WEDNESDAY -V- GILLINGHAM - OMDT

2 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

A winning attacking side that had a proper formation  and setup. 

I'm sure. 

Look at the stats. We attacked constantly today. Paterson hit the post and put one wide that he should've buried. 

What formation would you have played today and with what players?

The team Moore put out is probably the best lineup we have at the moment. Gregory is injured and Windass is slowly coming back.

Luongo and Byers are again slowly returning to action.

I don't see how he's at fault for today's result I'm afraid.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Gillingham were crap, but we’ve no divine right to take three points off teams like them.

We worked hard, but evidently lack the quality to break down well organised teams that get their noses in front and then proceed to park the bus and waste time.

I’m not sure what more we could have done today.

• Like 2

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Bit over top mate, on balance we've battered them today, possession, chances, attempts etc.

Lack of quality up front did it, few times kamberi and Paterson made same runs and got in each others way in box, no understanding.

Nothing wrong approach or set up just missing quality to take the chances.

Overall better today than against Sunderland in many ways.

Then you add today's result to the ******** we've had this season against other bottom half sides and today's result is tragic. 

1 minute ago, Truth is out there said:

As a (relative) newcomer to this social media malarkey, could someone confirm how I should behave / respond. As far as I can gather:

victory: Galactico’s; HMSPTL. best squad in league

defeat: useless t0ssers; oxygen thieves; Bannan is appalling 

draw:; Moore is tactically inept & should be sacked 🤔

Agreed 100 per cent

Just now, HootHoot said:

Look at the stats. We attacked constantly today. Paterson hit the post and put one wide that he should've buried. 

What formation would you have played today and with what players?

The team Moore put out is probably the best lineup we have at the moment. Gregory is injured and Windass is slowly coming back.

Luongo and Byers are again slowly returning to action.

I don't see how he's at fault for today's result I'm afraid.

What about the rest of the cr@p this season. 

That was actually a better performance than quite a few others this season....and we were crap.

Which says it all.

Corbeanu looked a real threat. Made some poor decisions but generally he was our only decent attacking outlet.

Dunkley another great performance. Johnson did well.

The rest...poor...very poor and awful.

1 minute ago, Kew Owl said:

Gillingham were crap, but we’ve no divine right to take three points off teams like them.

We worked hard, but evidently lack the quality to break down well organised teams that get their noses in front and then proceed to park the bus and waste time.

Answer is in your post, we lack quality. 

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

6m injury time 

First booking for timewasting 95:52

full time 95:58

9 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

blew 2 secs early actually 

2 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Because I disagree with your opinion and this is a forum?

Which bit do you disagree with?

1 minute ago, quinnssweetshop said:

A winning attacking side that had a proper formation  and setup. 

I'm sure. 

Definitely. It needs someone with a more positive mindset in charge…too much caution gets you draws and that’s it. Mr Moore approaches games as if he’s scared to death of showing some attacking intent. You don’t win games at this level by passing twenty times when 2 or 3 quick passes will do the job effectively. I’m just lost as to what he thinks he’s trying to achieve at Wednesday, the objective is to get out of this God forsaken s***hole of a league pronto. Still think he’s got to be shown the exit..but not via Leppings Lane obviously.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Kew Owl said:

How many teams have we beat convincingly in the bottom half though mate ? 

20211113_171252.jpg

Just now, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

Bit over top mate, on balance we've battered them today, possession, chances, attempts etc.

Lack of quality up front did it, few times kamberi and Paterson made same runs and got in each others way in box, no understanding.

Nothing wrong approach or set up just missing quality to take the chances.

Overall better today than against Sunderland in many ways.

Stop being sensible.

We deserved to win that. Most other days we would have won it. Gillingham set out to frustrate but we got ourselves back in it. If the finishing was more clinical we would have turned it right round.

Disappointing result, but performance better than some are suggesting. No need to push the panic button.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, debram said:

What about the rest of the cr@p this season. 

I agree about the rest of the season.

My point is today I can't really blame him. We had a good result against Sunderland, a decent match against Plymouth and really should have put the game to bed today.

If we get Windass and Gregory back and he's not turning these draws into wins, then by all means, the pressure is back on.

• Like 1

Just now, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Stop being sensible.

We deserved to win that. Most other days we would have won it. Gillingham set out to frustrate but we got ourselves back in it. If the finishing was more clinical we would have turned it right round.

Disappointing result, but performance better than some are suggesting. No need to push the panic button.

Most other days? That's the issue mate, we've only won 6 out of 18 all season. So actually on most other days we don't win it. Which is the issue. Which is why not winning it today was poo . 

• Like 2