Bring Steve back

41 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

Are you forgetting a certain team from the same City? Using half season stats, someone could argue that Monk would have got us in the play offs if he had been sacked on Christmas day.

I've no idea what you're trying to say re Monk but when he was sacked we were in 18th with 24 points from 22 games.

I don't know what Utd, Villa or Monk have got to do with what Bruce did  with us. But anyone who says he didn't do a good job in steadying the ship and getting 29 points from the last 18 matches, plus bringing in players such as Iorfa is talking nonsense.

2 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Ha ha ok.

Villa were 7 places above us in 10th when Bruce arrived.

From what I remember about the Utd game, we were the better team and had the better chances to win it. They were happy to go away with a draw.

Here's the table from when Bruce took over until the end of the season.

20211008_133520.jpg.95b49dff7bede146c19c9834c9a99207.jpg

6th place and look at the 5 teams above us, all been in the Premier League since.

Fantastic. Now we just need to convince the efl to play their seasons over 17 games instead of a full season.

17 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

No chance. The fat fizzer ditched us at the first chance he could. 

Also, he's too ugly to be our manager. We need another smooth operator like Carlos to serenade us. The men want to be him and the women want to make love to him. 

Only one candidate.... 

IMG_20211008_182925.jpg

13 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Speaking as one of the fat wives or horrible kids, I’d have him back tomorrow.

In July 2019 you’d have to be a lunatic or a lifelong Owl to turn down Newcastle for Wednesday.

We saw what he would do for us. Proper manager, proper signings, proper approach to play. 

Let me float one very topical example. Was it hoof-ball? No, it was actually really decent play and very enjoyable to watch. I found it decent tempo and quite attacking. BUT, did we fek about with it across the back four? Not on your life! I loved us defensively in those 20 odd games. The number of times I watched Lees and even Hector put it into Row ZZ under pressure was a satisfying joy. There’s a time for artistry and there’s a time to clear danger. Bruce got it right, we have got it badly wrong.

The 3 Steve's. 

3 amigos. 

But 1 get 2 free. 

• Haha 1

I love a ‘let’s get the old manager back’ thread. Particularly one started by such a fun OP as this one 😀. But I can’t imagine for one nanosecond Bruce would come back to Sheffield Wednesday! He’ll have trousered a nice fat payoff once he’s been binned by Newcastle and will sit with his thumb up his arris waiting for a mid table championship club to come calling. League One is really not going to float his boat!

22 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I've no idea what you're trying to say re Monk but when he was sacked we were in 18th with 24 points from 22 games.

I don't know what Utd, Villa or Monk have got to do with what Bruce did  with us. But anyone who says he didn't do a good job in steadying the ship and getting 29 points from the last 18 matches, plus bringing in players such as Iorfa is talking nonsense.

I'm saying it's easy to cherry pick a run of games - like Monks first season when he got us to 3rd. United are no longer in the premier league (which is what you said) I never mentioned Villa.