Darren Moore is trying to play possession based attacking football

58 minutes ago, Tewkesbury said:

But Cambridge had a tactic, every long ball had a big lad and a quick one chasing under it, in this league it usually works.

That's what I am saying we have to adjust to it. It's why he don't play Brown at left back and all the attacking wingers not willing to head the football in our own box.

1 hour ago, Freshfish said:

You can't make a silk purse out of a sows ear ...but you can make a successful, hard to beat team that other teams worry about, if you PLAY TO THE STRENGTHS OF THE PLAYERS WE'VE GOT! ffs ... 

Shame that, we would have found a use for Sow if you could.  He’s a signing with Kamberi and Corbeanu who must be thinking why did I agree to sign for this club when they don’t have plans to play me.  Moore talks about playing with attacking intent yet we have 5-6 attack minded players who can’t get into the starting line up.  Odd 

• Like 2

If only there was a period of time, outside competitive football, when managers can train with the squad and try new systems and tactics.  Something ahead of the season, almost like a "pre-season" if you will.  This would mean clubs would not still be trying to work out what they are doing after a quarter of the season has gone.  

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

"We are trying to play on the front foot and that's what we are working towards that.

Will that happen overnight?

I see wonderful signs of players coming in and understanding and we have to continue with that.

We are trying to play the possession-based, attacking football"

"Here at Wednesday, we are all new together. We are a new squad and getting settled into a new system.

We have got players in the building with different attributes.

We played Wimbledon last week and it was a clear footballing match.

We played Cambridge on a Tuesday night which was more of a percentage game with the conditions.

Sometimes you might get a clust of games with half a dozen games where I don't feel a need to change the squad.

You have to be adaptable in this league and you have to be ready for it.

We have got 24 players but we are a team. There are 24 players that I have got to worry about and make sure I get them up to match speed. I have to get all 24 players ready so they are ready to perform for the team"

"We are playing a little quicker and we are getting more of that understanding.

We felt we needed to get more tempo and rhythm to our games.

We have to keep that forward momentum."

"We have had double figure attempts on goal in the last two games so that has been positive.

The shot conversion has gone up. The creativity in chances has been there.

Our ruthless mentality has not been there.

I feel like we have got the right players at the club to take those chances."

Has Darren Moore watch any of our games, we have normally 30-40% possession both home and Away, we are getting played off the park by Bolton, Oxford, Plymouth.

He's is starting to sound like Gary Monk out of his depth in charge of a club.

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Has Darren Moore watch any of our games, we have normally 30-40% possession both home and Away, we are getting played off the park by Bolton, Oxford, Plymouth.

He's is starting to sound like Gary Monk out of his depth in charge of a club.

Nope. But don’t let facts get in the way of a good rant 

80A04BD6-97E6-4BE1-ADC5-0E838AF93232.thumb.jpeg.fd109fc25e866dedc31caa221a2fbb42.jpeg

• Love 2

22 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The only stat that matters is the number in the 'Won' column.

Everyone on Owlstalk agrees with that.

The discussion is about how to win more often.  Many on here think we should aim to win through superior strength and pace, while I tend to support Moore's view that we should aim to win through superior passing and movement.  This doesn't, of course, mean that strength and pace are not needed.

• Like 2