Darren Moore apologises to Owls fans

11 hours ago, Chris Bart-Wilson said:

It’s madness on here. We are 6 games into a 46 league season and people want Moore sacked and kits changed (I like the pink kit). If anyone thinks we are going to go the whole season without a poor performance they need to get a grip. We have a whole new squad to mould and gel together which will take more than 6 weeks. Calm the fizz down, and put it behind you, let’s see what happens when we go again on Saturday. From looking at the players in training and the comments they make on social media, they believe in what DM wants to achieve which is a MASSIVE step forwards from last season. If we are nowhere near by Easter then call for his head, but for now get behind the players.  UTO

You need to have a good long look at whats happening on the Pitch,what do you imagine the pre season is for?? 

You dont think tactics & playing styles,positions,etc should be sorted out THAN not during the Season?? Championship sides turned us over last season playing direct high press,and its happening again in L1....

What did DM do at half time to address that Yesterday???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

It's only September, the players have hardly played together...once they gel we will fly up the league....

🙂

Yeah,OR other teams will see the pathetic way we 'dealt' with a high press,high pressure,direct style of play,whilst 'playing out from the back'..& will adopt similar tactics...(dont they anyway in L1?) against us?

BPF will start to be put under way more pressure as a consequence..(like today) and may have his confidence effected....been there before havnt we?? Meanwhile this keeping possession type of football saw us 'win' the possession stats.....trouble is the vast majority of it was in our OWN HALF  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Yep

Crybaby Moore haters should shut up and support him instead of seeking attention by being all edgy and wanting a new manager after six games and just a few points off top spot 

Mate its a forum,i see loads of views i disagree with,mostly jog past,but if i think it warrents it,i post an alternative view....

Some people after last Years antics are just sick of the excuses...Personally my only gripe with DM currently is his belief in playing out from the back,& in my view a lack of any plan to combat the high press,direct style when played against it....

Cost us last year in the Championship,& based on yesterdays game i didn't see any tactical changes at half time ,or a different way of playing to try to get back into the game,at 0-2 down...

These i feel are fair comments....

DM has had last season to reflect on playing out,new players,& a full pre season........yet still we see performances like yesterday...

• Like 4

1 minute ago, parajack said:

Mate its a forum,i see loads of views i disagree with,mostly jog past,but if i think it warrents it,i post an alternative view....

Some people after last Years antics are just sick of the excuses...Personally my only gripe with DM currently is his belief in playing out from the back,& in my view a lack of any plan to combat the high press,direct style when played against it....

Cost us last year in the Championship,& based on yesterdays game i didn't see any tactical changes at half time ,or a different way of playing to try to get back into the game,at 0-2 down...

These i feel are fair comments....

DM has had last season to reflect on playing out,new players,& a full pre season........yet still we see performances like yesterday...

Good points well made.

3 hours ago, TheOwlsofDodworth said:

The level of instant gratification in this post is a new level.

Patience is surely a dying art in a super fast world.

It's the old saying init, about building Rome.

Instant gratification,  twenty years out of the Premier.  Ye gods that's all we ever do is bang on about building Rome, we could have built London, Madrid, Moscow etc etc in same bloody time.  Instant gratification indeed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Instant gratification,  twenty years out of the Premier.  Ye gods that's all we ever do is bang on about building Rome, we could have built London, Madrid, Moscow etc etc in same bloody time.  Instant gratification indeed.

Lack of patience to build something properly that's gonna be longlasting and quality, and get it right is how you end up with Calvin Harris at number one in the singles chart

• Haha 1

Owlstalk Shop

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Most of the players weren't here for pre-season

DM was,& these are Professional footballers,how hard is it?....he saw that his preferred style wasn't working last Year & made changes,HE has brought in these players presumably on the basis they are ball players and/or are familiar with or capable of playing the system he advocates......

If it doesnt work in a match we the fans are entitled to see our manager do something about in a game....change players around,at half time,to combat the high press,vary things,bypass the midfield and long ball it,bring on impact subs...

Do something.....tell me what you think DM did? cos i only listened to the game....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, parajack said:

You need to have a good long look at whats happening on the Pitch,what do you imagine the pre season is for?? 

You dont think tactics & playing styles,positions,etc should be sorted out THAN not during the Season?? Championship sides turned us over last season playing direct high press,and its happening again in L1....

What did DM do at half time to address that Yesterday???

Usual laugh icon.....probably one of the people who thought 'Westy' and JR should have been given new contracts.....CLOWNSCHOOL....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1