Darren Moore is trying to play possession based attacking football

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Nope. But don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant 

80A04BD6-97E6-4BE1-ADC5-0E838AF93232.thumb.jpeg.fd109fc25e866dedc31caa221a2fbb42.jpeg

Our possession amounts to winning the ball back, make 2-3 predictable passes and then losing the ball and repeat. Our stats suggest we are not a expansive counter attacking side nor one which plays creative football. Chances created and shots say it all - like we invite pressure rather than going for it. How many points lost so far with our negative mindset and poor play? 

• Like 2

He interviews like he thinks none of us have watched the match.

I'm not sure how the interviewers don't burst out laughing with some of the baffling things he comes out with. 

Moore is one of those managers that's easy to warm to, you really want him to do well but the longer he's here the more apparent it's becoming he doesn't know what he's doing.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Our possession amounts to winning the ball back, make 2-3 predictable passes and then losing the ball and repeat. Our stats suggest we are not a expansive counter attacking side nor one which plays creative football. Chances created and shots say it all - like we invite pressure rather than going for it. How many points lost so far with our negative mindset and poor play? 

@room0035stated “we have normally 30-40% possession both home and Away”. I post factual evidence that is not true. @airborne_rat_of_s6 asks “How many points lost so far with our negative mindset and poor play? ” Two entirely different issues. 

It’s like no one bothers to read any posts on any thread, just lurk in the shadows ready to throw in unrelated comments based on their agenda.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SiJ said:

The football is largely dull and ineffective.

Yes, the football is somewhat dull and ineffective...  certainly by the standards of the first four games, probably it's about as exciting and effective as I expected pre-season. 

But sides playing 442 and direct football can be dull and ineffective too.  442 is exciting when a team gets on top, but do we really have the players for it?  I think we lack skill on the wings, from the little we've seen of Shodipo, Sow and Corbeanu so far, and even more important we lack a good midfield pair for 442.

8 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

@room0035stated “we have normally 30-40% possession both home and Away”. I post factual evidence that is not true. @airborne_rat_of_s6 asks “How many points lost so far with our negative mindset and poor play? ” Two entirely different issues. 

It’s like no one bothers to read any posts on any thread, just lurk in the shadows ready to throw in unrelated comments based on their agenda.

Look at me post of the year............

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, WalworthOwl said:

Yes, the football is somewhat dull and ineffective...  certainly by the standards of the first four games, probably it's about as exciting and effective as I expected pre-season. 

But sides playing 442 and direct football can be dull and ineffective too.  442 is exciting when a team gets on top, but do we really have the players for it?  I think we lack skill on the wings, from the little we've seen of Shodipo, Sow and Corbeanu so far, and even more important we lack a good midfield pair for 442.

Yes, we have the players for it. 

Theo Corbeanu is a very gifted player, and Shodipo scored goals for a decent Oxford side last year. 

Sow also looks skilful. 

Of course they’ve all been disappointing so far this season, but that’s due to Moore either not playing them, playing them out of position, as well as constantly tinkering with the team/formation every week. 

None of them have had a proper chance. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Wigan we had 36% of the possession

Bolton we had 39% of the possession

Ipswich we had 46% of the possession

We can have all the possession in the world but if we are sat in our half it mean diddly squat.

So over the season so far we have had 51% possess but again good footballing teams as above we have been no where near that figure.

I suspect tomorrow again Lincoln, though they are not in form, they do play football we will have less of the ball.

But the old adage goals win games. 7 of the top 8 have 20+ goals we have 14. 

Before Cambridge and Wimbledon two team we failed to beat in 16th and 17th in the league we had had 21 shots on target in 7 games. 

Liverpool best Cardiff 5-0 last week end they had 76% of the possession, 19 shots and 8 on target. That's what you call possession football. Is passing the ball along the back 4 is boring football not front foot attacking football.

We at least need to be in the other half 😁😁😁😁

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I like Moore as a bloke and is no doubt respected in the football world.

But he is a one trick pony when it comes to management styles, defensive.

did he ever cross the half way line with the ball at his feet when playing? 

we need a manager who plays on the front foot and not back foot with this set of players, a complete different mind set from what we have going on right now.

trying to win 1.0 every week with this set of players is criminal

• Like 4

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

The football is largely dull and ineffective.

Moore compounds issues by changing his team/formation every game.

This, this, this ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If we had a new manager watching from the stands he’d get all of our square pegs out of round holes and play to our strengths 

I have zero confidence in Moore to make the necessary changes required 

• Like 3

Talk on here about Ryan Lowe and what he’s achieved at Plymouth Argyle. 

I live in Plymouth and remember his first season wasn’t plain sailing, it didn’t happen over night. It took time for the team to settle and the football style to become evident, there were grumbles amongst the fans generally about the way they were playing. 

I’ve said in these pages a few times, it seems like it should be as simple as a computer game, I think there’s far too much impatience. Some teams might spark instantly, some won’t.

There were many comments about clearing out and rebuilding before Moore. Well, you’ve got that, so give it a chance. 

FFS…

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, slinger208b said:

Talk on here about Ryan Lowe and what he’s achieved at Plymouth Argyle. 

I live in Plymouth and remember his first season wasn’t plain sailing, it didn’t happen over night. It took time for the team to settle and the football style to become evident, there were grumbles amongst the fans generally about the way they were playing. 

I’ve said in these pages a few times, it seems like it should be as simple as a computer game, I think there’s far too much impatience. Some teams might spark instantly, some won’t.

There were many comments about clearing out and rebuilding before Moore. Well, you’ve got that, so give it a chance. 

FFS…

Bang on.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

So me stats man where are we now another game with less than 50% possession, and even less with possession in the attacking half.

Only 3 shots on target too.

Completely woeful.

Now 7 out of the 8 games the other team has scored we have failed to win.

The only negative mindset around is the useless lump in the dig out.

• Like 1