Sunderland tho…

8 hours ago, SiJ said:

I'm not sure what Lee Johnson has done in his management career to suggest he is capable of managing a club the size of Sunderland.

Of course, you could say the same about Darren Moore, but I always fancy us to get a result against a Lee Johnson team. His teams try to knock it about, but are usually soft touches and prone to going on poor runs of form. That's three league defeats in a row for them, with 9 conceded and only 1 in response.

Streaky Johnson as he was know at BCFC

11 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Watching them was like watching us

Exactly this and I posted as much during the match. Shambolic passing out from the back, not brave enough in defence, isolated forward, some decent players but not able to make an impact etc etc. 
To be fair they caught us on a good day just as we decided to become a high pressing, no nonsense team playing wingbacks and two strikers….

58 minutes ago, Supersiggi2 said:

Watching them was like watching us

They looked powderpuff to me.

A team who can be bullied and intimidated.

Looked at their team and there wasnt a single player I'd be all that interested in.

On paper, we've got more quality than them. Thankfully, we actually showed it last night.

Having a look on the Sunderland Fans Forum, there are a lot of comments re Johnson not being good enough for the job.

Only two or three weeks ago they were looking like certs for automatic promotion. In addition they are the Pizza Cup holders!

Funny ol' game, as Greavsie used to say. 

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

They looked powderpuff to me.

A team who can be bullied and intimidated.

Looked at their team and there wasnt a single player I'd be all that interested in.

On paper, we've got more quality than them. Thankfully, we actually showed it last night.

I was pleased McGeady wasn't playing, however.

Always bring a decent following....They are very similar to us...It turns toxic......due to expectation levels

Lets be honest, Hillsborough looked like what it once under the lights....away end full...A Wednesday win and an atmosphere....

Wednesday fans knew they would have to get behind the team last night, simply because of the away support..They did..We won.

You saw what happened to the Sunderland defence in 3 minutes of pantomime defending, hoofing it into the air, then heading into the air before shinning it out...into the North....Down to their fear of their own fans catcalls, and the Kop taking the P

It works

We should try it with friggin' Shrewsbury etc....no offence

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, crookesowl said:

Oh it would be bad. I’d rather be us than them. 

Seems like they are going to have another failure of a season in L1.

Yes they probably are yet their name is bandied over and over for how 'hard' it is to get out of this Division.....set up to beat teams,play 2 up front,and you batter teams in this Division ,like we did last night...

Had our GK or a defender made an error,we could have soaked it up,because we had scored 3 goals

NO excuse whatsoever now,to change this victory by superior firepower

Up the Owls

Sunderland fans are a right set of drama queens. They seem to wallow in their own misery 

When they got relegated from the PL  there was a mass exodus of the Stadium of light as soon as the first opposition goal went in 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, nile said:

Defensively they were horrendous, they looked lively going forward but very weak in midfield and at the back, keeper was awful too.

I thought our first goal was soft. Though directed very well,  it was not hit fiercely and from outside the penalty area. Keeper not great at getting to it.

21 hours ago, Django said:

Sunderland fans are a right set of drama queens. They seem to wallow in their own misery 

When they got relegated from the PL  there was a mass exodus of the Stadium of light as soon as the first opposition goal went in 

Several years in this league does that to you if you were a big club

• Like 1

13 hours ago, victorturner said:

I thought our first goal was soft. Though directed very well,  it was not hit fiercely and from outside the penalty area. Keeper not great at getting to it.

Looking back at it again I was shocked their defender makes no effort at all to stick a leg out and block it or anything, looked fairly close to him. Of course I'm glad he didn't!