Darren Moore is trying to play possession based attacking football

'Possession based attacking football', seems a bit of  a contradiction us playing numerous passes around the in our half and not scoring many goals. In fact the goal we did score at Cambridge was virtually route one.

True over the past two matches we have had more shots than the opposition, in the previous eleven we achieved that only once, hardly an attack-minded approach.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"I see wonderful signs of players coming in and understanding and we have to continue with that.

We are trying to play the possession-based, attacking football"

"Here at Wednesday, we are all new together. We are a new squad and getting settled into a new system.

"We have got players in the building with different attributes.

We played Wimbledon last week and it was a clear footballing match"

"We have got 24 players but we are a team. There are 24 players that I have got to worry about and make sure I get them up to match speed. I have to get all 24 players ready so they are ready to perform for the team"

"The shot conversion has gone up.

The creativity in chances has been there".

giphy.gif.4e2a8c5360054a3a4adced74c34f08a0.gif

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

"We are trying to play on the front foot and that's what we are working towards that.

Will that happen overnight?

I see wonderful signs of players coming in and understanding and we have to continue with that.

We are trying to play the possession-based, attacking football"

"Here at Wednesday, we are all new together. We are a new squad and getting settled into a new system.

We have got players in the building with different attributes.

We played Wimbledon last week and it was a clear footballing match.

We played Cambridge on a Tuesday night which was more of a percentage game with the conditions.

Sometimes you might get a clust of games with half a dozen games where I don't feel a need to change the squad.

You have to be adaptable in this league and you have to be ready for it.

We have got 24 players but we are a team. There are 24 players that I have got to worry about and make sure I get them up to match speed. I have to get all 24 players ready so they are ready to perform for the team"

"We are playing a little quicker and we are getting more of that understanding.

We felt we needed to get more tempo and rhythm to our games.

We have to keep that forward momentum."

"We have had double figure attempts on goal in the last two games so that has been positive.

The shot conversion has gone up. The creativity in chances has been there.

Our ruthless mentality has not been there.

I feel like we have got the right players at the club to take those chances."

248c405643b0ab6cf965e6e9712672b4.gif.8f773030ce36392b33d4caab7471fb90.gif

• Haha 3

https://twitter.com/robstaton/status/1451547957950550019?t=kFPHrYWdmdeIO5gg5_m3JQ&s=19

Good questions from Rob and Moore's response disappoints me a bit. I'm a fan of Moore, but that's not what I thought we were getting.

I wanted a manager to come in with his way of playing, drill the players into a cohesive unit, not change depending on the opposition. 

It's a dangerous strategy as there is nothing to get behind, other than the result and if that doesn't go our way, ripe for criticism.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

His use of the word ‘wonderful’ always gets me. 

Yeah, he really likes using "wonderful" and "fantastic".

It's like Brendan Ridgers with "character" and "terrific"; accept Brendan can get away with it.