Surely Untenable Now

11 minutes ago, markg said:

Blaming managers again.

Brilliant.

Rinse and repeat.

Completely agree, but Moore is far from blameless. Also, keeping an underperforming manager in post is not in the best interests of the club either. 

Moore isn't the biggest problem at the club, but is a problem. 

• Like 5

I think most long suffering Wednesday fans would be giving Moore time if they could actually see a plan.

What was that last night?

How many times this season have we seen totally bizarre selections, formations and tactics. 

The guy is totally out of his depth and the players know it. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, striker said:

Completely agree, but Moore is far from blameless. Also, keeping an underperforming manager in post is not in the best interests of the club either. 

Moore isn't the biggest problem at the club, but is a problem. 

Yeah I agree mate.

I'm just sick to death of getting to the same point every 6 months or so

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

If Moore gets sacked fair enough, but if a new manager was appointed tomorrow I am 90% certain we would be having the same debates all over again by May.

This is what it boils down to for me. I'm sick of it. 

The problem we have is as a club we are too nice. Look at Newcastle United as a comparable.

They have had no where near as much to deal with as a club as we have. Yet they were always kicking off at their managers and chairman. Especially any manager that seemed like the chairman puppet!! Cough.

On social media and here, it is clear everyone is unhappy and fed up.

Go to the games and if you have no idea about OT, FB, Twitter or podcasts, the atmosphere is fairly subdued but not toxic.

Fans whine on here about the chairman yet we have a banner thanking him in the ground.

We moan about Moore on here and we have done about Jos, but never do I hear manager out chants at our club. EVER. Despite having some of the most mediocre managers in the football league.

I hope the fans on Saturday if it is Groundhog Day in that game - Turn on Moore. You can give him all the excuses about injuries, chairman etc. The fact is even with all of those variables we should be able to go to Accrington and play a correct system, entertain and have too much for them. Yet we will lose imo and play badly and that falls on Moore.

• Like 1

I do t thi k the 1st 4 games helped our cause.False expectations.I really think we are a top 10 team,we will be ok,prob just miss out on playoffs this season.Alot of IF'S and BUT'S ie them dam draws to lesser teams will kill us.

At this moment we have to stick with Moore and until I see a change in the players body language and they stop playing for him then we keep going.Player interviews i see,they all seem happy with him,the younger ones even  buzzing.

Consolidate this season,try and push for playoffs was what i was expecting.

UTO...

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If there’s no point sacking Moore because they’re isn’t better out there on the market

The obvious question is: is there a shortage of decent managers? 

Because if we can’t get better than Moore we may as well pack it in 

I think they is a shortish of patience from fans and owners rather than shortish of good managers.
Past managers with reputations we would kill for now would never be given the time in modern football.

I know examples of Jack Charlton and Ron Atkinson have been used a lot on here, they would have been sacked long before they had time to become Wednesday heroes in todays football.

Just the way of modern football really.

• Like 1

14 new players brought in during the summer so we could end up playing an adhoc 3-5-2 system with various players out of position.

It is shambolic tbh.

The guy manages like he's on pre-season duty and he is experimenting with a few things.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

If there’s no point sacking Moore because they’re isn’t better out there on the market

No. But there's a shortage of decent managers on the market, managers we could collectively have a high degree of confidence in. And - if we're honest - there's a shortage of decent managers at L1 level or higher who would be dumb enough to accept a poisoned chalice like our club.

I'm sure there are managers who could do a better job than DM. But we're going to have to cast the net pretty wide, and take some risks. Would we do what Plymouth or Bolton did, and recruit a lower league manager? Would we do what Blackpool did and recruit someone with no front line experience from someone else's coaching staff? That would require bravery from DC, and I suspect would be unpalatable to many of our fans.

1 hour ago, mcmigo said:

Out of interest what would you restructure?

Often when fans have said this, it starts and ends with ' hire a director of football' and 'change the philosophy' including getting the under 8's playing tica taka.  

It's a fair question, which does usually generate the demand for the DoF position, that said such a move really does require patience and i'm not sure the club is even set up for such a role. 

I do believe upgrades are needed to the sports medicine team, sports science side of things seems to be massively lacking, as does the performance analysis aspect of the club too. As a club, we are really lacking structure, it is very disjointed and not surprising we have a manager who doesn't know exactly why we have so many injuries. We also have some pretty poor coaches too, but then that's football, it has always been a 'job for the boys' sport. Then you have the more senior/board level positions. I know that DC likes to keep this all hidden and won't reveal names or roles of advisors.

