Bring Steve back

1 hour ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Funny how Atkinson did the exact same thing but is a hero. 

What Bruce did was s****y but let’s not kid ourselves. He’s a far superior manager to Moore. 

To be fair though I think he’s burned his bridges with DC. Shame the elephants weren’t caught in the fire. 

I can remember feeling disgruntled when they brought Atkinson back in 1997 and couldn't bring myself to give him a clap or cheer on his first match back v Arsenal (Won 2-0).
But its 30 years ago he walked out on us so don't hold any ill feelings towards him now, sorry that you dont get personalites like Big Ron in football anymore.

Think Bruce coming back is a non starter. I expect him to leave Newcastle shortly but he will go on holiday for a while now and probably see what his options are after Christmas. I doubt he will see a mid table 3rd division club that will need a few seasons hard work to get them moving forward as very attractive when he is a wealthy bloke over 60.
Plus I doubt Chansiri would want him back.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I can remember feeling disgruntled when they brought Atkinson back in 1997 and couldn't bring myself to give him a clap or cheer on his first match back v Arsenal (Won 2-0).
But its 30 years ago he walked out on us so don't hold any ill feelings towards him now, sorry that you dont get personalites like Big Ron in football anymore.

Think Bruce coming back is a non starter. I expect him to leave Newcastle shortly but he will go on holiday for a while now and probably see what his options are after Christmas. I doubt he will see a mid table 3rd division club that will need a few seasons hard work to get them moving forward as very attractive when he is a wealthy bloke over 60.
Plus I doubt Chansiri would want him back.

Perfect time for him to leave - Ashes is starting soon.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bulldog said:

12th in the table when he arrived, 12th in the table when he left. He can fizz off, the fat cabbage faced canute.

We were 17th when he arrived.

We lost just 3 games in the 18 he was manager , W7 D8 L3.

If the table had started from when he took over, we would have finished 6th.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prowl said:

I wouldn't want him as our manager after the last fiasco. First time a bigger club came available he'd be off

DC wouldn't have him back.

He wouldn't come back.

I know he’d be straight off to yoonited when jackasssnovic gets peddled!! Only kidding calm down calm down!!🤪

46 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Fair enough, I stand corrected on our position but the last line is just speculation as his last 7 games were W2 D2 L3

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maidstoneowl said:

It was best football in 20 year.  

Yes he left but because like girlfriend from school say 

"Come on leave you fat wife and 4 horrible kids"

" Cone with me"

So you like her at school and she not gone like size space hopper 

So you go. 

Then this happen...

You eat chicken fried and of course she go to gym and say "I like new one"

You say " oh no"

Ok ...then I go back to my space hopper wife and 4 horrible kids 

So what I say is this..

TIME TO BRUCE COME HOME PLEASE.

Bounce if like (space hop bounce yes)

But we need to know what Maurice has to say about it.

1 hour ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Bruce was a big myth, he was no different to Jos,monk or Bore

The football was dire and drew far too many and played for a draw at home to the pigs

villa were below us in the table when Bruce arrived (after watching tcricket) and went up, had Bruce been any good he would have got us in the play offs 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Bruce was a big myth, he was no different to Jos,monk or Bore

The football was dire and drew far too many and played for a draw at home to the pigs

villa were below us in the table when Bruce arrived (after watching tcricket) and went up, had Bruce been any good he would have got us in the play offs 

Ha ha ok.

Villa were 7 places above us in 10th when Bruce arrived.

From what I remember about the Utd game, we were the better team and had the better chances to win it. They were happy to go away with a draw.

Here's the table from when Bruce took over until the end of the season.

20211008_133520.jpg.95b49dff7bede146c19c9834c9a99207.jpg

6th place and look at the 5 teams above us, all been in the Premier League since.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

No chance. The fat fizzer ditched us at the first chance he could. 

Also, he's too ugly to be our manager. We need another smooth operator like Carlos to serenade us. The men want to be him and the women want to make love to him. 

Bet you didn't say that about Meggo, who makes Bruce look like Brea Pitt.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Ha ha ok.

From what I remember about the Utd game, we were the better team and had the better chances to win it. They were happy to go away with a draw.

6th place and look at the 5 teams above us, all been in the Premier League since.

Ok check the table for early March then a better indicator... Villa were below us when we played the pigs

22 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

Ok check the table for early March then a better indicator... Villa were below us when we played the pigs

This is how the table looked before the Utd game.

20211008_142550.jpg.27f410964202c9ae1dc67265e380b86f.jpg

Ok we'd got closer to Villa after 12 points from Bruce's first 6 games with us.

But under him we went from looking over our shoulders at the relegation places to thinking about the play offs.

Ok it wasn't to be in the end but to get enough points to make the play offs we would have to have Won 11 Drawn 7 and lost 0 in his 18 matches in charge, which would have been a miracle with a team that had been poo for most of the season prior to then.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Ha ha ok.

Are you forgetting a certain team from the same City? Using half season stats, someone could argue that Monk would have got us in the play offs if he had been sacked on Christmas day.

• Like 1