Surely Untenable Now

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Can't remember last time there was serious(manager) out chants. Who would it have been.?

Major tuts and groans don't count, always get them.

Think I remember a fairly loud...'you don't know what you're doing'...Jones I think 🤔

Jos had it a few times towards the end.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Worse than Jos?

Jos managed to somehow get a better points per game record for a year in the Championship versus Moore having half his time here in League 1.

As much as be was dire, Jos at least got a real tune out of Joao and Nuhiu plus Adam Reach, beating some really decent sides along the way.

Darren Moore's biggest achievement for Wednesday is beating Cardiff, Wigan and Sunderland which have all proven to be freak results.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

First time in my life I've sort of given up, didn't renew because of Chancer, lost interest, knew we would lose tonight and whilst driving to Manchester I listened to Wales v Belgium on the radio, that's what this Pŕick has done to me, its actually the lowest I've been whilst watching Wednesday lower then the Dave Allen era and that includes Irvine.

The club is dying with this owner in charge

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Jos managed to somehow get a better points per game record for a year in the Championship versus Moore having half his time here in League 1.

As much as be was dire, Jos at least got a real tune out of Joao and Nuhiu plus Adam Reach, beating some really decent sides along the way.

Darren Moore's biggest achievement for Wednesday is beating Cardiff, Wigan and Sunderland which have all proven to be freak results.

Jos had better players to work with than Moore though. The 3 you’ve named there all walk into the current team for a start.

When was the last time we were as short at centre half as we are now and had a worse front two than Kamberi and Berahino?

Guest LondonOwl313
34 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

After Carlos, Jos looked like the worst manager in our history. His biggest problem was freezing out key players, he had to go.. then Monk somehow did even worse, which I don’t understand really as how can you go from a team that’s 3rd at Xmas (albeit punching) to a team that wins 4 from 23 second half of the season.

Moore is the worst of the lot.. no new manager bounce, had multiple chances to keep us up last season (yes he had covid but his backroom staff were calling the shots), failed against Derby. Then this season apart from the first few games which could have been different had the opposition not missed 2 pens, the results have been an embarrassment to the club.

Theres no way at all he comes back from this and gets us where we need to go. I can’t imagine any other clubs fans taking this. Newcastle fans cry because they don’t compete in the top half of the Prem, imagine how they’d be in our position.

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Jos had better players to work with than Moore though. The 3 you’ve named there all walk into the current team for a start.

When was the last time we were as short at centre half as we are now and had a worse front two than Kamberi and Berahino?

Jos had better opposition than Cheltenham, Gillingham and Wimbledon though. 

Berahino is a bad signing and that’s purely on Moore too as it’s his mate from WBA. 

I know we’re short in certain areas but we’ve also got an under 23s team.. some of these should be stepping up to cover, that’s one of the benefits of league 1 in that you can blood the youngsters. Even with Hutchinson, Iorfa and Gibson out we’ve still got Dunkley, Brennan and the guy who’s name begins with A (we signed from Southampton and he played vs Harrogate). We should have enough to field a team without playing most of the squad out of position 

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Jos had better opposition than Cheltenham, Gillingham and Wimbledon though. 

Berahino is a bad signing and that’s purely on Moore too as it’s his mate from WBA. 

I know we’re short in certain areas but we’ve also got an under 23s team.. some of these should be stepping up to cover, that’s one of the benefits of league 1 in that you can blood the youngsters. Even with Hutchinson, Iorfa and Gibson out we’ve still got Dunkley, Brennan and the guy who’s name begins with A (we signed from Southampton and he played vs Harrogate). We should have enough to field a team without playing most of the squad out of position 

Agree on the berahino signing - that one is on Moore.

But when you’re in a transfer embargo how much quality can you realistically bring in at centre forward?

Can you name one striker that’s been good for Wednesday that was signed on a free transfer?

Guest LondonOwl313
Just now, pat blondeau said:

Agree on the berahino signing - that one is on Moore.

But when you’re in a transfer embargo how much quality can you realistically bring in at centre forward?

Can you name one striker that’s been good for Wednesday that was signed on a free transfer?

I don’t think Gregory is that bad.. Fletcher, Nuhui were frees I think.. Deon Burton and Tudgay, not sure if either of those were undisclosed though. 

We’re missing Windass a lot, but tbh what concerns me most is the formations and tactics, plus organisation with and without the ball. None of this stuff is good enough.

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t think Gregory is that bad.. Fletcher, Nuhui were frees I think.. Deon Burton and Tudgay, not sure if either of those were undisclosed though. 

We’re missing Windass a lot, but tbh what concerns me most is the formations and tactics, plus organisation with and without the ball. None of this stuff is good enough.