It probably doesn't help how much DC has a 'them Vs us' mentality either. 

41 minutes ago, markg said:

Yeah I agree mate.

I'm just sick to death of getting to the same point every 6 months or so

Me too, I genuinely thought Moore was the right appointment. 

I'll accept when I am wrong, it's getting to the time when Chansiri does likewise regarding this appointment. Although, I'm not at all confident of him ever getting it right TBH. 

I'd love nothing more than to have some stability, but has to be built on something of substance.

45 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Because if we can’t get better than Moore we may as well pack it in 

Your still missing the point. Any decent manager would stay well clear. Most people in the game no the problem is how the club is run. The history of evidence is overwhelming, unfortunately our chairman won't let go.

25 minutes ago, striker said:

Me too, I genuinely thought Moore was the right appointment. 

I'll accept when I am wrong, it's getting to the time when Chansiri does likewise regarding this appointment. Although, I'm not at all confident of him ever getting it right TBH. 

I'd love nothing more than to have some stability, but has to be built on something of substance.

This is the problem...

Who does Mr C get in? 

Tbf, I thought Moore looked like quite an interesting appointment. Lower league manager, but one who had received some decent press for his efforts at West Brom and Doncaster. A younger manager looking to prove himself, who reportedly had a track record of playing decent, attacking football. 

Instead, he appears to be utterly clueless, constantly changes his teams and plays boring, bland, nothing football...

Chansiri has had two decent appointments - Carlos and Bruce. 

Everyone else has been decidedly crap. 

• Like 1

As we know the problems are at the top. Darren Moore is simply the guy who is at the forefront of it all while the rel culprit is appearing to get away scot free, hec we still have a banner up thanking him ffs. I'm not saying Moore is blameless, far from it. The changing of players week in week out, the different formations, players so far out of position it's unreal are ALL his fault. But, DC must be sat at home thinking these supporters are as thick as me. I've created all this mess and Moore takes the flack.

I can't recall one, not one single chant of Chansiri get out of our club, but we'll have a pop at Moore at every opportunity. I'll reiterate, I am not backing Moore in the slightest. He picks the side, formation, tactics etc. He is to blame for what is currently being served up, but the reason we are serving up crap each week is down to the guy who told Moore what he can spend at the shops. Oh, hang on, you can't spend anything, look in the bargain bucket for the stuff marked past it's sell by date or broken.

Everything points to one man who is again silent and appears from the outside to be doing nothing,having put us here in the first place. 

Out of sight out of mind.

32 minutes ago, SiJ said:

This is the problem...

Who does Mr C get in? 

Tbf, I thought Moore looked like quite an interesting appointment. Lower league manager, but one who had received some decent press for his efforts at West Brom and Doncaster. A younger manager looking to prove himself, who reportedly had a track record of playing decent, attacking football. 

Instead, he appears to be utterly clueless, constantly changes his teams and plays boring, bland, nothing football...

Chansiri has had two decent appointments - Carlos and Bruce. 

Everyone else has been decidedly crap. 

Re the football .

I can see what he trying to do - it is clearly similar to how some of the prem teams are trying to play (maybe arsenal is clearest comparison) .  But it really does rely on energy and pace right across the attacking line and we just don’t have that at all centrally.  Without that the system doesn’t work as it is too easy to defend against by walking us up the pitch and sending bannan backwards.

we have two choices

1.  We abandon the system and way of playing and instead go back to a more rigid / traditional set up

2. we stick with it and find a quick forward player or two  in January and pray they stay fit . 

It’s a hard call. We have made some progress this season and defenders and goalies looking better playing out now.  But we aren’t going to be challenging at top without sorting 2 out .

5 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Re the football .

I can see what he trying to do - it is clearly similar to how some of the prem teams are trying to play (maybe arsenal is clearest comparison) .  But it really does rely on energy and pace right across the attacking line and we just don’t have that at all centrally.  Without that the system doesn’t work as it is too easy to defend against by walking us up the pitch and sending bannan backwards.

we have two choices

1.  We abandon the system and way of playing and instead go back to a more rigid / traditional set up

2. we stick with it and find a quick forward player or two  in January and pray they stay fit . 

It’s a hard call. We have made some progress this season and defenders and goalies looking better playing out now.  But we aren’t going to be challenging at top without sorting 2 out .

We will see.

At present, it looks like a style of play ill suited to the players at his disposal.

I'm not sold at all on the 3-5-2 system. Very much looks like we are crowbarring players into it.

Edited by SiJ