chancer, lost interest, knew we would lose tonight and whilst driving to Manchester I listened to Wales v Belgium on the radio, that's what this Pŕick has done to me, its actually the lowest I've been whilst watching Wednesday lower then the Dave Allen era and that includes Irvine.

The club is dying with this owner in charge

I didnt know we were playing until I scolled down my results page, been watching the WC quali's. For once Wednesday didnt ruin my day!

• Like 1

We’ve been here countless times before and we will be again. Once you’ve lost the fans here,  it’s difficult if nigh on impossible to get them back on side. 

Moore’s big on togetherness and being in it together. A noble concept but one that’ll never work at this football club. Why? Go to a match, read the views on here, listen to Football Heaven.

In relation to views on their club Wednesday Fans will be the group that are constantly on different pages. The only Chairman in my lifetime who didn’t really attract criticism was Mandaric. In terms of managers maybe Atkinson? As successful here as Charlton and Wilkinson were, they still had their critics. I remember John Sheridan getting mullered by our fans after missing a penalty against Oxford in a season where he was sensational not least scoring the goal that won us our only piece of silverware in the modern era.

Now we’re all guilty of having differing views. I still get criticism from the gaffer and others for supposedly hounding out the managerial god that was Garry Monk. I think the last 21 years have killed the spirit of the average Wednesday Fan. The pandemic didn’t help. I think some fans realised perhaps with some justification that they were happier when Wednesday weren’t playing and they didn’t miss the chore that attending Wednesday matches had become?

I think we’re staring in to the abyss at the minute and we need something to happen to get things going again. Change of Owner? Change of Manager? Perhaps a change in attitude from us? Because whoever replaces DC or Moore is going get criticised by the fan base.

Anyway the task is trying to get 3 points from Accrington on Saturday. What is certain, whatever the result, there will be no collective happiness on here and someone is bound to post should we win that it’s only papering over the cracks 🤣

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jim said:

We’ve been here countless times before and we will be again. Once you’ve lost the fans here,  it’s difficult if nigh on impossible to get them back on side. 

Moore’s big on togetherness and being in it together. A noble concept but one that’ll never work at this football club. Why? Go to a match, read the views on here, listen to Football Heaven.

In relation to views on their club Wednesday Fans will be the group that are constantly on different pages. The only Chairman in my lifetime who didn’t really attract criticism was Mandaric. In terms of managers maybe Atkinson? As successful here as Charlton and Wilkinson were, they still had their critics. I remember John Sheridan getting mullered by our fans after missing a penalty against Oxford in a season where he was sensational not least scoring the goal that won us our only piece of silverware in the modern era.

Now we’re all guilty of having differing views. I still get criticism from the gaffer and others for supposedly hounding out the managerial god that was Garry Monk. I think the last 21 years have killed the spirit of the average Wednesday Fan. The pandemic didn’t help. I think some fans realised perhaps with some justification that they were happier when Wednesday weren’t playing and they didn’t miss the chore that attending Wednesday matches had become?

I think we’re staring in to the abyss at the minute and we need something to happen to get things going again. Change of Owner? Change of Manager? Perhaps a change in attitude from us? Because whoever replaces DC or Moore is going get criticised by the fan base.

Anyway the task is trying to get 3 points from Accrington on Saturday. What is certain, whatever the result, there will be no collective happiness on here and someone is bound to post should we win that it’s only papering over the cracks 🤣

Yes you’re right it’s the fans fault.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

After Carlos, Jos looked like the worst manager in our history. His biggest problem was freezing out key players, he had to go.. then Monk somehow did even worse, which I don’t understand really as how can you go from a team that’s 3rd at Xmas (albeit punching) to a team that wins 4 from 23 second half of the season.

Moore is the worst of the lot.. no new manager bounce, had multiple chances to keep us up last season (yes he had covid but his backroom staff were calling the shots), failed against Derby. Then this season apart from the first few games which could have been different had the opposition not missed 2 pens, the results have been an embarrassment to the club.

Theres no way at all he comes back from this and gets us where we need to go. I can’t imagine any other clubs fans taking this. Newcastle fans cry because they don’t compete in the top half of the Prem, imagine how they’d be in our position.

Pretty easy really, just stop paying them.

• Like 1

Whilst I’ve been very underwhelmed by Moore’s performance this year, I still live in hope that he turns this around and gets us moving up the league. 

I’m hopeful that any team at this level with Windass, Bannan, Luongo, Dunkley and Iorfa in it will be strong enough to win a bunch of games. He’s not had all his best players available for any game this season so I’ll reserve judgment until then. We’re not that far off and the league is pish poor. 

I agree now. There is absolutely no signs of improvement or progression. The same things are happening again and again and that ultimately falls on DM. We could literally be sat here in 4 months time having the exact same conversation and he needs to go soon to give us any chance this season.  

• Like 1

Guest mrbluesky
7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

SACK THE MANAGER

SACK THE COACHING STAFF

SACK THE MEDICAL TEAM AND PHYSIOS

SACK THE CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER AND ALL HIS TEAM 

AND WITH THE PLAYERS HAVE A PROPER CLEEEEAR AHHHHHT AND GET RID OF T’LOT OF EM

I mean we have a terriffic success rate of this in recent years I’m 100% totally convinced it’ll work this time 

Just the one thing missing off that list...

11 minutes ago, Screen Door Slams said:

It`s glaringly clear that DM doesn`t have the chops for this job , but do you have confidence in DC picking a decent replacement ?

Apparently DM got the job cus he made him laugh , so who next in the hot seat ....Kevin Bridges ?

Nah, surely got to be Jimmy Carr. With his new hair would be like replacing his mate Carlos.

Can just imagine that laugh in the post match interview when being asked why he played Paterson at CB.

jimmy-carr-idk.gif.dd5467bb91bbbb91a9a4ffc3c2f5305f.gif

9 hours ago, Rev Owl said:

I can hear you and to some extent I'm with you but...

What is the alternative?

Do you think Moore will come good?

I'm all for giving managers time but I can't see enough to really believe he can do it.

LOOK AT HIS CV

• Like 1

9 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

SACK THE MANAGER

SACK THE COACHING STAFF

SACK THE MEDICAL TEAM AND PHYSIOS

SACK THE CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER AND ALL HIS TEAM 

AND WITH THE PLAYERS HAVE A PROPER CLEEEEAR AHHHHHT AND GET RID OF T’LOT OF EM

I mean we have a terriffic success rate of this in recent years I’m 100% totally convinced it’ll work this time 

Spot on with this. When will people learn.

• Haha 1