Brown/Shodipo

Best combination play between two players all season that last ten minutes. Brown is clearly the best left back at the club and Shodipo was linking up excellently with him. They actually looked exciting that last ten minutes.

They have to start down the left Saturday.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not going to get carried away with Brown's left back performance after 15 minutes away against Mansfield

But

I have seen enough of Johnson at left back to know I don't like it. Brown is a young left sided player who looks sharp, is full of running and is apparently a left back. And he did well today. And has done well in most games he's played. I'd really like to see him start a league game at left back. 

• Like 6

Just now, StudentOwl said:

I'm not going to get carried away with Brown's left back performance after 15 minutes away against Mansfield

But

I have seen enough of Johnson at left back to know I don't like it. Brown is a young left sided player who looks sharp, is full of running and is apparently a left back. And he did well today. And has done well in most games he's played. I'd really like to see him start a league game at left back. 

brown was quality at Wigan in the second half 

• Like 1

The last ten minutes of the game we definitely started to play together better. That left hand side combo looks good. Corbeanu just need to get the rust out of his system. 

Wing even though he scored. He loses the ball so many times in the middle of the pitch with silly back heels and crap touches. He doesn't seem to be getting any sharper for me 

4 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

But

I'd play brown left back with Johnson Infront on left hand side of a 4-4-2

Johnson isn't a left back but has a good cross on him

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

Best combination play between two players all season that last ten minutes. Brown is clearly the best left back at the club and Shodipo was linking up excellently with him. They actually looked exciting that last ten minutes.

So they won't, Moore? 

6 minutes ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

I'd play brown left back with Johnson Infront on left hand side of a 4-4-2

Johnson isn't a left back but has a good cross on him

I would, not convinced by Shopido thus far , doesn’t look fit to me 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

And Corbeanau on the right in a 442 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

But

I would certainly like to see Brown given a chance at left back because he seems to have everything that Johnson has and more. Johnson is not a left back agreed, I liked the look of Brown and Shodipo that last 10 mins. Shodipo one side and Corbeanu the other at home would be ideal. Not happening though is it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I bet they don’t though !!! You can see others can except the manager 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, CourteenerOwl said:

I would certainly like to see Brown given a chance at left back because he seems to have everything that Johnson has and more. Johnson is not a left back agreed, I liked the look of Brown and Shodipo that last 10 mins. Shodipo one side and Corbeanu the other at home would be ideal. Not happening though is it.

Johnson getting slated for being played out of position, needs to be left wing as we don't have any better players in squad to put in some quality from out wide

I honestly don’t get the hype with Shodipo come with a great record 

seen nothing as an end product yet just loses possession. I’d go as far as saying Harris even carried the ball further than him 

really happy for my opinion to change but I just don’t see anything to write home about so far 

for me the better combo would be brown then Johnson or Palmer and brown 

thought Sow had a good debut when he played out left too maybes he  needs a run of games 

but I’m hoping this is down to the complete poor persistence in tactics and when that changes either through Moore realising or a change in management then we still have the playing personal to kick on 

playing it around at the back FML

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I honestly don’t get the hype with Shodipo come with a great record 

seen nothing as an end product yet just loses possession. I’d go as far as saying Harris even carried the ball further than him 

really happy for my opinion to change but I just don’t see anything to write home about so far 

for me the better combo would be brown then Johnson or Palmer and brown 

thought Sow had a good debut when he played out left too maybes he  needs a run of games 

but I’m hoping this is down to the complete poor persistence in tactics and when that changes either through Moore realising or a change in management then we still have the playing personal to kick on 

playing it around at the back FML

I agree with what you said about Shodipo but once Brown came on behind him, I did think he played quite well that final 10 mins. We need to start getting combos going through the side. We don't really have any atm apart from maybe Hutch and Iorfa having a good understanding.