WEDNESDAY -V- GILLINGHAM - OMDT

1 hour ago, Barnsley youth said:

Exactly my point we don’t come from behind to win ain’t going to happen..best we can hope for is a draw ..great

Agree 100%...best squad my ars!!ole

Shiite

We are a bit better than we were. I’d say we are playoff contenders but miles off top two. I think I am enjoying some of the football a bit better and to be fair we are playing with a makeshift defence which doesn’t help with the stopping conceding soft goals. 

We just a bit dull. Not awful all the time. We are the footballing equivalent of rice pudding. We seem to be one scoop of jam from being a much more entertaining dish. But right now we are stodgy but just about edible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I think the acceptance from our chairman and even more so from our own fans of continual poo results and performances is really depressing.

There is literally zero winning mentality around this club. This league is dogshite, we should be putting teams like them to the sword, and we are miles off the pace. The players and management should be embarrassed. 

Fans just used to it now aren’t they. And the owner is a clueless crank. I don’t see any real shift until Chansiri sells up. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I still feel thanks to Moore that this will be a wasted season where we draw ourselves to a place outside the playoffs

Personally feel no excitement whatsoever when it’s game time. I used to feel nervous pre-kick off and during the game but now I feel MEH.

Me too, is it just down to acceptance? 

Ok once again we got just about what we deserved today and in my opinion are about where we should be in this league. We have about half a team that’s good enough and about half that ain’t. I don’t think Moore is up to the job but can’t for the life of me see how changing him will suddenly turn the bad half of this squad into top class players. People wake up please we are in a poor league with poor teams who play poor football for a reason, we too are poor and it ain’t changing any time soon

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Truth is out there said:

As a (relative) newcomer to this social media malarkey, could someone confirm how I should behave / respond. As far as I can gather:

victory: Galactico’s; HMSPTL. best squad in league

defeat: useless t0ssers; oxygen thieves; Bannan is appalling 

draw:; Moore is tactically inept & should be sacked 🤔

Don’t know about ‘newcomer’ you sound as tho’ you’ve been on here for years!!! 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Five Archers said:

Ok once again we got just about what we deserved today and in my opinion are about where we should be in this league. We have about half a team that’s good enough and about half that ain’t. I don’t think Moore is up to the job but can’t for the life of me see how changing him will suddenly turn the bad half of this squad into top class players. People wake up please we are in a poor league with poor teams who play poor football for a reason, we too are poor and it ain’t changing any time soon

Like a previous poster said, it's down to moores tactics, decisions, substitutions, ime sure a decent manager could get more from most of these players. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is he gone yet? 

The only way this club can be saved is if we  stumble across a manager that’s a perfect fit and where it just «clicks» into place. Think Holloway at Blackpool or Wilder at United. Unfortunately that’s not very likely. And it sure as hell ain’t Darren Moore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Shezza said:

Is he gone yet? 

The only way this club can be saved is if we  stumble across a manager that’s a perfect fit and where it just «clicks» into place. Think Holloway at Blackpool or Wilder at United. Unfortunately that’s not very likely. And it sure as hell ain’t Darren Moore.

It's quite clear some people are just presuming we'll click and turn into this promotion winning team in the 2nd half of the season. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HootHoot said:

Look at the stats. We attacked constantly today. Paterson hit the post and put one wide that he should've buried. 

What formation would you have played today and with what players?

The team Moore put out is probably the best lineup we have at the moment. Gregory is injured and Windass is slowly coming back.

Luongo and Byers are again slowly returning to action.

I don't see how he's at fault for today's result I'm afraid.

I appreciate your well reasoned response.. Thanks. 

It's a Managers job to set his side up to win. That wasn't a winning side, yet again. There seems little morale in the side.. Not a single time during that game did we look like scoring with any ease. 

Stats, have become a modern day get out. Shots on target mean nothing. Absolutely nothing. It's the passion and attacking intent of team that just isn't seen these days. Other than the first ten minutes, we were below mediocre. Stats or no stats. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3