Darren Moore apologises to Owls fans

Just now, Inspector Lestrade said:

So when you disagree with someone are you trolling? 

It's a debate he ran out of coherent arguments and resorted to name calling.  And I'm the troll?

You call that a debate lol

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Some are blaming the midweek videos of the players being happy in training too

Proper weirdos 

Mental mate. 

I’ve never seen the likes of Messi or Ronaldo be happy when training. Sort it out Darren Moore. 

should we get them to train in their pants and vests as punishment. Could kill two birds with one stone. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, TheSlicer said:

So you’re just moaning for the sake of moaning then. 

very helpful. 

It’s called having an opinion mate. I’ve had to sit amongst Argyle fans saying WTF is their awful kit like. 

Had to agree. 

Sack the pink kit. Results will improve immediately 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

it’s mid SEPTEMBER

Players are still getting to know each other

The manager is still sussing out his best starting eleven 

We are two points off second place

Agree with you about bringing back Garry Monk tho mate - great shout 

Come on Neil Today was an embarrassment.

Yep early days but totally overrun in midfield.

I saw it, many saw it, has Darren seen it.

Time will tell I guess.

1 hour ago, FreshOwl said:

Appreciate the apology, but would have been nice for him to explain what went wrong in the game 

Self evident,its not attendance allowance for showing up in a mighty Sheff WED  shirt & doing them a favour by turning out....You actually have to play and do SOMETHING to win the game....

Stop fcuking rolling the ball out,we are poo at it,STOP looking for possession football(we win that every time,trouble is majority is in our own half)

And stop getting mugged off by very average Div 3 sies who just long ball it forward.....guess what? its EFFECTIVE why not give it a go? DM?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ray Von shabba said:

Time will tell I guess.

I think the pressure is on a bit.

That little bit of a good will can and will quickly evaporate if we don't pick up some positive results.

Like Dave, but he needs some good results and quick.

Edited by SiJ

Just now, Ray Von shabba said:

Time will tell I guess.

Im not saying we played well 

I’m not saying our midfield was overrun

Im not saying it wasn’t a disappointing result

Im saying that sacking the manager, changing formation, dropping Iorfa cos he is a bit thick, changing the colour of the away shirt and scrapping all midweek photos and videos of any players smiling in training isn’t a sensible move 

Yet all of the above and more have been called for since the final whistle today

lol

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

6 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

It’s called having an opinion mate. I’ve had to sit amongst Argyle fans saying WTF is their awful kit like. 

Had to agree. 

Sack the pink kit. Results will improve immediately 

Imagine if we changed our kit every time an away fan critiqued it and said it wasn’t to their personal taste?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, owlinexeter said:

Plymouth put away their chances and looked quite tidy. Bannans missed header was the best chance Wednesday had all afternoon, they almost got a goal back with a goal mouth scramble. A lot of credit should be given to the many Wednesday fans who packed the away end and sang there songs throughout the game

DE5F81A4-BA0B-42EA-B540-34C3E2C00E31.jpeg

2F19B45E-8FC8-4769-9447-29CB0D306EE8.jpeg

Unfortunately the fanbase don’t get you promoted. That’s down to the manager and players who had bad days today

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, parajack said:

Self evident,its not attendance allowance for showing up in a mighty Sheff WED  shirt & doing them a favour by turning out....You actually have to play and do SOMETHING to win the game....

Stop fcuking rolling the ball out,we are poo at it,STOP looking for possession football(we win that every time,trouble is majority is in our own half)

And stop getting mugged off by very average Div 3 sies who just long ball it forward.....guess what? its EFFECTIVE why not give it a go? DM?

Rolling the ball out has to stop if we continue to play this slow game. With quickness and intensity it works. But we have BPF wandering around the six yard box with the ball in his hand for an eternity, hutch and Iorfa doing circles on the edge of the six yard box, and by the time we get the ball to either of them the opposition have closed us down to within an inch of our lives & we immediately surrender possession 

We lost today because of the midfield. No cohesion whatsoever. No plan, no idea who needed to be where, and because of that there were gaping holes in the middle - especially in the first half. It didn’t help that our ball control was lazy and pathetic too 

That today looked like a team who’d never played together which is worrying, but it’s early days and for now I’ll put it down to a lack of experience. But even with the squad we have we shouldn’t be getting rolled over like that

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 4

27 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

But, I fear you might be able to repeat “The manager is still sussing out his best starting eleven” after 12 games.

I’m patient. I still trust in Moore. I feel we need calm continuity . I’m realistic and have been consistent in that I feel this will be a season of mid table transition and rebuild. However, playing Bannan, Wing & Byers in a midfield three concerns me. That group is too easy for any opponents to bully, outrun and outwork. That’s exactly what happened today. Also we were outnumbered in midfield and nothing was done to solve that conundrum. Lessons need to be learned quickly. 

We need to be much more confident & clinical in our decision making. And that goes for across the pitch 

If we’re gonna play it out, keeper needs to release the ball early.

Iorfa gets it - carry the ball out early and don’t look for the easy sideways pass every time. He has all the quality in the world and can bully people at this level, but he needs to believe he can bring the ball forward far more than he is doing 

We need Luongo next to Bannan, because the latter can’t do all the fancy stuff himself. We need someone there to clean up should it go pear shaped 

Up front - I’m not convinced Gregory is anything close to being what is required, same with Kamberi. That’s where I’m worried, and I’d even be tempted to play Windass as a central striker due to our lack of options, and I think in this division he’d be comfortable doing that 

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Rolling the ball out has to stop if we continue to play this slow game. With quickness and intensity it works. But we have BPF wandering around the six yard box with the ball in his hand for an eternity, hutch and Iorfa doing circles on the edge of the six yard box, and by the time we get the ball to either of them the opposition have closed us down to within an inch of our lives & we immediately surrender possession 

We lost today because of the midfield. No cohesion whatsoever. No plan, no idea who needed to be where, and because of that there were gaping holes in the middle - especially in the first half 

That today looked like a team who’d never played together which is worrying, but it’s early days and for now I’ll put it down to a lack of experience. But even with the squad we have we shouldn’t be getting rolled over like that

SO WHAT ARE WE PAYING  a manager/coach  for? it istr bad enough we sit below Burton Albion & WW in the League Table,get humbled by Morecame FFS & now todays debacle...

Unable to regroup,or adapt to a high press direct style,or defend a cross,let alone score a goal...

Get  a grip DM

• Like 1