Gregory was a decent signing for where we are but he’s 33 year old with a bad recent injury record so the chances of getting of full season out of him were slim as we’re seeing.

We paid fees for both Burton and Tudgay. And Fletcher was on about 40k a week so you can’t really class him as a free signing.

We were never going to get a proven goalscorer at a good age with the budget and restrictions we had this summer. And you can’t blame Moore for that, that’s down to the owner 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

SACK THE MANAGER

SACK THE COACHING STAFF

SACK THE MEDICAL TEAM AND PHYSIOS

SACK THE CHIEF OPERATING OFFICER AND ALL HIS TEAM 

AND WITH THE PLAYERS HAVE A PROPER CLEEEEAR AHHHHHT AND GET RID OF T’LOT OF EM

I mean we have a terriffic success rate of this in recent years I’m 100% totally convinced it’ll work this time 

If we want to have atleast a slim chance of bringing some much needed success to this sad state of a club then we need to act now.

Unfortunately as others have said, it seems we have an owner who has lost interest and decided to put his toy back in the cupboard leaving it to collect dust. 

Yes Chansiri is certainly to made held more responsible for the mess of this club and its first team

The only comparable season really is the 04/05 League 1 promotion season where we had a clear out for a host of new signings- all frees or loans.

Really similar, we won 3 of the first 4 games but then had a wobble, not winning any of the next 5 games which saw Laws get the boot and Sturrock come in.

We'd only played 9 league games at that point - you could say it was a little harsh on Laws really, but Sturrock got a bunch of individuals playing as a team in a more purposeful way (I always thought Aljofree was a great addition to the squad even though he got injured after a couple of games?) once we got going in November and particularly December once Kenwyne Jones arrived we looked a proper animal.  All got a bit edgy near the end but we did enough in what was also a pretty crap standard division that year.

Would it have happened under Laws? Probably not. I imagine we would have fallen short, like I think we'll do if we keep DM on now.

We've got far more proven players this time around, yet they clearly don't have a bloody clue what they're really meant to be doing. 

Massive mistake leaving it any longer to change.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

The only comparable season really is the 04/05 League 1 promotion season where we had a clear out for a host of new signings- all frees or loans.

Really similar, we won 3 of the first 4 games but then had a wobble, not winning any of the next 5 games which saw Laws get the boot and Sturrock come in.

We'd only played 9 league games at that point - you could say it was a little harsh on Laws really, but Sturrock got a bunch of individuals playing as a team in a more purposeful way (I always thought Aljofree was a great addition to the squad even though he got injured after a couple of games?) once we got going in November and particularly December once Kenwyne Jones arrived we looked a proper animal.  All got a bit edgy near the end but we did enough in what was also a pretty crap standard division that year.

Would it have happened under Laws? Probably not. I imagine we would have fallen short, like I think we'll do if we keep DM on now.

We've got far more proven players this time around, yet they clearly don't have a bloody clue what they're really meant to be doing. 

Do you mean Turner fella? Not Laws

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

If we want to have atleast a slim chance of bringing some much needed success to this sad state of a club then we need to act now.

Unfortunately as others have said, it seems we have an owner who has lost interest and decided to put his toy back in the cupboard leaving it to collect dust. 

Yes Chansiri is certainly to made held more responsible for the mess of this club and its first team

When the game finished tonight it was about 4am in Thailand.

Chansiri definitely won’t have watched the game tonight and probably doesn’t even know the score yet.

So I’d be surprised if he acts quickly and even he does where does it leave us? Would you prefer Thompson or Bullen to be leading us into the Accrington, MK Dons and Wycombe games next week? There’s no time for a new man to come in before those games.

Now we’re out of the cup we’ve a free week at the start of December so if DC is going to sack him that’s likely to be the time when he’ll do it

6 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

This season is a lot more comparable to the 03/04 or 10/11 seasons than the 04/05 season. We got off to decent starts in both 03/04 and 10/11 before it went to pot.

And Laws got the boot in 2009 when we were in the championship

12 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

When the game finished tonight it was about 4am in Thailand.

Chansiri definitely won’t have watched the game tonight and probably doesn’t even know the score yet.

So I’d be surprised if he acts quickly and even he does where does it leave us? Would you prefer Thompson or Bullen to be leading us into the Accrington, MK Dons and Wycombe games next week? There’s no time for a new man to come in before those games.

Now we’re out of the cup we’ve a free week at the start of December so if DC is going to sack him that’s likely to be the time when he’ll do it

Could we do any worse really regarding Bullen or Thompson on a temporary basis till December?